2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

YoungTriz: Is there a trade offer from another manager on the table, or are you considering to reach down the board for Megatron at #2 overall? If it's the second scenario, the only plausible consideration for Calvin at #2 is in PPR leagues. Otherwise I'd strictly stick with Rice, Foster, or Rodgers in the opening two picks of the Draft.

cityofsavages: My honest opinion is that your receivers and TE are strong, but you need to upgrade both RB positions badly. Helu's value is hurt by Shanny's preference for RBBC. You might have caught a break though, with Royster and Hightower battling injuries. Pierre Thomas is in a similar RBBC situation in NO. Sproles takes catches away, Ingram takes carries particularly in the goal-line. I like Thomas more as a backup RB3 on the bench, not starting as a RB2.

You didn't post your bench but try picking up Ryan Williams, Donald Brown, C.J. Spiller, or Shane Vereen for RB depth. You'll need it over the course of a full season.

Jerseyjz: I think I get what you're trying to say about receivers in Fantasy Football, but Megatron is a top-7 lock hands down. Even higher in PPR leagues, and Welker sneaks into the late-first or early-second region for PPR leagues.

Kc246888: You have to take a QB at #7 when passing TDs are worth 6 points as opposed to the standard 4. Hopefully Brees is there. If not, strongly consider Matty Stafford or Cam. You could take a RB at #7 if Brees is off the board and wait to take your QB at #14, but you honestly risk missing Stafford or Cam in a QB-heavy league. RBs to target at #14: You mentioned CJ2K. If he's available that late, scoop him there. No brainer. I'm huge on Forte this year if Johnson's off the board. Little early for Peterson at #14 with the injury concerns and limited carries to start the season. DMC is a bit injury prone so I'd stay away despite his fantasy potential. Not trustworthy enough for my taste in a RB1. Since it is a PPR league after all, you should be extremely happy if Forte falls to your lap at #14. Strong RB1 in PPR formats. But handcuff with Michael Bush later in the draft.

RetroBaller: That's honestly a good squad. I don't think Alex Smith is even worth a roster spot. Play the FA pool for Brees' bye week. Britt has nagging injuries and a potential looming suspension for off-the-field behavior. Try upgrading your WR3. Could package Britt with Stewart for an improvement at WR3.

FlyerThanDelta: Depends on how deep your league is, how many teams? Cobb is a sleeper WR pick but only in 12+ team leagues. I'd hold onto Celek as a backup. Who's your TE starter? If you can risk it, Cobb will be a gamble but could pay dividends based on how Rodgers spreads the football in GB.

fraij: Based on auto-pick, Brady and Gronk connection is money. But Miles is fragile. Could have given you a better RB2 in the sixth-round and a better WR3 in the seventh. Honestly prefer Lance Moore and Titus Young to Mike Williams this year.

IMASOLEMAN18: I co-sign that easily. Collie unfortunately has a long history of head injuries. Rice could have a surprise year if Russell continues to ball out at QB.

SneakerHeathen: I got MJD in the third-round right after the potential trade speculation leaked. Paired him with Forte, I'm a happy man to say the least. I don't know if the CJ2K comparisons to MJD's holdout are fair or accurate, completely different running styles. MJD relies on pure power and pounding the football while keeping his strong legs churning. I wouldn't imagine it takes him that long to get into form even without a camp.

ii Flash ii: Great value with MJD in the third as I just said to SneakerHeathen. Megatron at #4 over Rodgers though? Might have reconsidered that. Must be a PPR league, right?

Nickthestick: You have a good chance to win the league, my man. Only nitpick is RB2 and WR3. McGahee isn't the greatest RB2 option in a 10-team format. Know Blackmon is technically on the bench but he's a wildcard with Gabbert at the helm.

midwest: You're going to have trouble deciding between starting Romo and Rivers throughout the season. Could have lived with just one of them as your starting QB. Receivers strong. Upgrade your RB. Will Bush replicate last season? Probably not. Will Willis? Probably not. Use Stevie as trade bait for a better RB2. Could package with Bush.

JordanShorts: Only weakness once again is RB2. People forget that in non-PPR leagues, outside having an elite QB, RBs win fantasy championships. Smith will start temporarily until Best and Leshoure's health issues are amended. Wilson is only insurance for Bradshaw at the moment. Spiller is a great handcuff to Jackson (which you don't have).

MFTIOA: Loving the team, especially your starters. Elite RB combination. I trust Young as a WR3. Could upgrade the bench a bit, but that's nitpicking.

acidicality: RG3 has the better arm and deep-ball accuracy than Cam, but for fantasy he doesn't run like him. RG3 won't sniff 14 rushing TDs. Only QBs that have a chance at double-digit rushing TDs is Cam, MV7 (if he plays all 16), and Tebow (wildcat and goal-line situations).

koreanballa: Is it PPR? I'm favoring the RG3 and Graham combination. RG3 runs better than Luck, and should hit the deep-ball combination to Garcon. Charles is explosive but Graham is ranked higher on the board. Especially in PPR.

Nickthestick: You have a good chance to win the league, my man. Only nitpick is RB2 and WR3. McGahee isn't the greatest RB2 option in a 10-team format. Know Blackmon is technically on the bench but he's a wildcard with Gabbert at the helm.
I agree with you on McGahee. My draft went Rice (2), Jennings (19), Gronk (22), Romo (39), Bryant (42), Gates (59), McGahee (62). I wanted to go for another RB when I grabbed Dez Bryant at 42, but at that point most teams already had both of their RBs filled up so I opted to wait a little bit since the RB pool was gonna be relatively stagnant for a while. I think only 1 or 2 went until I ended up grabbing McGahee. I really like Leshoure, got him in the last round. I'm hoping he'll take over for Kevin Smith when his suspension is up (I don't see Best playing at all this season). I'm also kinda hoping that Forte gets injured again so I can start Michael Bush :lol:. I'm not too worried about Blackmon though. Him and Gabbert have been really good together so far in the preseason and I'm really only gonna be using him as a bye week fill in so I think he'll do ok there.

Last edited:
Steve Smith is on crutches at Panthers camp nursing his left foot infection.
We should note that ESPN's Chris Mortensen referred to it as a "staph infection" on Thursday night's NFL 32. Coach Ron Rivera acknowledged Smith would be listed as "out" if there were a regular season game today. The Panthers are treating the infection with antibiotics and "monitoring" the swelling. We're not worrying yet, but this looks like a situation worth tracking.

Only QBs that have a chance at double-digit rushing TDs is Cam, MV7 (if he plays all 16), and Tebow (wildcat and goal-line situations).

I think there is an outside shot for Locker to get there.

I think there is an outside shot for Locker to get there.

Imagine if Rodgers ran for ~8 TDs? :x

It's unlikely especially with Ced Benson reportedly having a strong camp thus far (he's actually shaping up to be a solid fantasy RB3/Flex), but not outside the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
Got the #6 pick in my $ league tonight, so tempted to take Calvin Johnson , but also considering Brees. I'm sure 1 of them will drop to me. Scared that Calvin is madden cover athlete though

one thing people need to remember when posting their teams for review...

we can't assess 'em at ALL without knowing your scoring format. so just keep that in mind people.

that also goes for "who should I draft" questions as well. can't tell you because I don't know how your league scores brahs.

Whats J Grahams ADP, just out of curiosity?

My draft is next Sunday bwt
pimp.gif

Oh ok, I'm going to snag him at 17 - doesn't seem like much of a reach to me. Don't think he'll make it down to 24

^ If you want someone bad enough, get them asap, dont wait. I let Antonio Brown slip by me in both of my drafts so far this year smh.

Nickthestick91: Gronk in the third-round at #22 overall is a steal based on pure value. I'm not big on going TEs early but you can't pass on that chance and production. Icing on the cake would be if you had Brady at QB. I definitely would have taken a RB at #42 instead of Dez, but I suppose you can't ignore the Romo to Bryant connection. Dez will have even better numbers if Miles is hampered by his hammy again. If you went RB #42, you could have taken a receiver at #59 or #62 like Lloyd, A. Brown, or DeSean.

SneakerHeathen: Smith's value is down anyway. No one expects him or Cam to put up quite the same passing/receiving numbers as last year's surprise.

That's one slight aspect people sleep on, Rodgers' running ability. I think owners are happy if he even adds 6+ rushing TDs as a bonus on top of the monstrous passing numbers.

651akaPaul: Won't argue that, but will he start the whole season at QB? Everyone seems buzzed and hyped off Locker's preseason performance yesterday but if CJ2K runs well and Britt comes back full strength, that's a weak division. My point being after Houston, if Tennessee is still competitive and Locker struggles, Munchak will have a quick plug for Hasselbeck who is a proven veteran with legitimate and valuable experience for being in a playoff hunt.

GoldenTicket21: I would personally go Megatron at #6 over Brees especially if your league is PPR and not 6-points per passing TD. You could probably get Stafford or Cam in the second if you want a QB early that badly. Brees is just not the same QB without Payton roaming the sidelines, it will show slightly. Plus you can only go down from #1 fantasy player of last year (2011-2012). Are you considering CJ2K at all?

CHECKS Grossman: Do you want Jimmy badly in the second-round to pair with Brees in the first? His value and ADP is significantly higher in PPR leagues, by the way. Just over Gronk in terms of TE in PPR formats. It's unlikely Graham lasts until #24, but do you really prefer him over a second-round RB at #17?

^ If you want someone bad enough, get them asap, dont wait. I let Antonio Brown slip by me in both of my drafts so far this year smh.
:lol: I'm laughing because as much as I've been hyping A. Brown on NT this summer, I managed to let him slip in my hometown PPR league. Went Mac9 a round earlier (bit of a reach admittedly as an Eagles fan) when my hunch was to nab Brown at that spot. Next round Antonio was gone two or three picks before me. Mistake. My WR corps ended up being Jennings, Lloyd, and Maclin.

@ChampCruThik

Scoring is this in my league for QB/RB/WR:
SCORING
Passing
Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1 TD Pass (PTD) 4
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2 2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
Rushing
Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 1 TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2
Receiving
Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1 Each reception (REC) 1
TD Reception (RETD) 6 2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2

I'm leaning towards Megatron, but him being on the cover of Madden is scary. I would love the combo of Megatron and Stafford , but Stafford is all of a sudden a top 10 pick ADP. So I was thinking of Brees and Graham combo, but that would be a risk to hope Graham came back around to me. Not considering CJ2K at all, I already have him in 1 league, can't afford him to have another bad year and have him in 2 leagues.

EDIT:
NEVERMIND, lol. Arian Foster slid to me at #6 and I took him. So didnt even matter.

Last edited:
Goodness me, how on Earth did that happen. Hope you handcuffed Arian with Tate though. Rodgers, Rice, Shady, Brady, Megatron? You took Foster. I'm guessing Brees seventh then.

Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to get Ben Tate he went #60 (last pick round 5) and I had pick #67.
We are in round 10 currently out of 16.
1st round went like this:
Aaron Rodgers
Ray Rice
Tom Brady
Lasean Mccoy
Drew Brees
Arian Foster (Me)
Maurice Jones-Drew
Calvin Johnson
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Darren McFadden
Adrian Peterson

So I'm contemplating joining a league of 11.  Only problem is they've already picked the draft order so I'd have to take the last pick.  Would you all join a league knowing going in that you had the last pick?  I think I can swing it but my brother (who's co-sponsoring my entry fee) thinks I shouldn't.

Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to get Ben Tate he went #60 (last pick round 5) and I had pick #67.
We are in round 10 currently out of 16.
1st round went like this:
Aaron Rodgers
Ray Rice
Tom Brady
Lasean Mccoy
Drew Brees
Arian Foster (Me)
Maurice Jones-Drew
Calvin Johnson
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Darren McFadden
Adrian Peterson
Well done to have Foster fall into your lap. Somebody reached for MJD in Round 1. I was saying he's great value in R3 but certainly not seventh overall. Over Megatron and CJ2K? Come on, man.

So I'm contemplating joining a league of 11.  Only problem is they've already picked the draft order so I'd have to take the last pick.  Would you all join a league knowing going in that you had the last pick?  I think I can swing it but my brother (who's co-sponsoring my entry fee) thinks I shouldn't.
Yes, but you have to hit on your back-to-backs. Especially in the first five to six rounds. Wait for TE, DEF, and K. Get your starting QB, two RBs, and three WRs in the first six rounds. Is it PPR and how many points for passing TDs?

ok finished my draft tonight. this is a 10 team standard league.

qb: Matt Stafford
rb: lesean Mccoy
rb: Darren Mcfadden
wr: Brandon Marshall
wr: Dez Bryant
r/w/t: Doug Martin
te: Brandon Pettigrew
d/st: Eagles
K: Garret Hartley
Bench:
Josh Freeman
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Kevin Smith
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Randall Cobb

looking back i drafted aloooot of backup wrs cuz i went rb heavy early on

michael0360: Honestly wouldn't change a thing. If I had to nitpick on something, maybe package Dez with one of your bench RBs/WRs to get an elite WR2 to pair with B. Marsh. Something like Dez and Wayne for Jennings, Julio, or Welker.

So in my work league which gives 6 points per touch pass and 300 yard bonuses, everyone stole my tragedy from last year and the top 5 picks were Quarterbacks and Megatron.

I had the 7th pick and ended up with Ray Rice which I'm happy with but I don't feel comfortable without an elite QB.

After arguing about Matt Ryan two or three pages ago he's my starter :smh:

He better cook.

Am I the only person really high on DMC like even if he misses two or three games I think he will lead the all RB in PPG. I had him last year and got him in the 3rd round. I'm pretty pumped about it.

So in my work league which gives 6 points per touch pass and 300 yard bonuses, everyone stole my tragedy from last year and the top 5 picks were Quarterbacks and Megatron.
I had the 7th pick and ended up with Ray Rice which I'm happy with but I don't feel comfortable without an elite QB.
After arguing about Matt Ryan two or three pages ago he's my starter :smh:
He better cook..

:lol:

^^ i feel the same way about DMC i think his potential is as high / better than any rb in the league.
if he misses a few games and is tops in PPG im fine with that just dnt sleep on a backup rb for him

^^ i feel the same way about DMC i think his potential is as high / better than any rb in the league.
if he misses a few games and is tops in PPG im fine with that just dnt sleep on a backup rb for him

This may sound crazy but when I watch him I think next to Adrian Peterson he's the best RB in the league when healthy. I seriously think he can go to the house with every touch.

I can't believe he was there in the third round.

And Sneakerheathen, man I pray you are right about Ryan because if he shows up with 4300 yds and 35tds I win my league easy.

Just drafted in a 10man league and i got the 5th pick. 

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Peyton Hillis, Beanie Wells

WR: Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Steve Johnson, Austin Collie, Titus Young, Anquan Boldin

TE: Jimmy Graham

btw, its a 1PPR league. 

What do you guys think? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom