2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Man if Peyton, DMC, and AP all stay healthy.. I think my team will be solid. The Peyton/Decker connection could be lethal for me, but it all depends on Peyton.

Also, whats the thoughts on Rashad Jennings? I see David Wilson is still on the wire in my league.. should I drop Jennings for Wilson?

you guys ever play in a league where the flex includes qb? i'm in a 12 team league no ppr was just wondering what strategy you guys would take, knowing that the flex is expanded to a qb

I'm stuck. Between T.Y. Hilton and Lavon Brazill I KNOW one of them will have a big year for the Colts. I'm just torn on which one.

you guys ever play in a league where the flex includes qb? i'm in a 12 team league no ppr was just wondering what strategy you guys would take, knowing that the flex is expanded to a qb
no hesitation!

you put a QB in that slot. 

no ppr? DEFINITELY A QB!

Got a question.. for Waiver wire priority... if I drop someone to pick up another one up now will I lose my #1 priority?

what if it's just someone left on the waiver wire for not being drafted? then it wouldn't right..(i'm pretty sure u just said that, just need clarification lol)

what if it's just someone left on the waiver wire for not being drafted? then it wouldn't right..(i'm pretty sure u just said that, just need clarification lol)
They should show up as a FA (Free Agent obviously) to not affect your waiver status.

Seems like there are still quite a few NTers looking for a league, if I can garner enough interest, I'd like to start a "big-money league", $100 buy in, 12 team PPR. Possibly a 2 QB league....I dunno...
I'm already "commishing" a free NT league, but if people are serious about a competitive league I can start a NT Yahoo (or ESPN) money league and manage the buy-ins through leaguesafe.com for everyones protection.
Let me know, if enough people like they idea I'll start up a thread, we'd have to do the draft within the next 10 days preferably (before the regular season starts).

im in as well but 1 qb would be much better. might want to lower the buy in. might be trouble finding people at teh 100 mark

Last edited:
Never said it was a death sentence, obviously random draft orders is out of every manager's control. Just pointing out the fact we must all accept, picking last (either 10th or 12th) means no elite Foster, Rice, Shady, Megatron, Rodgers, or Brady. More flexibility to reach for the exact targeted players you want. But you must hit when doubling up, especially early (rounds 1 through 5).

Agreed 100%. With that said, what's your thoughts on my draft last night?

Quarterback
Peyton Manning (4)
Andy Dalton

Running Backs
Matt Forte (2)
Darren McFadden (1)
Donald Brown (8)
Pierre Thomas
Kendall Hunter

Wide Receivers
Steve Smith (3)
Steve Johnson (5)
Pierre Garcon (7)
Darrius Heyward Bey
Jon Baldwin
Alshon Jeffery

Tight Ends
Jermichael Finley (6)
Tony Moeaki

Kicker
Matt Prater

D/ST
Giants

Picked 12/12...took some risks. Gambled on Peyton, Darren staying healthy for the majority of the season.

Last edited:
Wes: Could have gotten a better QB2. Should have went QB1 earlier before you even took Eli. Two QB leagues force managers to draft QBs R1/R2. At least you got the Fitz to Stevie connection though. Start Wayne at first until Blackmon shows production with Gabbert. Rare two TE league. Moeaki could provide surprising value. Had a stellar rookie season pre-injury. Drop Hanson and Arizona D for a RB and WR. You need depth on your bench.

Thanks man. I actually missed the first two trying to hurry up and get home. Computer drafter Rice and Richardson for me. So I got pretty lucky with that. After that Eli was my first pick then I think I started drafting WRs
Trying to grab Stevan Ridely and Santana Moss now.

Quick question though, since I only have one defense now, what happens when they have their bye week? Do I just miss out on the points from them or what?

This is probably the majority of my projected lineup. Picking 7th in a league of 12. Any thoughts?

QB: P. Rivers
RB: J. Charles
RB: S. Jackson
WR: C. Johnson
WR: V. Jackson
TE: V. Davis

Thanks man. I actually missed the first two trying to hurry up and get home. Computer drafter Rice and Richardson for me. So I got pretty lucky with that. After that Eli was my first pick then I think I started drafting WRs
Trying to grab Stevan Ridely and Santana Moss now.
Quick question though, since I only have one defense now, what happens when they have their bye week? Do I just miss out on the points from them or what?
Just pick up a defense on waivers that week.

Also, whats the thoughts on Rashad Jennings? I see David Wilson is still on the wire in my league.. should I drop Jennings for Wilson?

Go for it! i may draft dude myself if i get the chance to pick him. Since Mojo wants out of Jacksonville, that would leave Rashad as the starter.

^MJD ain't leaving Jacksonville. Son can't trade himself. Plus he'll be playing come Week 1. He's not missing any of those game checks. :lol:

However, Jennings has looked solid so far and there's no telling what type of football shape MJD is in. He could have a Chris Johnson like season, where his production (still rushed for 1,200 yds) drops off from what we expect of him. But Bradshaw's running style doesn't let him stay fully healthy and now that Jacobs is gone, owning David Wilson is not a bad idea.

I can't call it, but maybe me thinking out loud helps some.

^the word is Mojo will hold out into the season. maybe like 2-3 games, 3 at most. Plus, i did read somewhere that a team from the AFC west has interest in him. i dont know which team it is. Personally, i think its BS but whatever :lol:

got a draft in 10 minutes
pimp.gif
picking 7th of 12
sick.gif
hate hate hate the middle picks.. like top or bottom 3
tongue.gif

^the word is Mojo will hold out into the season. maybe like 2-3 games, 3 at most. Plus, i did read somewhere that a team from the AFC west has interest in him. i dont know which team it is. Personally, i think its BS but whatever :lol:

Honestly, MJD has zero leverage. He knows it. Jags know and they're calling his bluff. He's going to miss games now? I call shenanigans.

[table][/table]
Starting lineup for our first squad, whatchu think?

QB:Brady

RB:Helu

RB:tongue:ierre Thomas

WR:Julio Jones

WR:Cruz

TE:A.Gates

FLEX:Gaffney

LB:N.Bowman

LB:C.Matthews

D/ST:Eagles

K:Henery

Last edited:
Ok guys I'm in a 10 team ppr with 6 points for pass td.  I'm thinking I'll probably go Brees at 7 and then a rb at 14.  Any thoughts on who you guys like at rb after Forte, CJ2k, DMAC?  I kinda like Sproles, MJD, Charles, Murray.  I don't think AP will be there but I welcome any opinions.  I'm starting to reconsider picking a QB first because to me there is such a dropoff at RB and nobody expects those guys to fall to me at 14.  I would be willing to settle for Staff or Newton in the second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom