2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Just drafted in a 10man league and i got the 5th pick. 

QB: Drew Brees

RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Doug Martin, Peyton Hillis, Beanie Wells

WR: Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, Steve Johnson, Austin Collie, Titus Young, Anquan Boldin

TE: Jimmy Graham

btw, its a 1PPR league. 

What do you guys think? 

How do you think you did breh? Come on now...This is what venom was talking about. :smh: :lol:

Dude got Brees, Graham, Rice, Trent, Welker, Marshall, Doug Martin and Antonio Brown as his core and he's asking us how he drafted for a 10-teamer. Oh and for ***** and giggles you somehow managed to land Hillis, Stevie, Collie, AND Titus.

They might as well give you the championship now.

Last edited:
How do you think you did breh? Come on now...This is what venom was talking about. :smh: :lol:
Dude got Brees, Graham, Rice, Trent, Welker, Marshall, Doug Martin and Antonio Brown as his core and he's asking us how he drafted for a 10-teamer. Oh and for ***** and giggles you somehow managed to land Hillis, Stevie, Collie, AND Titus.

:rofl:

Like how the hell they let you get Brees, Graham and Rice? How is that possible in a 10 teamer?

^with the worst pick possible
laugh.gif

hate drafting from the middle
sick.gif
i know right? i got stuck with the #5 pick and was sitting there pondering who i was going to draft without reaching.  ray rice ended up falling to me and i grabbed him without any time running off the clock.  in the 2nd round again drew brees stared me at me and i grabbed him without any time running off. but then i realized that passing TDs were worth only 4 points and was actually regretting not grabbing a toptier WR because each reception is 1pt. but i got to grab graham in the 3rd round and i knew i was coasting from then on
How do you think you did breh? Come on now...This is what venom was talking about.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

that's what im saying! sorry for offending anybody, but i just wanted to brag really... and this isnt any free league, this is actually a $100 league with rich snobs who obviously didnt know anything.  i actually couldve had percy harvin too, but my boy was contemplating about jeremy maclin when he alrdy has lesean mccoy so i told him to go with percy harvin who was still on the board.  

hopefully my bigger $ draft tomorrow will go smoothly just like this one 

I'm looking to take either Eli Manning or Matt Ryan in the 5th round. Which one of these QBs you guys prefer. I play in a league that rewards 4pts per passing TD

GoldenTicket21: Only concern I have is Dre's health as a legitimate WR1. Plus he's never had double-digit receiving TDs.

Hoarding QBs I see. My take is that Romo and Peyton are the only ones absolutely necessary. Tebow and Russell surplus, wait-and-see approach for a valuable roster spot.

Still shocked that Arian Foster would ever fall to sixth.

More WR depth, T.O. no longer a trustworthy fantasy option.

Fleener will be your starting TE by year's end. Guarantee it.

just drafted in a 10 player league.

i realized i had a lot of players on the same team murray/bryant and marshall/forte :lol:

i drafted 7th. didnt really know what to do.

i feel pretty weak at RB and TE. what do you guys think?

^ Nah, you're good on RBs currently. Rather be "weak" at TE with Tamme and Celek than reach early like everyone else for Gronk, Graham, Gates, Finley, etc. Too much value at RB and WR early on to take a TE instead, unless you have Brady or Brees obviously to team with the elite two TEs.

Would start Romo at the beginning of the season. Rivers should pick it up with a healthy Gates, comfort with Meachem and Royal develops, and Matthews returns from injury.

Did my 12 team draft last night.I was 9th in the first round and was deciding on either Stafford or Cam.I had Cam last year and won my league.But I really think Cam is going to drop off this year so I went with Stafford.

Who would u guys draft between those 2 QB's in the 1st round?

Last edited:
Just curious as to what people say as I'm certain I'm taking my league. 12-team auction draft.

Bid super high on my two starting RB's because they're home runs. Rather weak on paper at WR and TE, but you'll come to see I did just well. :lol: Besides...I'm fully confident I drafted 2 or 3 additional RB's that will have good years. Trade bait!

Last edited:
MR J 858: You made the right choice with Matty Stafford. Everyone is seeing a passing sophomore slump for Cam. Megatron and Pettigrew are obvious weapons, but I also see Titus Young going off.

651akathePaul: Blair Walsh as your starting K? Not something you see every day. Seattle underrated D. Very good depth on your bench. Problem with your starters, WR3 in particular. Try moving Bush to the Forte owner for a better WR3. One starting RB spot? Also unique. Almost all leagues are two starting RBs.

MR J 858: You made the right choice with Matty Stafford. Everyone is seeing a passing sophomore slump for Cam. Megatron and Pettigrew are obvious weapons, but I also see Titus Young going off.
651akathePaul: Blair Walsh as your starting K? Not something you see every day. Seattle underrated D. Very good depth on your bench. Problem with your starters, WR3 in particular. Try moving Bush to the Forte owner for a better WR3. One starting RB spot? Also unique. Almost all leagues are two starting RBs.

Blair kicks in a the dome and has looked really good so far and he's a kicker. I'll dump his *** if he struggles. I'm never worried about that position. :lol:

Trust. I will be moving an RB for another WR, but letting things play out first. I'm putting a lot of stock into the Ryan to Julio combo which, in my opinion, blows up this year, and I'm really really hoping Amendola can stay healthy because he's an 80 reception type guy. Seattle's D will be top 5 this year too. They're one year older and that "legion of doom" is ready to destroy.

I should add that my philosophy is obviously the RB position. I've always won or lost according to my running backs. My QB analysis is usually on point and that position is so damn deep that if you don't end up with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady you can do just fine with anyone from 4-15 ranked if you have solid RB's. I'm bound to find a receiver on the FA list as well. There's so many

Another note: :lol: My commish is making this relative to real life with the passing driven league that's why its 3 WR's and 1 RB.

Last edited:
Amendola is certainly not a bad PPR option. He's a poor man's Welker-type. Money on bubble screens and little four-to-five yard receptions.

For defenses: SF (consensus #1), Chicago, Houston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Seattle. Top-7 for me (not necessarily in order after Baltimore).

Yeah, but that's as you see it now. Just wait till the season plays out. Seattle's D is fire. I'm tellin' ya.

Trust me, bro. I'm relying on Seattle D in multiple fantasy leagues. That home crowd atmosphere is unlike any other in the NFL.

Did I really see you pick the Seahawks officially to win the NFC West?

You did, sir. I've been a fan of this game a long long time (not saying you haven't been) and I know the cyclical nature of how it works. Especially if you're not one of the constants (GB, NE, Pitt). Offense is going to separate the two and Seattle will have the better O. Maybe it's for the bold predictions thread, but I'm confident and stand by it. Not to mention SF's first place schedule and both are playing NFC North teams. It's more open than people think.

Last edited:
Can respect a bold prediction with conviction. However, SF's weakness was clearly on offense and they addressed that in the off-season considerably. LaMike, Manningham, Jenkins, Moss. Harbaugh is a better HC than PC. Not the biggest fan or believer in Alex Smith, but he showed something against the Saints in the playoffs last year. Plus he has all of Harbaugh's trust at the moment.

I've got it finishing: SF, Seattle, Arizona, STL.

i just drafted in a 12 man 1 player keeper league. PPR scoring I had the 1st pick and kept Shady

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, Ryan Mathews, Ryan Williams, Quizz Rodgers, Royster

WR: Andre Johson, Miles Austin, Kenny Britt, Sidney Rice, Malcom Floyd, Steve Smith (STL), McCluster

TE: Aaron Hernandez, Kyle Rudolph 

DEF: JETS

K: Hartley

I went with a lot of risk/reward picks since i locked up two elite backs. My WR's could be better.. any feedback?

Anyone else seeiing Matt Schaub's stock drop pretty deep in drafts ?

I got him in the 8th round last night.

Anyone else seeiing Matt Schaub's stock drop pretty deep in drafts ?
I got him in the 8th round last night.
I think Schaub will be alright, not going to put the huge numbers like he did a couple years ago. Texans have turned to a run-first ream the last few seasons since now they don't have to catch up on games like they used to.

he is injury prone though

Last edited:
vvsvito: Based on your three elite RBs, they should give you the championship now. Only possible downfall is literally all three of your WRs have significant concerns. Miles' hammy. Dre's numerous leg issues. Britt's looming suspension (potentially) and recovery from injury.

MR J 858: Schaub makes for a very solid backup but I don't think any manager is trusting him to win a league as a starting option. I imagine Kubiak will continue to pound Foster and Tate to preserve Dre's health.

Anybody think Doug Baldwin would be worth an add? I really like Russell Wilson and he'll need someone to throw to so I figure atleast one guy out of their WR crops will have a big year. Sidney Rice is hurt too much.

Anybody think Doug Baldwin would be worth an add? I really like Russell Wilson and he'll need someone to throw to so I figure atleast one guy out of their WR crops will have a big year. Sidney Rice is hurt too much.
He was worth a bench spot for me last year. Decent option to play the match-ups weekly. Braylon's stock may increase a bit in coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom