2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

I said lunging, because that's how he was fighting all fight. How you still gonna defend someone that lost unanimously, all that would of should of crap don't mean @+%%, he shoulda done all that in the ring.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who said lunging?

yea, VVlad wasnt worried tho, he just held on for dear life after that right hit him.

Like I said, a follow up punch lands, and yall are in this thread with the "
eek.gif
" Icons and typing and Newww heavyweight Champion...
grin.gif
 That's total speculation, you're making a huge leap there. That he has the wherewithal to throw the right punch, to land that punch, to knock Wlad down, and to knock Wlad OUT. 
EVEN IF that punch had landed, all Wlad would have had to do was to stay on his feet til the end of the fight. He was ahead like 10 points. 

You can't give the dude a pass for his pathetic performance based on a hypothetical punch. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who said lunging?

yea, VVlad wasnt worried tho, he just held on for dear life after that right hit him.

Like I said, a follow up punch lands, and yall are in this thread with the "
eek.gif
" Icons and typing and Newww heavyweight Champion...
grin.gif
 That's total speculation, you're making a huge leap there. That he has the wherewithal to throw the right punch, to land that punch, to knock Wlad down, and to knock Wlad OUT. 
EVEN IF that punch had landed, all Wlad would have had to do was to stay on his feet til the end of the fight. He was ahead like 10 points. 

You can't give the dude a pass for his pathetic performance based on a hypothetical punch. 

That was Haye's whole problem, hit with one shot and never follow up. Wlad gets credit for trying to go back and fight instead after getting his legs back.

That was Haye's whole problem, hit with one shot and never follow up. Wlad gets credit for trying to go back and fight instead after getting his legs back.

I didnt make an excuse. Im not put off by his effort, yall are.
He fought the wrong fight. bad strategy. $@!# happens. he fought a guy 30 lbs heavier and what 4 inches taller

I didnt make an excuse. Im not put off by his effort, yall are.
He fought the wrong fight. bad strategy. $@!# happens. he fought a guy 30 lbs heavier and what 4 inches taller

Why does weight and height matter all of a sudden when Haye was so confident his lack of size will be beneficial to the fight because of his speed and head movement?

Why does weight and height matter all of a sudden when Haye was so confident his lack of size will be beneficial to the fight because of his speed and head movement?

so Im David Haye now? LOL

out of what I said u picked that ...
yall actin like haye fought a bum. like escaping that jab and 1,2 is some easy %%%%

I was hoping beyond Hope that we'd get a new heavyweight Champion so at least we'd get to see some exciting heavyweight fights but the difference in the fight was the 30 pounds and long reach of the jab.

so Im David Haye now? LOL

out of what I said u picked that ...
yall actin like haye fought a bum. like escaping that jab and 1,2 is some easy %%%%

I was hoping beyond Hope that we'd get a new heavyweight Champion so at least we'd get to see some exciting heavyweight fights but the difference in the fight was the 30 pounds and long reach of the jab.

So that's Wlad's fault?

It's the Klitschko brothers fault that they are skilled at their height? That they normally outweigh their opponent?

Haye didn't have a good gameplan, he didn't improvise, he didn't know what to do.

Yeah sure, he went out there and gave it his all in the 12th, as any Champion should do.

Your hate for Wlad is deep. The talent pool for the heavyweights in general right now is lacking, and the Klitschko brothers are tearing apart anyone that wants to be in that conversation. So what if they aren't exciting.

Is Floyd Mayweather "exciting?" Outside of the ring, sure. He's the second biggest draw in boxing right now, depending on who you ask.

What do you want from the Wlad? You want him to go out there and be dangerous and knock someone out? You want more knockouts? He knocked out or made them give up five times in a row prior to tonight.

Personally, I applaud both Klitschko brothers for taking advantage of the opportunity put before them. They've taken advantage of the Heavyweight division in a post-Lewis/Hollyfield/Tyson era. Are they as renowned as those guys? No, of course not. But why do they have to be? They're the best of this time, this little era we're going through right now.

Maybe they don't talk enough trash, they are too big, they don't have flashy enough knockouts, but I love what those two dudes bring in the ring.

So that's Wlad's fault?

It's the Klitschko brothers fault that they are skilled at their height? That they normally outweigh their opponent?

Haye didn't have a good gameplan, he didn't improvise, he didn't know what to do.

Yeah sure, he went out there and gave it his all in the 12th, as any Champion should do.

Your hate for Wlad is deep. The talent pool for the heavyweights in general right now is lacking, and the Klitschko brothers are tearing apart anyone that wants to be in that conversation. So what if they aren't exciting.

Is Floyd Mayweather "exciting?" Outside of the ring, sure. He's the second biggest draw in boxing right now, depending on who you ask.

What do you want from the Wlad? You want him to go out there and be dangerous and knock someone out? You want more knockouts? He knocked out or made them give up five times in a row prior to tonight.

Personally, I applaud both Klitschko brothers for taking advantage of the opportunity put before them. They've taken advantage of the Heavyweight division in a post-Lewis/Hollyfield/Tyson era. Are they as renowned as those guys? No, of course not. But why do they have to be? They're the best of this time, this little era we're going through right now.

Maybe they don't talk enough trash, they are too big, they don't have flashy enough knockouts, but I love what those two dudes bring in the ring.

hate for VVLad? that is ridiculous,

you are projecting feelings on to me that I dont have.

He is the most dominant Boxer we have.

around 5 pm I said this in here...

Same good steady performance from Wlad tho

theres nothin else that needs to be said about him. he does this every fight.

weeks ago on twiter I went in on some fools saying Boxing is dead cus theres no dominant fighters.... and my reply was the klitschos ...

dont mistake me asking for a different approach Haye to me disrespecting VVLad. the $%$+ Hay did wrong was Glaring, so I addressed it

hate for VVLad? that is ridiculous,

you are projecting feelings on to me that I dont have.

He is the most dominant Boxer we have.

around 5 pm I said this in here...

Same good steady performance from Wlad tho

theres nothin else that needs to be said about him. he does this every fight.

weeks ago on twiter I went in on some fools saying Boxing is dead cus theres no dominant fighters.... and my reply was the klitschos ...

dont mistake me asking for a different approach Haye to me disrespecting VVLad. the $%$+ Hay did wrong was Glaring, so I addressed it

"so what if theyre not exciting?"

the Heavyweight Championship historically is the weathervane for Boxing... if youve got excitement surrounding Heavyweight champs (in the ring) it goes along way ffor the sport.

when has anyone here seen either brother step on the gas and try to finish their opponent? Even Manny Steward touches on that and he's their trainer

"so what if theyre not exciting?"

the Heavyweight Championship historically is the weathervane for Boxing... if youve got excitement surrounding Heavyweight champs (in the ring) it goes along way ffor the sport.

when has anyone here seen either brother step on the gas and try to finish their opponent? Even Manny Steward touches on that and he's their trainer

Call me naive but I could care less if there's an exciting heavyweight in boxing. I'll watch the fights whether boxing is "in," at the moment or not, whether the sport overall is struggling or not.

Sorry for typecasting you into the Klitschko hater, but there's so much animosity towards them by a lot of general sports fans (I know you're not, but I was just trying to defend those dudes).

I just thought it was a punkass effort from Haye. Yes, there were times when he may have had the opportunity to do something, but his flopping out there disgusted me. We'll agree to disagree on that.

Call me naive but I could care less if there's an exciting heavyweight in boxing. I'll watch the fights whether boxing is "in," at the moment or not, whether the sport overall is struggling or not.

Sorry for typecasting you into the Klitschko hater, but there's so much animosity towards them by a lot of general sports fans (I know you're not, but I was just trying to defend those dudes).

I just thought it was a punkass effort from Haye. Yes, there were times when he may have had the opportunity to do something, but his flopping out there disgusted me. We'll agree to disagree on that.

Wladimir was leaning on Haye at times, but I felt Haye was falling too much it was getting annoying. I really liked the introductions the lights and fireworks even though they both took too long to get into the ring. They should have these types of introductions more in the states because it adds excitement to the fight.

The only Haye fight I've seen was against Enzo Maccarinelli when he won by KO and in that fight he was letting his hands go, but against Wladimir he didn't he was too cautious. I think Adamek could have performed better, but then again he is also a small heavyweight who will fight Vitali next.

Wladimir was leaning on Haye at times, but I felt Haye was falling too much it was getting annoying. I really liked the introductions the lights and fireworks even though they both took too long to get into the ring. They should have these types of introductions more in the states because it adds excitement to the fight.

The only Haye fight I've seen was against Enzo Maccarinelli when he won by KO and in that fight he was letting his hands go, but against Wladimir he didn't he was too cautious. I think Adamek could have performed better, but then again he is also a small heavyweight who will fight Vitali next.

Im used to seeing flops in soccer and basketball... BUT DAMN HAYE, THAT WAS RIDICULOUS.....

Wlads stiff left jab clearly dominated and won this fight for him.... but I felt Haye's counter game got super old real fast and it wasnt that successful ... Haye should have taken some risks by taking the fight to Wlad, because Wlad was winning just by showing the judges that he was dictating the fight with his jab.... I thought Haye was somewhat faster and could have looked better if he initiated some offense instead of waiting for a Wlad mistake...

I wouldnt mind seeing the fight if they had a rematch, but haye has to lay it all out next time if he wants to win.

Im used to seeing flops in soccer and basketball... BUT DAMN HAYE, THAT WAS RIDICULOUS.....

Wlads stiff left jab clearly dominated and won this fight for him.... but I felt Haye's counter game got super old real fast and it wasnt that successful ... Haye should have taken some risks by taking the fight to Wlad, because Wlad was winning just by showing the judges that he was dictating the fight with his jab.... I thought Haye was somewhat faster and could have looked better if he initiated some offense instead of waiting for a Wlad mistake...

I wouldnt mind seeing the fight if they had a rematch, but haye has to lay it all out next time if he wants to win.

I'm sure Haye was doing some acting with some of those falls but it was to counteract Wlad's illegal tactic of pushing Hayes head down anytime he got close.  Wlad always does that and never even gets a warning and if Haye didn't have to resort to falling all the time, nothing would have been done this time either so I don't really blame him. 

I'm sure Haye was doing some acting with some of those falls but it was to counteract Wlad's illegal tactic of pushing Hayes head down anytime he got close.  Wlad always does that and never even gets a warning and if Haye didn't have to resort to falling all the time, nothing would have been done this time either so I don't really blame him. 

Back
Top Bottom