2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by Club 27

Originally Posted by Proshares

This is why boxing sucks now

Of course, THIS is why boxing is terrible now and losing to MMA
laugh.gif

*$$%++% excuse of an NT'er making his way to S&T.

EEEEASSSYY young man i love boxing as well

but we BOTH know that was highway robbery

Riiight.
For somebody who supposedly "loves" boxing to say "this is why boxing sucks now".

Just stop my man.

Originally Posted by therickstah2001

roll.gif
at the people that say this is why boxing is losing fans...

And
roll.gif
at Club the mma person giving us his insight on why boxing sucks..

$#+# the thread, yall garbage.

laugh.gif
 I come in peace, hypersensitive Boxing Threaders

Originally Posted by therickstah2001

roll.gif
at the people that say this is why boxing is losing fans...

And
roll.gif
at Club the mma person giving us his insight on why boxing sucks..

$#+# the thread, yall garbage.

laugh.gif
 I come in peace, hypersensitive Boxing Threaders

laugh.gif

It was highway robbery,  no disagreement there pal.  But this has nothing to do with it losing fans to MMA because they have their fair share of bad decisions.

And if this is the worst decision you've ever seen and you watch a lot of boxing, IMO there was a fight just last week where there was a decision worse than this.

I didnt compare anything to MMA

i dont participate in the 'which is better?' threads because i enjoy both sports immensely.

I step in ONE time and im getting crucified
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It was highway robbery,  no disagreement there pal.  But this has nothing to do with it losing fans to MMA because they have their fair share of bad decisions.

And if this is the worst decision you've ever seen and you watch a lot of boxing, IMO there was a fight just last week where there was a decision worse than this.

i dont participate in the 'which is better?' threads because i enjoy both sports immensely.

laugh.gif

Paul makes a pretty key mistake when he bends over at the waist to try and avoid the overhand left. When he does this, his opponent uses the momentum of him bending over and catches him at the same time. It pretty much doubles the impact.

He seemed cooked tonight. No hop in his step. The most lively he seemed tonight was when he came out to the Black Eyed Peas
laugh.gif

Surprisingly enough, the total punch numbers weren't even really one sided. It was that one power shot that made it seem like an easy decision for Lara.

Paul makes a pretty key mistake when he bends over at the waist to try and avoid the overhand left. When he does this, his opponent uses the momentum of him bending over and catches him at the same time. It pretty much doubles the impact.

He seemed cooked tonight. No hop in his step. The most lively he seemed tonight was when he came out to the Black Eyed Peas
laugh.gif

Surprisingly enough, the total punch numbers weren't even really one sided. It was that one power shot that made it seem like an easy decision for Lara.

Originally Posted by Marvel Man X

I'll give you this though, Paul was the aggressor of the fight and landed a lot of body blows. He didn't necessarily have the most "exciting" punches in the bout, but he was busy enough that maybe he convinced the judges he won.

Paul wasnt effective like he usually is on the inside, so I cant agree with that I'd give Paul 4 rounds that fight, thats it.

Originally Posted by Marvel Man X

I'll give you this though, Paul was the aggressor of the fight and landed a lot of body blows. He didn't necessarily have the most "exciting" punches in the bout, but he was busy enough that maybe he convinced the judges he won.

Paul wasnt effective like he usually is on the inside, so I cant agree with that I'd give Paul 4 rounds that fight, thats it.

After all the good the Rios and Antillon fight does, we get shot right back to Earth with that decision...
%!*%!#$ terrible...worst robbery I've seen in a while...

After all the good the Rios and Antillon fight does, we get shot right back to Earth with that decision...
%!*%!#$ terrible...worst robbery I've seen in a while...

laugh.gif

That's my mistake I thought you said this is why boxing sucks to MMA now.  Apologies.

Thing is Paul came out aggressive as usual and just got outboxed.  Big props to Lara.

laugh.gif

That's my mistake I thought you said this is why boxing sucks to MMA now.  Apologies.

Thing is Paul came out aggressive as usual and just got outboxed.  Big props to Lara.

laugh.gif

I know you watch a lot of boxing which is why i KNOW you cant possibly believe this
laugh.gif

Pauls slow exaggeratted setup got him popped with the lead left more times consistantly than ive EVER seen and not hit the canvas...

like Roy said if that were Sergio wed be takin him to the hospital

i dunno tho... maybe they dont judge on crispness, effectiveness and power of the punches nemore... i see alotta fights called based on who pushed the fight. if you set the pace and continually

attack your gunna get descions but
laugh.gif
at this foolishness...

laugh.gif

I know you watch a lot of boxing which is why i KNOW you cant possibly believe this
laugh.gif

Pauls slow exaggeratted setup got him popped with the lead left more times consistantly than ive EVER seen and not hit the canvas...

i dunno tho... maybe they dont judge on crispness, effectiveness and power of the punches nemore... i see alotta fights called based on who pushed the fight. if you set the pace and continually

attack your gunna get descions but
laugh.gif
at this foolishness...

I don't think the fight was that wide in favor of Lara like a 118-110 like Lederman had and the HBO crew.

I thought it was more like 116 or 117 for Lara. Williams was throwing a lot of punches, but Lara had some pop behind his punches I think the judges scored the rounds based on Williams being more active in the ring, however not being as effective as Lara.

For now I got a feeling Paul Williams is done, and Lara really impressed tonight he is ready for title fights and should get an immediate rematch vs Williams because Paul will definitely lose to Sergio Martinez should they fight again. Anyway still a bad decision which hurts boxing yet again.

I don't think the fight was that wide in favor of Lara like a 118-110 like Lederman had and the HBO crew.

I thought it was more like 116 or 117 for Lara. Williams was throwing a lot of punches, but Lara had some pop behind his punches I think the judges scored the rounds based on Williams being more active in the ring, however not being as effective as Lara.

For now I got a feeling Paul Williams is done, and Lara really impressed tonight he is ready for title fights and should get an immediate rematch vs Williams because Paul will definitely lose to Sergio Martinez should they fight again. Anyway still a bad decision which hurts boxing yet again.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif

IDK man, that Macklin/Sturm fight was much clearer for Macklin and Sturm had a 116-112 on TWO cards
laugh.gif
that was just absurd to me.  Maybe because it was just because it was a middleweight championship fight.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif

IDK man, that Macklin/Sturm fight was much clearer for Macklin and Sturm had a 116-112 on TWO cards
laugh.gif
that was just absurd to me.  Maybe because it was just because it was a middleweight championship fight.

these decisions are nothin new to the sport.

Sweet pea bust de La Hoyas #$%, got robbed,

Pernell also whupped Chavez, and was given a draw....

these decisions are nothin new to the sport.

Sweet pea bust de La Hoyas #$%, got robbed,

Pernell also whupped Chavez, and was given a draw....

Back
Top Bottom