2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Spoiler [+]
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.co...e&id=41456#ixzz1S0rjrCFR
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Chris LaBate

Former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik has confirmed that there was a physical confrontation between him and his brother, Michael Pavlik Jr., last Friday night at their parents' home, but he denies consuming any alcohol at the time of the incident. According to Youngstown police reports, both men were allegedly drinking at the time of the incident, and after a verbal argument Kelly Pavlik punched a door to the home and pulled his brother out of the broken window.

Kelly Pavlik, who via telephone spoke to a Youngstown television station on Tuesday, admits that he did arrive at his parents' home and ended up in a fight with his brother but said he was not drinking and has no idea why his brother told police that he consumed alcohol at the time of their incident. Michael Pavlik declined to press charges.

Kelly was released from alcohol abuse treatment in January. He returns to the ring on August 6th against Darryl Cunningham in Showtime televised fight.

I hope Kelly is telling the truth. I hate to see his roadwork training (bar hopping) further damage his career. The amount of punches he's taken from his sparing partner(booze) is killing his kidneys

I hope Kelly is telling the truth. I hate to see his roadwork training (bar hopping) further damage his career. The amount of punches he's taken from his sparing partner(booze) is killing his kidneys

Sugar Shane Mosley Wife Gets Championship Belts in Divorce | TMZ.com

Sugar Shane Mosley has been forced to give up 3 championship belts -- to his wife ... in his divorce!

0714-shane-mosely-ex-1.jpg

TMZ has obtained Sugar Shane's divorce settlement documents and -- if you've been divorced -- we're betting his is a lot different.

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin "shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties' three minor children." Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.

And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane's cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane's fight purses during their marriage. But luckily for Sugar, his big fight against Manny Pacquiao was held after the couple separated, so his $3 mil is his alone.

And get this ... the couple accumulated 854,410 American Express points during their marriage, and she gets half. To put that in perspective, for Jin's 427,205 points, she can buy either an industrial generator or a 10-speed bike.

Sugar Shane Mosley Wife Gets Championship Belts in Divorce | TMZ.com

Sugar Shane Mosley has been forced to give up 3 championship belts -- to his wife ... in his divorce!

0714-shane-mosely-ex-1.jpg

TMZ has obtained Sugar Shane's divorce settlement documents and -- if you've been divorced -- we're betting his is a lot different.

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin "shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties' three minor children." Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.

And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane's cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane's fight purses during their marriage. But luckily for Sugar, his big fight against Manny Pacquiao was held after the couple separated, so his $3 mil is his alone.

And get this ... the couple accumulated 854,410 American Express points during their marriage, and she gets half. To put that in perspective, for Jin's 427,205 points, she can buy either an industrial generator or a 10-speed bike.

Originally Posted by therickstah2001
Damn this video was really good but the end was tough. 
I posted this in the comments:

Man with Roy Jones Jr. being my favorite boxer of all time it was tough to see the end of this video. If Roy is watching this you are one hell of a fighter and my personal favorite fighter of all time. I'll root for you forever I don't care what the situation is. You inspired me to fight for what I believe in and you are my personal hero. Much love. My whole family loves you homie.

Originally Posted by therickstah2001
Damn this video was really good but the end was tough. 
I posted this in the comments:

Man with Roy Jones Jr. being my favorite boxer of all time it was tough to see the end of this video. If Roy is watching this you are one hell of a fighter and my personal favorite fighter of all time. I'll root for you forever I don't care what the situation is. You inspired me to fight for what I believe in and you are my personal hero. Much love. My whole family loves you homie.

The Danny Green and Lebedev (or whoever he is) clips were even harder to watch. Whoever's been managing/advising RJ since the Glen Johnson fight does not care for him or his well-being at all.

The Danny Green and Lebedev (or whoever he is) clips were even harder to watch. Whoever's been managing/advising RJ since the Glen Johnson fight does not care for him or his well-being at all.

These cats need to invest wisely, man...

Also, I'm curious...Is RJJ still boxing because he truly believes he can still make a "comeback" or does he desperately need the money? Never heard anything about money problems with him...

These cats need to invest wisely, man...

Also, I'm curious...Is RJJ still boxing because he truly believes he can still make a "comeback" or does he desperately need the money? Never heard anything about money problems with him...

That Rodriguez/Wolak fight was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

If you aint seen it, do yourself a favor and go to espn360 and watch it!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I went out last night so I didn't see it, but I heard it was a great fight. I'm sick because I wanted to go to that card but none of my friends wanted to roll...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I went out last night so I didn't see it, but I heard it was a great fight. I'm sick because I wanted to go to that card but none of my friends wanted to roll...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Besides getting saddled with an undeserved loss, Lara suffered a small facial fracture due to an accidental head-butt. Trainer/cutman Miguel Diaz did a tremendous job of keeping the swelling down. But when the fracture was diagnosed at the hospital after the fight, Lara's night continued to get worse.
Lara was told by the doctor that because of the fracture, he should not fly for about six weeks.

That left Golden Boy's Dave Itskowitch to change Lara's travel plans.

Lara had to drive a rental car all the back to Florida.

The "loss" was bad enough, but talk about adding insult to injury.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

he needs better ppl... these fools still hopped on the plane and let son drive all the way home
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

outrageous... simply outrageous how his weekend turned out after he embarrassed Pun the lurp...

feel bad for the kid, but this jus sounds like one of those things so awful itll litterally make him... dude will be putting holes in the heavy bag for the next few weeks for sure

that that doesnt kill u...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Besides getting saddled with an undeserved loss, Lara suffered a small facial fracture due to an accidental head-butt. Trainer/cutman Miguel Diaz did a tremendous job of keeping the swelling down. But when the fracture was diagnosed at the hospital after the fight, Lara's night continued to get worse.
Lara was told by the doctor that because of the fracture, he should not fly for about six weeks.

That left Golden Boy's Dave Itskowitch to change Lara's travel plans.

Lara had to drive a rental car all the back to Florida.

The "loss" was bad enough, but talk about adding insult to injury.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

he needs better ppl... these fools still hopped on the plane and let son drive all the way home
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

outrageous... simply outrageous how his weekend turned out after he embarrassed Pun the lurp...

feel bad for the kid, but this jus sounds like one of those things so awful itll litterally make him... dude will be putting holes in the heavy bag for the next few weeks for sure

that that doesnt kill u...

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just saw it now, great fight...that eye 
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just saw it now, great fight...that eye 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom