2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Champ putting in some overtime work in this thread :lol: :pimp:
I was unable to get CJ Spiller as my backup since we are given a $500 budget for FA's and dude spent $100, talk about jumping the gun :lol:
Same guy dropped David Wilson NYG so I picked him up as a backup, this is my lineup for this week.
I do like Browns defense but Bengals play them and Browns are awful offensively, and they have an easier stretch of games coming up.

I put Tony Gonzalez over Vernon Davis but I'm 50/50 on that, and I am about to replace Desean Jackson for Cobb since the Eagles face Ravens defense.
I'm patiently awaiting status of Garcon/Megatron to see if maybe I should replace one of the RB's I have set.
still undecided....ugh.
Got you, Mez. Rare two days off in a row from the office. Taking advantage by relaxing, working out, and going out to eat.

Spiller may be worth that inflated price, but I don't blame you for passing. That's fiscally prudent with your FA budget.

Smart to get the Wilson handcuff, prevents the Bradshaw owner from doing so. He'll play once Coughlin trusts him not to fumble.

Cincy DEF is a safe play for multiple weeks in a row. I'd drop Arizona DEF for a RB/WR only because they're not top-10 and Kolb won't preserve possessions.

I was going to recommend Cobb over D-Jax. No type of protection for Vick W1 and Maclin is likely out with a bad hip. Meaning all coverage is focused on D-Jax. I think Cobb nabs a receiving or return TD tonight. Bit of risk but I'd pull the trigger on that change/move.

Garcon has been missing practice with the foot injury. I'd track that injury all the way up until Saturday.

Can't go wrong with Gonzalez or VD. I like Tony, but if your hunch says Davis grabs a TD against DET, go for it, man. Always trust your gut. My rationale is that with Champ locking down either Roddy or Julio, that opens the field up for Tony and the other receiver that draws Porter in coverage.

I have Vincent Jackson available in one league, but don't know if he's worth picking up. My receivers: AJ Green, Percy, Cobb, and Denarius.
David Wilson available in a couple others, but I don't know who to drop from: Flacco, Mike Bush, Denarius Moore, and Fleener/Witten.
What would you do?
V-Jax is definitely worth an add. I'd say over Moore or Cobb in that order. Even though Moore has value once he returns from injury, V-Jax is a better receiver period.

I may hold off on Wilson until the reps come back and the fumbling stops. But if you feel urgent about adding him, I'd drop Flacco or Fleener in that order. Definitely not Witten or M. Bush.

Cowboys @ Seattle

Pats @ zona

What defense ? :nerd:

:nerd:

Also have a glut at WR this week :\

Welker @ ATL
Colston @ CAR
Garçon @ STL
Jeffrey @ GB
J.Jones @ CHI

Was Welker a week 1 fluke? But he's going up against a Peterson / Wilson Secondary and Garçon is Questionable :nerd:

It would be a mistake for Tennesse to go back to Hasselbeck. He's just not the same player and Locker definitely gives them the best chance to win.

Should I start Donald Brown or Randall Cobb at my flex this week? non-ppr, 10-team.
That's a tough choice because I see Cobb playing well, but Brown may play even better with the MIN match-up. He catches the football outside of running it as a bonus. Jennings is out too pushing for a Cobb start. I'd still give Brown a slight edge as the RB.

Should I start - (standard non-ppr)
Randall Cobb vs CHI
Titus Young vs SF
Brandon LaFell vs NO
in a different league, also standard non-ppr
James Jones
Titus Young
Ogletree
Cobb, LaFell, Young in that order. I've been on the Cobb train since preseason. McCarthy is committing to getting him the football. Return game a bonus.

Young is in last, I'm frustrated with his maturity level. SF DEF not a good match-up all-around for Detroit. Jones benefits from Jennings out but Cobb will probably still see more targets and touches. I'd take a risk and start Ogletree slightly over J. Jones. Sherman and Browner on Miles and Dez. Could create space again for Ogletree on the quick slants over the middle for first-downs.

Someone for you guys to keep an eye on or even make a move on is Donald Jones (WR/Buffalo). With Nelson going down and even Jackson, Jones will be a bigger part of the offense and he saw a good share of targets already in Week 1. Even scored a touchdown. He's flying way under the radar in most leagues and I was able to snag him in just about all of mine.
Nelson on season-long IR. Freddy out six weeks possibly. Good suggestion, Jones is from NJ as well. Gives Fitz a slim option outside of Stevie and C.J.

I like Andrew Hawkins even more from Cincy.

Good idea to sit Torrey Smith in favor of Denarius Moore or Rod Streater? Philly's passing defense is stingy and DMo would be going up against Miami.
Streater is only a serious start candidate in deep 12-plus team leagues. That leaves Moore or Torrey. I'm going Torrey all the way. Denarius is supposedly a lock to play on Sunday but his game is predicated largely on speed. A player coming off injury needs at the very least one good week to adjust to game speed and flow.

Cowboys @ Seattle
Pats @ zona
What defense ? :nerd:
New England for me, quite easily. Kolb is not a threat to post big numbers even with Fitz. They looked much improved W1 with Jones and Hightower.

Seattle could look better at home W2 as opposed to W1 on the road at Arizona.

I wouldn't sit Torrey, I think he gets a few big plays this weekend. I don't get the obsession with Cobb, I'd rather have Jones. I certainly wouldn't start him over D Thomas.
James Jones? He's fallen down the pecking order, Pro. Only Driver is further down, thanks to fraij's confirmation. He was a potential trade chip to Miami. McCarthy likes Cobb better it seems, and so does Rodgers based on W1 targets.

Take it FWIW but Rotowire is saying Jones will start in his place. I like Cobb but I guess I'll just have to lose to him this week to side with you guys :lol:

Thanks for the advice, Champ :pimp:

Nah Champ, the pool is type dry in my league. Im really leaning towards bush or ogletree. Took ur advice and dropped daniels
Bush is my first priority for your Flex. But Ogletree and Hillis worth some consideration as well. Depends how much you trust Romo and Dallas' offense to be consistent.

Who did you add in place of Daniels?

Gates questionable with the ribs...picked up Pitta just in case
Sore rib doesn't bother me too much but it's good to have insurance. Pitta looked excellent in the Cam no-huddle offense. It does feel like Gates is always hurt. Can be frustrating for any owner, which is why I don't agree with his ADP or VD's and Fred Davis' positions.

:nerd:
Also have a glut at WR this week :\
Welker @ ATL
Colston @ CAR
Garçon @ STL
Jeffrey @ GB
J.Jones @ CHI
Was Welker a week 1 fluke? But he's going up against a Peterson / Wilson Secondary and Garçon is Questionable :nerd:
Some football experts truly believe Bill and McDaniels are phasing Welker out. But to what end?

I still feel Welker is a must-start especially in PPR formats. I'll call W1 a fluke until NE continues to prove otherwise. I've liked Lloyd since preseason because of the camaraderie with McDaniels and space Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez open up.

Garcon is questionable with the foot injury and hasn't practiced. STL's DEF improved under Fisher and ready to prove W1 was a fluke for RG3.

I'm keeping a close eye on Colston's foot injury. Affected his play and Sproles' W1 in the loss to Washington. Lance Moore is the NO receiver to own right now outside of Jimmy.

I'd start Welker, Colston, and Jeffery. Garcon possibly in for Colston if he can go 100%. J. Jones doesn't intrigue me one bit.

It would be a mistake for Tennesse to go back to Hasselbeck. He's just not the same player and Locker definitely gives them the best chance to win.
His legs do. No one is questioning the running ability. But he is incredibly far away from being a polished passer.

Thinking about making a couple trades....tell me which team looks better.

My team right now

Brady
McCoy
McGahee
Fitz
Antonio Brown
Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Prater

Bench - Michael Bush, Tate, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright, Ryan Williams, Greg Little

Or...make McCoy for Doug Martin and Julio Jones trade

Brady
Martin
McGahee
Julio
Fitz
Antonio Brown/Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Prater

Or...make that McCoy trade plus trade Fitz for Ryan Mathews

Brady
Martin
Mathews
McGahee
Julio
Antonio Brown/Garcon
Graham
Bears D
Prater

Take it FWIW but Rotowire is saying Jones will start in his place. I like Cobb but I guess I'll just have to lose to him this week to side with you guys :lol:
Thanks for the advice, Champ :pimp:
Anytime, my brotha. Cobb's value is inflated because of the W1 performance but also real because of his versatility. I see him getting at least two return TDs by season's end. The receiving numbers are predicated on how often Rodgers targets Randall. Jennings out helps the entire remaining GB receiving corps.

James Jones may get the start and more actual snaps, but he has an issue with drops. Cobb is more shifty and has that down-field speed. I could be too harsh on Jones, but I barely own him in any of my leagues and wouldn't start him safely this Thursday night.

Considering a trade where I would deal Donald Brown for Desean Jax.

My other RBs- Rice, Jones Drew, Green Ellis, Jennings

WRs- Cruz, Wallace, Mike Williams, Jeffery

We start 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 W/R flex, no PPR.

HALPPP

Pretty sure I'll be keeping the line up like this for the week only worry is Garcon. 

If Garcon doesn't play which I doubt who should I put in at flex.

Thinking about making a couple trades....tell me which team looks better.
My team right now
Brady
McCoy
McGahee
Fitz
Antonio Brown
Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Prater
Bench - Michael Bush, Tate, Mike Williams, Kendall Wright, Ryan Williams, Greg Little
Or...make McCoy for Doug Martin and Julio Jones trade
Brady
Martin
McGahee
Julio
Fitz
Antonio Brown/Garcon
Jimmy Graham
Bears D
Prater
Or...make that McCoy trade plus trade Fitz for Ryan Mathews
Brady
Martin
Mathews
McGahee
Julio
Antonio Brown/Garcon
Graham
Bears D
Prater
I'm sticking to the recommendation I made to you earlier for this trade proposal, I like the combination of Julio and Martin for Shady even being the biggest Eagles fan on this board. Julio gives you potentially a top-3 fantasy WR paired with Martin who is in-line for a monster year under Schiano. Lots of carries and hopefully receptions. He's a legitimate RB2, fringe RB1 for someone is as high on Martin as I am.

However, I would add a slight detail or adjustment to the current trade proposal. Can you somehow offload McGahee in that deal for a better back included with Martin and Julio? I don't like Willis one bit for fantasy this year.

I also like the Fitz for Matthews deal somewhat because of your pressing need at RB2. Matthews would actually become your RB1 and Martin shifted to RB2. However, is there a cheaper option that manger would take for Matthews instead of Fitz?

I like the moves, just trying to help you get Julio, Martin, and Matthews for cheaper.

What about Fitz and McGahee for Julio and Martin?

Considering a trade where I would deal Donald Brown for Desean Jax.

My other RBs- Rice, Jones Drew, Green Ellis, Jennings
WRs- Cruz, Wallace, Mike Williams, Jeffery

We start 2 WR, 2 RB, and 1 W/R flex, no PPR.

HALPPP

Yes, I would accept that deal. I see DeSean having a better season than Maclin despite drawing better coverage, mainly because of the big down-field plays D-Jax is known for. He beats elite coverage with his speed.

Law Firm is an above-average RB3 or Flex option so you're fine there after losing Brown. D-Jax solidifies your WR3 and Flex because Mike Williams is not the safest start or option.

Pretty sure I'll be keeping the line up like this for the week only worry is Garcon. 
If Garcon doesn't play which I doubt who should I put in at flex.
If Garcon can't go, I'd consider Davis in the Flex if TEs are eligible. If not, LaFell. Pierre Thomas the third best option.

His legs do. No one is questioning the running ability. But he is incredibly far away from being a polished passer.

He makes plays, even with his arm from time to time. That's something Hasselbeck has real problems doing this late in his career. He's not even the same type of player he was last year. Unless it's certain the CJ2K can carry the load then Locker is the guy. We'll just wait and see what happens, I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom