2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I'm in a major pickle, I've done tons of research looked at rankings and IDK who to start....
Jacob Tamme vs Houston
or
Jared Cook vs Detroit.

It's a wash, but I'd personally go Tamme.

Playing a defense like Houston most people shy away, I look at it like this. When you play such a defense (even one strong at defending opposing TEs) they're still going to be one of the first looks (if not the first look) in the event of a checkdown.

in a 16 team league. is it safe to cut keller now and I would pick up R.Moss? My other TE's are Pettigrew and M. Lewis.
Another question, who should I start at my 2nd flex? Edelman, Dwyer, Battle, G. Tate, Kerley, or M.Lewis?
Thanks in advance.

Yeah no sense in carrying 3 TEs (2 TE league?), Moss is a boom or bust Flex play at best but should still be owned in most leagues, especially a 16 teamer.

2nd flex? Dwyer.

Start 2 of these 4. Need help I know I want to start Brown.
Malcolm Floyd WR VS ATL, Antonio Brown WR Vs Oak, Michael Turner VS SD , Shonn Greene vs Miami

I'd go Burner. Off-field issues aside, Burner is still the first goal-line option for the Falcons. They can move the ball, plain and simple, that just tells me he'll have a better chance at finding pay-dirt.

The Jets are going to have a tough day dealing with that Miami defense, I just don't see Green having much success. Though with Keller out he might have an incrementally better chance at finding paydirt, but something tells me Miami is going to rock the Jets and they'll be playing from behind all game. They'll be doing a lot of throwing.

Last edited:
Danny Amendola @ Chicago or Antonio Brown @ Oakland?

Brown, I know Amendola is coming off a stellar game against the 'Skins but the Bears are a tougher match-up. I see Big Ben carving Oakland up and Brown being his primary weapon.

I like Amendola this week but I love Antonio Brown this week.

I'd go Burner. Off-field issues aside, Burner is still the first goal-line option for the Falcons. They can move the ball, plain and simple, that just tells me he'll have a better chance at finding pay-dirt.
The Jets are going to have a tough day dealing with that Miami defense, I just don't see Green having much success. Though with Keller out he might have an incrementally better chance at finding paydirt, but something tells me Miami is going to rock the Jets and they'll be playing from behind all game. They'll be doing a lot of throwing.

So are you saying Antonio Brown and Turner?

So I ended up wimping out of the DMC for Gronk/Deangelo Williams trade :lol:  Got an offer from another GM; DMC/Flacco for Stafford/Hillis

I need help with this one.

I need to see the rest of your roster, also what kind of scoring format are we talking about?

oh and who picked up my boy Andre Brown? I hope somebody was hyping him up while I was gone, LOVE this kid. Hope y'all got him!

deep-leaguers and those in need of a spot start in lieu of Garcon.

It's Hank Time.

pick up and sit on Leonard Hankerson as a lotto-ticket WR

Those in need of a last-minute spot start for an RB, Dayrl Richardson might be your man if on your wire.

Jackson IMO will start but I think he'll be limited to a snap-count. I think the Rams are confident in Richardson to let him carry most of the load this week, in any case I think Richardson makes for a decent play in deeper leagues.

Fred Jackson (knee) has "a chance" to return in Week 4 against the Patriots.
The Bills' original timetable had Jackson missing three to eight weeks, so this is further confirmation he's progressing ahead of schedule. Jackson won't be returning to a full-time role with C.J. Spiller leading the NFL in rushing, but we'd expect him to cut into Spiller's carries inside the tackles.

If I were a Spiller owner and I didn't own Jackson, I'd be sending out an offer or two at the FJAX owner.....

Last edited:
Pick 1

Witten or Pettigrew
Beanie Wells or Pierre Thomas
Larry Fitzgerald or Michael Crabtree
Darren McFadden or Cedric Benson

Pick 1 WR & 1 flex
Stevie Johnson, Dez Bryant, Michael Turner, Michael Bush

I hate leagues where people don't trade
mean.gif
makes it boring
mean.gif
I've instituted a No Trades policy for my teams. One of my teams is name No Trades. I've gotten burned on trades one too many times for me to want to do it anymore. I drafted the people I did because I wanted them, gotta just ride it out.

I missed out on Leshoure. I'm going to drop David Wilson for Kyle Rudolph. I have Hernandez who is hurt and I picked up Chandler earlier today. I think I'll start Chandler this week but Rudolph will be my long term solution until Hernandez is back.
I got Spiller and Richardson starting at RB this week. Would you guys start Ryan Mathews or Donald Brown at Flex this week? Non PPR. I'm leaning towards Mathews.
Give Mathews a chance in W3. Brown is facing a stout J-Ville run defense. Ryan has been itching to play since W1 and the broken clavicle. He can run, catch, block. Chargers will need him and Gates against ATL. Battle of the 2-0 teams.

Probably gonna drop Davis for Pita, thats if no one higher than me picks him up.
I'll probably keep Mathews at flex over Garcon, LaFell, and P.Thomas unless you guys think its better to go with one those guys instead.
I agree with your move to drop Davis for Pitta. Fred has been disappointing in two early weeks and RG3 isn't looking his way often, while Flacco targets Pitta often.

Stick with Ry in the Flex over Garcon who is doubtful, LaFell obviously already played (mediocre performance), and P. Thomas who is in a crowded backfield.

I'm thinking of swinging Kenny Brit for a steady decent (10+pts a week) running back but I can't think of a back like that, that doesn't have a big name. Anyone know any under the radar backs?
Kenny Britt is a sleeper WR with the suspension passed and both knees reportedly healthy. Munchak limited Britt's reps last week and will limit his routes this week. W4 or W5 on should be his largest value. At that point, you should flip him for a Law Firm or Ridley-type back, if you can. Maybe Morris from WAS, but I've stated numerous times I don't like his long-term potential over a season. Andre Brown a potential target if Bradshaw remains out.

Aint ish on the waiver wire best back is Jackie Battle but with Matthews coming back he's not gonna do much, Andre Brown is on there but I don't know if Bradshaw is playing or not. Just straight back ups
Probably too late now, but I hope you scooped Andre Brown off the FA pool. I'd trade Britt for the record, not drop him.

Back
Top Bottom