2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Who should I start this week, Kevin Ogletree @ Sea, Randall Cobb or Alshon Jeffery @ GB? I'm thinking Ogletree but then again he can't have 2 spectacular games in a row.

^^ I like Ogletree, i think the Seahawks secondary will be too busy with Murray, Miles Austin, and Dez

what QB to start?

Stafford @ San Francisco
RG3 @ St. Louis
Matt Ryan @ Denver

Thanks in advance!

RG3 is the safe bet

da heck is up with Titus young? is he worth keeping on my roster or what fam?

im having the same problem, im tryna trade for Justin Blackmon in hopes the Jags let him loose

Last edited:
Any value in Kevin Kolb or Matt Hasselbeck?
Both teams starting QB's are hurt. Skelton with an ankle injury and Locker with a non throwing shoulder injury.  Heard Locker was definitely going to play. Havent heard who could start for ARI.

Need some thoughts from others.
I trade Arian Foster
I receive Adrian Peterson & CJ Spiller.
I have Fred Jackson but he went down. Other RBs are Cedric Benson, Dwyer, McCluster (horrible, I know).
I would actually accept that offer. Arian is always an injury scare waiting to happen and you don't own Tate. Jackson is out six weeks and you can effectively secure his valuable handcuff in Spiller. C.J. should go off against KC to earn respect of fantasy managers. I'm higher on AP than most and he proved me right W1 with two TDs. With Ponder at QB, Peterson is set for a consistently heavy workload. You have no RB2 behind Foster. Make the trade.

Good looks. I'd start Maclin but since the Pack play on Thursday, I don't want to wait it out too see his status. I'll most likely go with Cobb and Trent.
Jennings if officially listed as doubtful, not a good sign the day of the game. Maclin isn't practicing and the Eagles just signed Gilyard. I'd definitely roll with Cobb, think he gets a receiving or return TD tonight.

You could go Donald Brown over Trent in the Flex depending on which player you're higher on for W2.

Any input would help guys
Start one: Mike Williams Tampa, Stephen Hill NYJ, or Alshon Jefferey Chi
Definitely not Hill. Sanchez not consistent enough to trust. I'd start Jeffery over Mike Williams. GB lets up a lot of yards and last week Crabby got 7/76 and Moss hauled in a TD. Marshall drawing a lot of coverage. Jeffery and Bennett should flourish.

I'm thinking about dropping the saints PK for Matt Bryant, should I pull the trigger on that?
Long-term, Garrett Hartley is a top-5 PK. Bryant should have a good season, but I'd hold off on that move. Atlanta scores a lot of points, but New Orleans scores even more.

Thanks AG and Champ...i just pulled the trigger...i also factored in that Stafford gonna be playing in a dome, whereas Denver weather will be something that Peyton has to deal with later in the season.
No problem, man. You just got a top-5 fantasy QB for relatively cheap. Anything close to last year's production and you're an extremely happy man.

So I just got offered Wes Welker and Ryan Matthews for Steven Ridley...I have Tom Brady..My RB's are Lynch, Green Ellis, Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Donald Brown, Issac Redman. Wr's Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Desean Jackson, Sidney Rice..You guys think Wes is being phased out/Ridley is set to break out or was week 1 a fluke?
Um, to be blunt, I'm taking the Matthews and Welker side in a heartbeat. I wish managers in my leagues offered me deals like that. Ridley is not a fluke, but Bill is hard to trust with a balanced offense. When you have Brady, you get pass-happy. Week 1 was weird for Wes, people think he's being phased out but even so, Matthews is a far better RB than Ridley, by miles.

Its not a PPR but I had Spiller on the bench and I think he's going put out numbers comparable to Rice the rest of the season.
I don't think Fred Jackson will ever start another game for the Buffalo Bills in the NFL.
Freddy is re-signed through 2014 though. Has the former Coe ties with Levy.

I have the Falcons defense, the Steelers and Jets defense are available should I keep the Falcons or pick up one of the two?
Steelers by far the best option. A consensus top-7 DEF in fantasy. Jets second best option. Falcons probably third but still strong.

Do I start schaub at jac or Vick at bal?
Also I have Seattle as my D but I don't like them this week against the cowboys. Should I drop them and pick up Buffalo since they play KC?
Pains me to say this but Schaub against J-Ville. Vick is having a difficult time getting protection in the pocket. Maclin likely is out allowing Baltimore to key in on DeSean.

