2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I also need some advice on Helu. Should I wait for him to (eventually) start and put up good numbers then sell high? Or should I dump him now?
Wondering the same...

Also, should I start Ogletree over Colston this week?
Ogletree over Colston... what, lets be real now
laugh.gif

Hillis is on the waivers in my league..Should I drop Helu for him? Dont think I want to put y trust in any of Shanahan's backs.

I've been holding on to Helu. I think Morris should be out of the job by week 5 or 6 and Helu is worth the spot, esp in PPR. But I've kept Hillis around as well, that team is going to run A LOT. Depends on who your other backs are IMO.

His Cam Newton for my Peyton Manning. He has both Denver receivers (Thomas & Decker) so I understand why he wants Manning.

Would y'all do it?

I like stevie but it depends on Berry playing

And also Brandon Flowers. He was limited in yesterday's practice so I'm thinking Brandon plays Sunday. He'd most likely be on Stevie all game.

Last edited:
His Cam Newton for my Peyton Manning. He has both Denver receivers (Thomas & Decker) so I understand why he wants Manning.
Would y'all do it?

I'd keep Peyton.

I have to pick one for the flex..
Denarius Moore
Michael Bush
Peyton Hillis
Cedric Benson

I'm sticking to the recommendation I made to you earlier for this trade proposal, I like the combination of Julio and Martin for Shady even being the biggest Eagles fan on this board. Julio gives you potentially a top-3 fantasy WR paired with Martin who is in-line for a monster year under Schiano. Lots of carries and hopefully receptions. He's a legitimate RB2, fringe RB1 for someone is as high on Martin as I am.
However, I would add a slight detail or adjustment to the current trade proposal. Can you somehow offload McGahee in that deal for a better back included with Martin and Julio? I don't like Willis one bit for fantasy this year.
I also like the Fitz for Matthews deal somewhat because of your pressing need at RB2. Matthews would actually become your RB1 and Martin shifted to RB2. However, is there a cheaper option that manger would take for Matthews instead of Fitz?
I like the moves, just trying to help you get Julio, Martin, and Matthews for cheaper.
What about Fitz and McGahee for Julio and Martin?

Nahh man my friend that has Julio and Doug Martin is a huge Eagles fan and drafted Martin knowing that it would be his way to getting McCoy :lol:. No way I can get him in any scenario without giving up McCoy. But he does have Reggie Bush and I'm sure I could throw in McGahee and get Bush in return...but I'm not sure how much I trust Reggie Bush. I definitely trust McGahee a lot more than I'll ever trust Reggie Bush with anything, especially in as terrible of an offense as Reggie's in.

But maybe he'd take Fitz for Doug Martin and that would give me McCoy, Martin, McGahee and Michael Bush as my RB's......and it would give my friend Calvin Johnson, Fitz, Julio and Bolden as his receivers but he'd be left with Reggie Bush, Jonathan Dwyer, Hillis, Blount and Rashad Jennings as his RB's. Idk what to do but Julio and Doug Martin for McCoy is really tempting.

Helpp Champ on the last comment...and also im really tempted starting Cobb at the flex or WR n benching Bowe by putting Alfred Morris...Matt Cassel is mad suspect :smh:

Hey Champ,

Right now i have my roster set as

Brees

Cruz

DHB

Forte

Richardson

V. Davis

Garcon (FLEX)

NYG D

I'm worried that Garcon will not play as he did not practice yesterday.  My gut is telling me to replace him with Hillis in the FLEX if he is ruled out.  I also have Pierre Thomas, Randy Moss, or McCluster I could put in the Flex.  I havent seen enough of McCluster to trust him yet. I lost Maclin to injury this week too, so hopefully I can squeeze a W this week while Garcon and Maclin recover.

Also, just noticed someone dropped D. Moore, should I cut someone to add him?

Thanks in advance Champ

Last edited:
Helpp Champ on the last comment...and also im really tempted starting Cobb at the flex or WR n benching Bowe by putting Alfred Morris...Matt Cassel is mad suspect
mean.gif
I think Cobb at the flex is kind of a reach, but if they use him the same way they did last week then he is a worth flex guy.

I'd keep Peyton.
I have to pick one for the flex..
Denarius Moore
Michael Bush
Peyton Hillis
Cedric Benson

That's between D-Mo and Mike Bush. The Bears should be able to move the ball effectively against GB's defense, especially on a short week. I expect to see Bush get some opportunities at the goaline to capitalize.On the other hand, D-Mo should be back this weekend against MIA and is sure to be a favorite target for Carson. Tough call, but if it were me, I'd give the edge to Mike.

Peyton Manning / Alfred morris/ Trent Richardson
For
Newton/ Cedric Benson/ dominik hixson or alshon Jeffrey?
Whogets better trade!!!??
Peyton, Morris, and Richardson side. I don't love Morris but the gap between Peyton and Cam isn't enough to compensate for Ced and Jeffery not close to adding up to Richardson and Morris.

Ok I got two def 9ers n patriots n the bench is big Ben Decker Kenny britt Alfred Morris Randall Cobb n cj spiller...so I'm like who do I really drop
Well if you plan to play SF DEF this week, you could drop NE DEF for Cutler. I know holding three QBs is a bit much, but you essentially need Big Ben for the bye week (6) and Cutler for trade bait.

Someone dropped Vick today. I am picking him up. I now have Rivers, Vick and RG3

Who should I Get rid of ?  I am thinking Rivers. 
Hold onto all three for trade bait. Vick is high risk, high reward. Injury waiting to happen without Peters protecting him, unfortunately. I'd trade RG3 right now while his value is high after Week 1's shocker over New Orleans. Rivers might be your most consistent and dependable QB by season's end.

Do I go C. Fleener or J. Greshime at TE?
Leaning towards Fleener this week for some reason...
Fleener. Like the MIN match-up and Luck looked his way considerably as we expected. Wayne could have a good week also against Minny's corners.

Hillis is on the waivers in my league..Should I drop Helu for him? Dont think I want to put y trust in any of Shanahan's backs.
Yes, I would do that temporarily until Shanny shows Helu will get first-team reps. Track and flag Helu though after he's dropped.

I also need some advice on Helu. Should I wait for him to (eventually) start and put up good numbers then sell high? Or should I dump him now?
I'd be patient with him using up a roster spot unless someone seriously valuable is available in your FA pool. List names.

Ok I got two def 9ers n patriots n the bench is big Ben Decker Kenny britt Alfred Morris Randall Cobb n cj spiller...so I'm like who do I really drop
Well if you plan to play SF DEF this week, you could drop NE DEF for Cutler. I know holding three QBs is a bit much, but you essentially need Big Ben for the bye week (6) and Cutler for trade bait.

I plan on starting the Pats def vs Cards over the 9ers vs Lions...Honestly the Cards are going to get demolished knowing how kolb has happy feet in the pocket...but whats the deal with Bowe man seriously...

PICK ONE: Romo at Seattle or Cutler at GB tonight??
I'm thinking Cutler....any help would be appreciated! Thx in advance!
Cutler against GB. That defense does not scare me in any way, shape, or form. Sorry, Raji. You're still my dude. Jay has new weapons in Chicago. Romo proven to be inconsistent along with the rest of the Dallas squad. Never know what to expect week-to-week.

I'm waiting for my boy T.Y. Hilton to get his shine. He is nestled on my bench in deeper leagues. Almost felt the same about Lavon Brazill, but he's off to a rocky start.

Last edited:
Wondering the same...

Also, should I start Ogletree over Colston this week?
Be patient with Helu unless someone extremely valuable is available in your FA pool.

No, Colston starts over Ogletree even with the foot injury. Carolina a somewhat favorable match-up.

I've been holding on to Helu. I think Morris should be out of the job by week 5 or 6 and Helu is worth the spot, esp in PPR. But I've kept Hillis around as well, that team is going to run A LOT. Depends on who your other backs are IMO.
Smart man, Pro. Shanny switches RBs like a normal person switches underwear. It could be Morris the first four weeks, Helu the next six, Royster after that. Literally musical chairs.

Back
Top Bottom