2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

^ Thanks Champ i totally agree on both points
No problem, man. I would try to move Dre for someone like Brandon Marshall. See a huge year for him in Chicago reconnecting with Cutler. Even Dre for Julio would be beneficial for you.

Will share with you guys. Not content with the team I just drafted in a NT 12-team PPR, 6-points per passing TD keeper league. Would personally rate 6-6.5/10 on the scale.

QB - Brady
WR - Welker
WR - Marshall
WR - Colston
RB - Gore
RB - Kevin Smith
W/R - DeSean
TE - Rudolph
DEF - Jets
K - Gould

BN - Beanie
BN - Britt
BN - Michael Bush
BN - Helu
BN - Sid Rice
BN - Blount

Continued to go BPA which ended up being WR instead of solidifying RB1 and RB2. Gore I can get away with, but Smith likely won't start the whole season with Leshoure and Best in the picture. Beanie may split with Ry Williams and doesn't catch the football. Michael Bush could be valuable if Forte goes down with a knock. Fully planning to utilize Colston and DeSean as trade bait for RB1s/RB2s.

JordanShorts: Only weakness once again is RB2. People forget that in non-PPR leagues, outside having an elite QB, RBs win fantasy championships. Smith will start temporarily until Best and Leshoure's health issues are amended. Wilson is only insurance for Bradshaw at the moment. Spiller is a great handcuff to Jackson (which you don't have).

now that i let it sit , you may be right , because i had mccoy as my rb1 , i expect production and a half ....so i went upside with 4 rb's in ingram/wilson/spiller/smith .

assuming i hit with 1 of those guy's ...

i did 2 qb thing with romo/vick and i wanna if anyone's had success with this? 

this is my first year doing fantasy football. im in a 12 team league and i had the 7th pick.

i was hoping to get some feedback . how did i do?

QB - brees
RB - green-ellis
RB - steven jackson
WR - garcon
WR - julio jones
WR - maclin
TE - finley
DST - texans
K - bryant

BENCH
QB - roethlisberger
RB - reggie bush
WR - moss
TE - rudolph
K - prater (auto draft lol)

QB Jake Locker
RB Arian Foster
RB Doug Martin
WR Julio Jones
WR A.J. Green
TE Fred Davis
OP Dez Bryant
K Garrett Hartley
BE Trent Richardson
BE Titus Young
BE Denarius Moore
BE Michael Bush
BE Ronnie Hillman
BE Brandon Weeden
BE John Skelton

12 team PPR, who should I trade for a QB or just see how Locker does week 1?

Will share with you guys. Not content with the team I just drafted in a NT 12-team PPR, 6-points per passing TD keeper league. Would personally rate 6-6.5/10 on the scale.
QB - Brady
WR - Welker
WR - Marshall
WR - Colston
RB - Gore
RB - Kevin Smith
W/R - DeSean
TE - Rudolph
DEF - Jets
K - Gould
BN - Beanie
BN - Britt
BN - Michael Bush
BN - Helu
BN - Sid Rice
BN - Blount
Continued to go BPA which ended up being WR instead of solidifying RB1 and RB2. Gore I can get away with, but Smith likely won't start the whole season with Leshoure and Best in the picture. Beanie may split with Ry Williams and doesn't catch the football. Michael Bush could be valuable if Forte goes down with a knock. Fully planning to utilize Colston and DeSean as trade bait for RB1s/RB2s.
assuming u got brady in the first , idk if theres anyone i would get with the 2nd? 

is welkers going that high in ppr's?

im hear graham aint slipping past 12 in ppr's

overall im assuming you stole helu in the later rounds , and if britt can stay on the field thats another good pick up.

beanie is suppose to be healthy so the rb depth is there , and blount could have some good games aswell if martin doesnt pan out.

rb 1 and 2 seems to be your weakest position

marshall is a very underrated pick up , dude is a work horse with the receptions.. pretty sure he broke t.o's record

overall 7/10 with definite upside

this is my first year doing fantasy football. im in a 12 team league and i had the 7th pick.
i was hoping to get some feedback . how did i do?
QB - brees
RB - green-ellis
RB - steven jackson
WR - garcon
WR - julio jones
WR - maclin
TE - finley
DST - texans
K - bryant
BENCH
QB - roethlisberger
RB - reggie bush
WR - moss
TE - rudolph
K - prater (auto draft lol)
reggie bush is a solid flex , A1 qb ....and i think julio is going to ball ....you made 2 picks at rb that would be considered boring ....but those kinda picks tend to give you

the last laugh....green ellis should see production improvement and steven jackson can still catch out the backfield...very solid 1st draft

I wanted to join a 2nd money league so I went ahead and joined one of those $20 Yahoo leagues.

We had our draft last night and this is what I ended up with:

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - AJ Green
WR - Jordy Nelson
TE - Aaron Hernandez
K - David Akers
DEF - Chicago Bears

Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - David Wilson
RB - Shonne Greene
WR - Alshon Jeffrey
WR - Michael Crabtree
WR - Titus Young
TE - Jacob Tamme

I really like my starters. QB is my weakness, I don't like Romo, wanted Vick or Peyton and they were both picked right before me. If McFadden stay healthy, he will be a great RB1, the league isn't PPR but I still think Sproles can be a decent RB2. Don't really like Shonne Greene but David Wilson has potential. My WR's are stacked, may try to move one of them with Romo or Cutler and try to upgrade my QB spot. I wanted Aaron Henandez as my TE and got him. I think he will be even more of a major focal point on NE's offense this season. Akers is legit. And the Bears as my defense is meh.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!

JordanShorts23: Don't get me wrong, your RB depth is great. Spiller will get touches and great insurance in case of a Jackson injury like last season. Same with Wilson for Bradshaw. Strong preseason for the former Hokie. Now I'm in the same boat as you, K. Smith is my RB2 behind Gore. Weak, I know. Going to hope Smith can at least rack up receptions (PPR) on check-downs.

The whole dual QB, Vick and Romo for example, is extremely beneficial in case of injury but also the bye week. The two negatives are you create a difficult decision each week on who to start, and you end up kicking yourself if you pick the wrong player (QB). Secondly, it's technically wasted value to go two QBs of that quality so high. Usually leaves you vulnerable at RB or WR in terms of depth and bench quality. But in fairness, you have to compliment MV7 with a legitimate backup because of the constant injury worries.

Thank you for the feedback on my 12-team draft, brotha. I actually went Marshall second-round. Reach, I know. Foresee a monster year for B. Marsh with Cutler. Other option considered was MJD, but not quote enough value mid-second. Third-round would be no brainer. Truth is I probably should have taken Marshawn Lynch. Don't love him in PPR formats. Welker fell to me in the third-round which I consider a gift in PPR (122 receptions last season). I'd be happy with 100 in 2012-2013. Paired with Brady, even better. He's ranked #4 on ESPN's overall PPR board. I've seen him go as high as late-first to mid-second.

You are absolutely right about RB1 and RB2. I was actually distraught during the draft about my poor RB quality. Gore is more of a strong RB2, not a RB1 like in my case. Helu's value is burdened by Shanny's preference for RBBC, but Hightower and Royster are battling injuries and Helu's value was too high very late to pass on. I think Bush could play a factor for me if Forte goes down. I'm hoping Britt can get on the field injury-free and suspension-free. More of a trade bait figure. I'm worried Beanie will split with Ry Williams.

FilthyRich: Good first draft, man. You'll get even better with time and experience. I'd actually keep Prater at K over Bryant by a slight margin. Either way, drop one of those Ks for another RB or WR.

CruThik3: World-class starting WR combination. Lots of RB depth, both smart and lucky to have Martin until Trent is fully healthy. Young and Bush excellent bench options in case of injury or bye week. I wouldn't hold both Weeden and Skelton, pick one. Probably Skelton if he gets the starting job over Kolb purely because of Fitz and Floyd. Now on to the major flaw, your starting QB. Locker could be a decent fantasy QB option because of the running ability, but try moving pieces for a more sure and elite QB. A Rivers or Matty Ice-type. Shouldn't be too costly.

JordanXI45: Just to confirm, those Yahoo money leagues are all 10-teams, right? Bears D is not "meh." Second best on my board after SF. Houston close third. Sproles is more valuable in PPR formats but still a strong RB2 option in standard leagues. Your receiving corps is easily the strongest position. You're fine with Romo and Cutler at QB, by the way. Romo is a very good fantasy QB assuming Dez and Miles stay healthy. MV7 is boom-or-bust, I'm tired of the injuries. Too much risk with money involved. Peyton is also a wildcard because we don't know what to expect after neck surgery. If all else fails with Tony Romo, Cutler will ball out with Marshall and Jeffery in a modest division defensively.

Too lazy to type out names but this is my fantasy team for my work league. $50 buy in.

I got Jamal Charles in the 8th round which was a steal. No one took him and I couldnt believe it when I saw it. I had the 9th pick. This money should be mine if all goes well.

Wait a minute.... 2 Qbs?
mean.gif
 Who does this?

I DESPISE 2 TE leagues

Last edited:
^ Two TE league? That's rare. Word of advice for the future. You have to QB first or second-round in a two QB league. Best chance to win is if you have Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Cam, or Stafford as your QB1. Cutler and Fitzpatrick may not be enough to get the job done. I'm assuming passing TDs are 4-points, or 6? Think you waited too long to address the QB position. Loaded on RBs and WRs though. CJ2K and Foster are elite as it gets. Cutler is suitable as a QB2 because I do believe Marshall and Jeffery will do his numbers well. Package a moderate RB2/3 and moderate WR2/3 for someone like Romo, Eli, Peyton, Rivers, Vick, or Ryan.

Can't believe you got Charles that late, he's a consensus top-25 fantasy player regardless of format or scoring.

I wanted to join a 2nd money league so I went ahead and joined one of those $20 Yahoo leagues.
We had our draft last night and this is what I ended up with:
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Darren Sproles
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - AJ Green
WR - Jordy Nelson
TE - Aaron Hernandez
K - David Akers
DEF - Chicago Bears
Bench -
QB - Jay Cutler
RB - David Wilson
RB - Shonne Greene
WR - Alshon Jeffrey
WR - Michael Crabtree
WR - Titus Young
TE - Jacob Tamme
I really like my starters. QB is my weakness, I don't like Romo, wanted Vick or Peyton and they were both picked right before me. If McFadden stay healthy, he will be a great RB1, the league isn't PPR but I still think Sproles can be a decent RB2. Don't really like Shonne Greene but David Wilson has potential. My WR's are stacked, may try to move one of them with Romo or Cutler and try to upgrade my QB spot. I wanted Aaron Henandez as my TE and got him. I think he will be even more of a major focal point on NE's offense this season. Akers is legit. And the Bears as my defense is meh.
What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!
roll.gif

dude thank your lucky marbles , your gonna get 4,400 yards and 30+ td's if that dude is healthy as opposed to the 4,600 and 35+ td's you would get from brady/brees/rodgers

and it didn't cost u a first rounder , odds are you snatched romo in the 4/5/6th , very solid IMO

Anybody that wants in on the NT PPR 12-team Dynasty league, we have a last minute opening, draft is at 11 eastern tonight. Draft order will be automatically determined an hour prior to draft.

Please leave e-mail so I can send out the invite.

Thanks.

Just a couple quick updates for those drafting tonight/tomorrow. Food for thought....

Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed following Saturday night's preseason game that Alfred Morris is squarely in the hunt for the ********' Week 1 starting running back job.
Morris is averaging five yards per preseason carry. But most importantly, he's stayed upright and healthy while Roy Helu (Achilles' tendons) and Evan Royster (knees) have succumbed to injury. Tim Hightower continues to recover from last year's ACL tear. "Said this from day one, we're gonna play the best players," said Shanahan. "(Morris) may be the lonely soldier. He did play well."

Kevin Smith exited Saturday night's preseason game with a right ankle injury.
Smith slammed his helmet on the sideline in frustration. It's the same ankle Smith injured late last season, and a definite concern entering the biggest week for fantasy football drafts of the preseason. Smith has looked very sharp all August, but his durability concerns don't appear to be going away. Mikel Leshoure was thoroughly ineffective in Saturday night's game, playing 18 snaps. Leshoure gained one yard on five rushing attempts.

12 team league ppr
I'm working on trades to get maclin, and brown to strengthen my WR.
Not Sure about Rivers, I've been offered Rivers for Romo?

^ Two TE league? That's rare. Word of advice for the future. You have to QB first or second-round in a two QB league. Best chance to win is if you have Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Cam, or Stafford as your QB1. Cutler and Fitzpatrick may not be enough to get the job done. I'm assuming passing TDs are 4-points, or 6? Think you waited too long to address the QB position. Loaded on RBs and WRs though. CJ2K and Foster are elite as it gets. Cutler is suitable as a QB2 because I do believe Marshall and Jeffery will do his numbers well. Package a moderate RB2/3 and moderate WR2/3 for someone like Romo, Eli, Peyton, Rivers, Vick, or Ryan.

Can't believe you got Charles that late, he's a consensus top-25 fantasy player regardless of format or scoring.
I've been in two 2TE leagues before it is horrible.

Yeah this was my fault I figured that it would be a base league with one league so I followed my go too format of going two RBs two WRs and then QB and placed no importance on a backup cause my first pick will be playing most of the games anyways unless there are crippling matchups. I still think I'm going to be ok though other people did a bunch of stupid stuff. I got foster with the 10th pick and Charles in the 8th round, my coworkers say they do this every year but IDK. Someone took Ryan in the 1st round..... I was shocked.

Sequan: I would drop Hill, Bennett, or Palmer for another RB on the bench. Not quite enough RB depth. That proposed offer between Rivers and Romo is extremely close. I honestly like both based on mid-round value for a starting QB. I have Romo ranked slightly higher on my QB board than Rivers. Pending largely on Dez, Miles, and Witten staying healthy. Rivers had way too many turnovers last year but I see him bouncing back. Could start slow without Matthews. Gates must stay on the field. Takes time getting used to Meach and Royal. Long story short, take the offer. Romo is better than Rivers for fantasy.

Antidope: I thought Foster lasting until #6 overall was bad, but tenth? :wow: Good for you, man. Charles that late is more than money. You'll be fine. Just try shopping for a QB1 or QB2 instead of Fitzpatrick.

No problem, man. I would try to move Dre for someone like Brandon Marshall. See a huge year for him in Chicago reconnecting with Cutler. Even Dre for Julio would be beneficial for you.
I would but B-Marsh and Julio were selected before Dre

Just got back from doing my live draft. 12-team PPR league(QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/T, W/R, K, DEF); 4 pts for TD passes; Drafted #2

QB: Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker
RB: Ray RIce, Darren Sproles, Trent Richardson, Stevan Ridley, Jacquizz Rodgers, Pierre Thomas
WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Torrey Smith, Darius Heyward-Bey
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Buffalo

what do you guys think? I'm definitely weak at QB. I may just play it by match-ups and see how it goes. It was a strange Draft that there was 5 straight QB selection in the 1st round :stoneface: and threw off the draft.

PM me e-mail now if anyone wants last spot in the NT Dynasty League, ASAP please.......

Just got back from doing my live draft. 12-team PPR league(QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/T, W/R, K, DEF); 4 pts for TD passes; Drafted #2
QB: Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker
RB: Ray RIce, Darren Sproles, Trent Richardson, Stevan Ridley, Jacquizz Rodgers, Pierre Thomas
WR: Julio Jones, Percy Harvin, Torrey Smith, Darius Heyward-Bey
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Alex Henery
DEF: Buffalo
what do you guys think? I'm definitely weak at QB. I may just play it by match-ups and see how it goes. It was a strange Draft that there was 5 straight QB selection in the 1st round :stoneface: and threw off the draft.
You said it. Good squad but only true weakness is QB. I'd dangle Trent and Fitz for a better top-tier QB.

Back
Top Bottom