I wouldn't drop Seattle's DEF long-term. They play much better at home. Sherman seems fine to play at CB. If you play Buffalo in a spot match-up, hold onto Seattle on your bench.

im having the same dilemma regarding welker. are they gonna keep not targeting him?
ive been offered desean jackson and dwayne bowe for welker and alfred morris, but that would leave me without a legit WR1 (which welker may not be anymore). i've asked the other guy to add roddy white, and i'd add sproles on my side.
what should i do?
my roster (10 team standard league)
QUARTERBACKS
Michael Vick, Phi QB
RUNNING BACKS
Ray Rice, Bal RB
DeMarco Murray, Dal RB
Darren Sproles, NO RB
DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Donald Brown, Ind RB
Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
RECEIVERS
Wes Welker, NE WR
Steve Johnson, Buf WR
Jared Cook, Ten TE
Eric Decker, Den WR
Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
Randall Cobb, GB WR
TEAM D/ST
Seahawks D/ST D/ST
KICKERS
Mason Crosby, GB K
I'd definitely accept Welker, Sproles, and Morris for Roddy, D-Jax, and Bowe. Better proposition than the first initial offer. Sell Morris high now. Welker should be fine, but some inside the football world do believe NE is phasing him out courtesy of Bill and McDaniels. Lloyd should cook this year in that case.

Board bet, CJ Spiller will be a top 4 fantasy running this year.
I like Spiller but can't see that. Foster, Rice, and Shady the clear top-3 for everybody. After that, I don't see C.J. outperforming AP, Forte, DMC, CJ2K, Charles, etc. Murray another possibility. Top-10 is possible (RB) but still difficult.

Why did I draft Fred Jackson :smh: :smh:
Because he's a machine in PPR formats and a key to Buffalo's 5-2 start in 2011-2012. No one had any idea he would get severely injured W1. Although you could have softened the blow with a Spiller handcuff, which I've urged constantly preseason. Same with Tate for Foster.

I need help!

I have Demarco Murray and Adrian Peterson starting this week. I'm thinking about benching one of them for CJ Spiller.

Good move? or no?
I'd bench Murray for Spiller. Seattle a different animal defensively at home. Dallas known to be inconsistent offensively.

I am really hoping tomorrow is a shootout between the bears and packers. The new schedule of thursday night football makes it even harder to pick who you gotta start for the week.
Greg Jennings is doubtful so everyone pull him from your starting lineup. Maclin seems to be the same for Sunday.

I see a shootout, GB 38 CHI 34. GB's defense is vulnerable forcing Rodgers to keep the Packers in the game at Lambeau through the air. Cobb, Jordy, and Finley should feast.

what QB to start?

Stafford @ San Francisco
RG3 @ St. Louis
Matt Ryan @ Denver

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't start RG3 considering everyone is hot off his W1 performance against a putrid NO DEF. Garcon has a foot injury. He doesn't run as well as Cam. Fisher has STL improved defensively.

That leaves Stafford or Matty Ice. Stafford is usually a must-start even after the multiple INT performance against STL. But SF is the one defensive match-up that is challenging. Aldon could rack up a sack or two. Niners' pressure could force Stafford into bad throws and potential picks. I'd go with Matty Ice. Even if Champ locks down Julio or Roddy, Gonzalez can still go off. Tracy Porter is solid but the other ATL receiver must take advantage of being free from Champ.

My choice is Matty Ice, Stafford, RG3 in that order.

da heck is up with Titus young? is he worth keeping on my roster or what fam?
Long-term, yes. He has maturity issues and gets flagged for ridiculous penalties. Janoris had him frustrated W1. However, as defenses shade coverage towards Megatron, Pettigrew and Titus Young should benefit. Be patient.

Who should I start this week, Kevin Ogletree @ Sea, Randall Cobb or Alshon Jeffery @ GB? I'm thinking Ogletree but then again he can't have 2 spectacular games in a row.
Cobb, Jeffery, Ogletree in that order. Cobb has a ST advantage in the return game. Jennings is doubtful and Rodgers will look his way often. McCarthy wants to get the former Kentucky man the football at every opportunity for explosive plays.

Any value in Kevin Kolb or Matt Hasselbeck?
Even with Fitz, I can't seriously encourage anyone to own Kolb as a backup Q. Hasselbeck, sure. He's a savvy veteran that can still play. Locker's shoulder could be an issue even though he says he's ready to play against SD. If you need a QB immediately for W2, Kolb only because Skelton is injured. Long-term though, I think Hasselbeck regains the starting job under Munchak.

Lineup help? I'm really struggling with what to do with my flex among other things
4ixysg.png

Now that Dwyer missed practice, I'm on the fence with my flex spot. Thinking about swapping in Benson or waiting until Sunday to see if I should just roll with him or switch in Torrey Smith. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom