2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Gunna and Pro, where do you guys think Paul goes from here? I still think he needs to call Brother Naszim and work on his defense because it seems that guys have figured him out.

once he got too big for 147 , it was a wrap for him

he's done.

he hydrated to 170 sheeeeeeeeesh

I think cuttin all that weight for all those years didnt help him either

once he got too big for 147 , it was a wrap for him

he's done.

he hydrated to 170 sheeeeeeeeesh

I think cuttin all that weight for all those years didnt help him either

I watched the last half of this fight...

Paul is finished if this guy had some power Paul Williams would be sleeping.. I dont think it was a robbery really but I truly hope he either invests in new trainers that will teach him some type of defense or else he will get knocked out again. It sucks that one of my favorite fighters is almost towards the tail end of his career.

I watched the last half of this fight...

Paul is finished if this guy had some power Paul Williams would be sleeping.. I dont think it was a robbery really but I truly hope he either invests in new trainers that will teach him some type of defense or else he will get knocked out again. It sucks that one of my favorite fighters is almost towards the tail end of his career.

at what point tho is a figther is who he is? yall really think a new trainer will help PW down the line?

i mean how many figthers in the middle half of there career changed trainers and turned into better fighters? yall can name some cause i cant really myself

at what point tho is a figther is who he is? yall really think a new trainer will help PW down the line?

i mean how many figthers in the middle half of there career changed trainers and turned into better fighters? yall can name some cause i cant really myself

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Idk if you find this acceptable but, Hopkins split from Bouie Fisher to Naazim.
And Lennox changing to Manny Steward when he was near 30.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Idk if you find this acceptable but, Hopkins split from Bouie Fisher to Naazim.
And Lennox changing to Manny Steward when he was near 30.

IMO Paul's problem is that without a ton of power his style is hurting him at the higher weight. If he added more defense and actually used his length he would be better. For as much as we talked about his height and length at the welter division, Paul never fought like a tall fighter.

IMO Paul's problem is that without a ton of power his style is hurting him at the higher weight. If he added more defense and actually used his length he would be better. For as much as we talked about his height and length at the welter division, Paul never fought like a tall fighter.

Yall sweating Pun tho! The fact is that Paul Williams, controversy or not, was the victor last night.. So, he isn't done.  He has options at 154.

The obvious and probably righteous way he could go is to rematch Lara.  But of course, he will gun for the rubber match with Sergio Martinez.  Cotto is locked with Margs.. so, he's crossed off.

In my honest opinion, Pun, on his best night, can beat K9 (IBF champ) and Dzinziruk (WBO champ).  I would love to see Pun fight Vanes though!

But just like Diaz/Paulie, I think Pun will ultimately give Lara his deserved rematch.  ..And I think Pun wins it outright. #yeahIsaidit

Yall sweating Pun tho! The fact is that Paul Williams, controversy or not, was the victor last night.. So, he isn't done.  He has options at 154.

The obvious and probably righteous way he could go is to rematch Lara.  But of course, he will gun for the rubber match with Sergio Martinez.  Cotto is locked with Margs.. so, he's crossed off.

In my honest opinion, Pun, on his best night, can beat K9 (IBF champ) and Dzinziruk (WBO champ).  I would love to see Pun fight Vanes though!

But just like Diaz/Paulie, I think Pun will ultimately give Lara his deserved rematch.  ..And I think Pun wins it outright. #yeahIsaidit

At 154 Paul is an average fighter. What made him special was at 147 he was so much taller and longer than those guys.

At 154 Paul is an average fighter. What made him special was at 147 he was so much taller and longer than those guys.

Back
Top Bottom