2011 State of the Union Address

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Ok the clapping is getting out of hand cant keep with the flow of what he is saying

QFT they clap after every damn sentence. Even mid sentence
thats politics. this is one big pep rally except one side don't really want any part of it

the cameras are working it like obama has majority support in that room, but there's a lot of discontent

None of that matters anyways. His proposals are good so far. I hope and can't wait to see these being put into place.
of course it matters, those are the people his proposals are up against.

dudes just want him to fail -- that's how they claim victory. nevermind the progress of the country that they advertise.

More taxes or important programs getting cut UTVOL23? I don't mind taxeas if it betters my country.

McCain hopped up all like "that's my cue". Any Bill that comes across my desk with pork will get vetoed!

Oh hell no he wants to cut my salary and make me pay more in taxes!

Fiscal policy in action. Compared to other industrialized countries, US income tax rates are quite low.

You should be complaining about how the politicians decide to spend your money instead.

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Ok the clapping is getting out of hand cant keep with the flow of what he is saying

QFT they clap after every damn sentence. Even mid sentence

As soon as he mentioned freezing domestic funds everyone put their applause on hold

laugh.gif
i noticed that too.
 a lot of people look disinterested like the guy in the violet tie behind obama 

More taxes or important programs getting cut UTVOL23? I don't mind taxeas if it betters my country.

I think I will be paying enough in taxes esp since the top 10% pay 71% of the taxes, and then you have all the healthcare reform that is going to slash my salary. Im sure there is enough wasteful spending that they dont need to RAISE my taxes.

I have serious problems with how the tax money is spent

Also raising taxes on the top 2% is not going to make a ding in the deficit you can only tax the "rich" so much.

yeah but my only problem is our country's military spending keeps going up. They should cut that budget and raise taxes on the 2% which will definately lower the deficit

I think I will be paying enough in taxes esp since the top 10% pay 71% of the taxes, and then you have all the healthcare reform that is going to slash my salary. Im sure there is enough wasteful spending that they dont need to RAISE my taxes.

Top 10% also owns over 70% of the wealth....

Are you suggesting the bottom 90% pay 71% of the taxes???  Would be economic apocalypse if that were to happen no matter how much spending you cut...

Originally Posted by will068

Oh hell no he wants to cut my salary and make me pay more in taxes!

Fiscal policy in action. Compared to other industrialized countries, US income tax rates are quite low.

You should be complaining about how the politicians decide to spend your money instead.
This is a very misleading argument. Technically it is true but in those other countries the citizenry gets a better bang for their buck. What do we get here? The money is siphoned off by large corporations on the one hand and given away in the form of entitlements to an equally small segment of the pop by politicians to buy votes. Those who actually pay a substantial amount of taxes ( in real terms) get $%++%!* on and %+%%*% over.

I paid almost 20k in taxes last year. For what? What I am getting for it? Why am I working 3 months out of the year for free?

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Who is the guy next to Joe Biden? the one looking bored and forced to be there?

John Boehner

Aka bob barker

Aka Garfield

Aka "waaaaahhh"

House speaker

A

The disinterested fellow behind Obama on the right in the violet tie is John Boenhr, Speaker of the House

Originally Posted by iamlegend

yeah but my only problem is our country's military spending keeps going up. They should cut that budget and raise taxes on the 2% which will definately lower the deficit
will it? because military spending promotes jobs without it millions will be out of work

Well someone are pissed about how the "don't ask, don't tell" fiasco went. Those generals looked pissed.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Top 10% also owns over 70% of the wealth....

Are you suggesting the bottom 90% pay 71% of the taxes???  Would be economic apocalypse if that were to happen no matter how much spending you cut...
Well ~50% arent paying any taxes at all. But i think 71% is a FAIR share. Where does it end with the top 10% paying 100% and everyone else living off their dime? Those people they want to raise taxes on the majority of which arent filthy rich either. We are talking a couple hundred thou a year not making money hand over fist. They arent struggling but they cant buy whatever they want either.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by iamlegend

will it? because military spending promotes jobs without it millions will be out of work
Digging ditches and filling them back up promotes jobs. What's your point?
Military spending will be cut. It'll have to be. It's one of the first things that goes in near bankrupt nations.

Back
Top Bottom