Cobb @ Bears

Or

D.Thomas @ Atl

------------------------

Can't believe I'm asking :lol:

CJ28 @ SD

Or

Morris @ Stl

Even with Fitz, I can't seriously encourage anyone to own Kolb as a backup Q. Hasselbeck, sure. He's a savvy veteran that can still play. Locker's shoulder could be an issue even though he says he's ready to play against SD. If you need a QB immediately for W2, Kolb only because Skelton is injured. Long-term though, I think Hasselbeck regains the starting job under Munchak.

I'm on the other side of this...Hass maybe can still play, but to me he looked like a quarterback now disinterested with really pushing himself. Going through the motions, if you will. I think he's taken to his mentor duties a little too comfortably. If he does get another chance, I wouldn't expect much, but barring injury, I really think the Titans are gonna ride with Locker and let him live and learn.

Champ putting in some overtime work in this thread :lol: :pimp:

I was unable to get CJ Spiller as my backup since we are given a $500 budget for FA's and dude spent $100, talk about jumping the gun :lol:

Same guy dropped David Wilson NYG so I picked him up as a backup, this is my lineup for this week.

I do like Browns defense but Bengals play them and Browns are awful offensively, and they have an easier stretch of games coming up.

I put Tony Gonzalez over Vernon Davis but I'm 50/50 on that, and I am about to replace Desean Jackson for Cobb since the Eagles face Ravens defense.

I'm patiently awaiting status of Garcon/Megatron to see if maybe I should replace one of the RB's I have set.

still undecided....ugh.

Last edited:
I have Vincent Jackson available in one league, but don't know if he's worth picking up. My receivers: AJ Green, Percy, Cobb, and Denarius.

David Wilson available in a couple others, but I don't know who to drop from: Flacco, Mike Bush, Denarius Moore, and Fleener/Witten.

What would you do?

Who should I start this week, Kevin Ogletree @ Sea, Randall Cobb or Alshon Jeffery @ GB? I'm thinking Ogletree but then again he can't have 2 spectacular games in a row.
Cobb, Jeffery, Ogletree in that order. Cobb has a ST advantage in the return game. Jennings is doubtful and Rodgers will look his way often. McCarthy wants to get the former Kentucky man the football at every opportunity for explosive plays.

Thanks, gonna change my line up before tonight's game.

Should I start - (standard non-ppr)

Randall Cobb vs CHI
Titus Young vs SF
Brandon LaFell vs NO

in a different league, also standard non-ppr

James Jones
Titus Young
Ogletree

Someone for you guys to keep an eye on or even make a move on is Donald Jones (WR/Buffalo). With Nelson going down and even Jackson, Jones will be a bigger part of the offense and he saw a good share of targets already in Week 1. Even scored a touchdown. He's flying way under the radar in most leagues and I was able to snag him in just about all of mine.

Good idea to sit Torrey Smith in favor of Denarius Moore or Rod Streater? Philly's passing defense is stingy and DMo would be going up against Miami.

I wouldn't sit Torrey, I think he gets a few big plays this weekend. I don't get the obsession with Cobb, I'd rather have Jones. I certainly wouldn't start him over D Thomas.

I wouldn't sit Torrey, I think he gets a few big plays this weekend. I don't get the obsession with Cobb, I'd rather have Jones. I certainly wouldn't start him over D Thomas.

Because they're starting to treat him like a Percy Harvin. Used on ST, at WR, and now even out of the backfield.

Lineup help? I'm really struggling with what to do with my flex among other things
4ixysg.png
I'd start Michael Bush over Sid Rice in the Flex. Mo and Carr were lock-down against superior receivers in Cruz and Nicks. Plus Russell is a rookie QB in his home opener. Not a good omen.

Wouldn't hold three DEFs. Eagles probably have the most long-term value. ATL second. Cincy third but they do have three or four favorable match-ups in a row.

Also wouldn't keep Daniels because he's never going to play over Gronk for you. One bye week isn't enough to save a roster spot for. Is there anybody better at RB or WR in your FA pool?

Now that Dwyer missed practice, I'm on the fence with my flex spot. Thinking about swapping in Benson or waiting until Sunday to see if I should just roll with him or switch in Torrey Smith. Thoughts?
I'd start Torrey, Ced, and Dwyer in that order for your Flex. Torrey didn't have as strong a Week 1 as I expected, but I still feel he has the better receiving season in comparison to Q Boldin. Ced may look better in W2 but not enough to start in the Flex for me. McCarthy runs just enough to honor the defense, nothing more. Dwyer's value remains mid-to-late season.

Who you take NYG vs TB or Oak vs Mia?
Oakland is probably the popular choice but I'm riding with the G-Men to bounce back at home against Tampa. They were a yard and horse collar penalty away from a defensive TD in W1. Sacks should always be there. Freeman is good but not great. Pressure on him all day. Prince and Coe close to returning so that Tryon doesn't have to play or cover outside of ST duty. I see Schiano running Martin but unfortunately don't see Doug scoring. Maybe 76 yards on 24 carries, a line like that.

oakland def against miamil a good pickup this week over detroit vs san fransico?
Yes, I would play Oakland DEF against a rookie QB over DET. It's at Candlestick for SF's home opener after a thrilling W1 victory in which Alex Smith actually looked very sharp. Crabby, Moss, VD, and Manningham offered solid production as offensive weapons. Gore had an excellent W1 line.

Cobb @ Bears
Or
D.Thomas @ Atl
------------------------
Can't believe I'm asking :lol:
CJ28 @ SD
Or
Morris @ Stl
Honestly, I like Cobb better again this week over Demaryius. However, (SneakerPro) I don't want two weeks of guilt for sitting Thomas. Thomas is the much safer and trustworthy play, but my gut tells me Cobb has a nice game tonight (TNF) against Chicago with Jennings out. I'd start Cobb in my own leagues but wouldn't pressure you to do so.

CJ2K by a country mile. Morris has to prove he's reliable enough with Shanny to be a regular start. Otherwise W1 is a fluke for me.

Oak is suspect on defense , I would go Detroit over San Fran, San Fran doesn't score alot of points.
Rookie Q though. Tanny looked horrible W1, no receiving weapons. Reggie is the only MIA offensive threat.

SF's offense looked troublesome for opposing defenses in W1. Yes, GB couldn't stop Mez, Pro, and I on the football field, but Smith still looked sharp and his new weapons are dangerous.

I'm on the other side of this...Hass maybe can still play, but to me he looked like a quarterback now disinterested with really pushing himself. Going through the motions, if you will. I think he's taken to his mentor duties a little too comfortably. If he does get another chance, I wouldn't expect much, but barring injury, I really think the Titans are gonna ride with Locker and let him live and learn.
I can see that reasoning and viewpoint, but as of right now most would tell you the Titans are the clear second best team in the division after Houston. J-Ville and Indy fighting for third and fourth. Meaning if Munchak is in the middle of a playoff hunt for the WC, he can't justify letting his rookie learn and make mistakes with Hasselbeck ready to play. Plus Hasselbeck has not only veteran experience, but playoff experience with Seattle in particular. If Locker isn't getting Britt, Washington, Cook, and Wright the football effectively, Munchak will feel pressure from the top of the organization to pull the plug on the Locker experiment short-term, at least until next season and a clean slate.

Nah Champ, the pool is type dry in my league. Im really leaning towards bush or ogletree. Took ur advice and dropped daniels

Back
Top Bottom