2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Great call by the ref
laugh.gif

Agree
laugh.gif
Maaaan, all that talk and this dude fought like that?  #!## out here...

The crazy thing is I think he stunned Wladimir a couple of times with that right hand...don't know why he fought #$!%!-made like that... he barely took any risks

I had it 116-110 for Wlad 

Great call by the ref
laugh.gif

Agree
laugh.gif
Maaaan, all that talk and this dude fought like that?  #!## out here...

The crazy thing is I think he stunned Wladimir a couple of times with that right hand...don't know why he fought #$!%!-made like that... he barely took any risks

I had it 116-110 for Wlad 

laugh.gif
, Yeah I agree...I had a good time

I mean, it wasn't a war, and I expected that, but there was a tremendous amount of tension and even though Wlad was dominating I never felt like he was too safe because Haye could drop him...

Now next week (Rios vs Antillion) should be fun...

laugh.gif

I mean, it wasn't a war, and I expected that, but there was a tremendous amount of tension and even though Wlad was dominating I never felt like he was too safe because Haye could drop him...

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

laugh.gif

Rios-Antillon ought to be a good scrap!
This is a good month for boxing.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

laugh.gif

Rios-Antillon ought to be a good scrap!
This is a good month for boxing.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Haye did want to fight. he s fighting a giant, who threw him down anytime he got close enough to scuffle.

that ref was +$*.

yea Haye flopped that time when cuffed behind the head but damn nothing else was getting the refs attention.

Haye did pretty well to avoid that jab man. he's got alot of skill. bad game plan. where was the body punches?

if he racks Wlads ribs, its not so easy to move away from that overhand right.

Same good steady performance from Wlad tho

haye need to throw in some Tyson film, and watch them double hooks to the body then the finish to the head.
I don't know man.. How many of those times did you see Haye go down when he wasn't flopping?

He had a few of those LeBron James flops where he wasn't even touched and he flinched and tried to go down.

Wlad threw him down? Haye's gameplan was to land ONE big punch, and try to get Wlad to not gain any momentum by flopping every damn round. He was on the floor at least 15 times that fight, and MAYBE three-or-four of those were because of Wlad. Any other fighter in that position going to do that? Ehh..

What did Haye need to get the attention of the ref for? Why does Haye need help from the ref? Fight the goddamn man instead of falling on your $$% every other minute. I don't know where you're coming from here. Wlad was fighting a legitimate fight. Never before have I seen a boxer fall on his $$% as much as I did today. Wlad wasn't leaning on him throughout the fight, whenever they got close, Haye fell to his knees like he was working the corner. It's not like Wlad was bullying him around and leaning on him. When Haye lunged in, they'd get caught up, and Haye would let his legs go and fall to the canvas. Whack.

Talking a lot of what he should have done... Commend Wlad for what he did. Until someone exploits one of these two brothers, they should be getting a lot more respect than they have been given. These aren't two loudmouth punks who rely on roughing their opponents up by roughhousing them. They box. They're boxers. They don't slug it out like a lot of Americans want. They are skilled, talented big men, who know how to win boxing matches. I can't hate on them for that. They been doing it for the better part of the 2000s, and now into the 2010s.

It was a weak effort from Haye. He realized he couldn't really get inside without putting himself in danger, so he relied the entire fight on lunging inside once a minute, and he either hit one decent punch, or got it ignored by the much bigger Wlad. He talked a lot of crap leading into the fight, and if that was his gameplan was, sorry bro, you don't back it up, don't get no respect from me. Wlad did exactly what he needed to do to win, he did. He didn't get a knockout, but Haye didn't put himself out there for there to be a knockout.

Haye was out for a payday, he got it. 50/50...
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: I won't sit here and say Haye didn't want to win. But the dude couldn't get anything to work for him. His strategy after about round 3 was to fall down every two second prior to lunging in and hoping for a knockout punch.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Haye did want to fight. he s fighting a giant, who threw him down anytime he got close enough to scuffle.

that ref was +$*.

yea Haye flopped that time when cuffed behind the head but damn nothing else was getting the refs attention.

Haye did pretty well to avoid that jab man. he's got alot of skill. bad game plan. where was the body punches?

if he racks Wlads ribs, its not so easy to move away from that overhand right.

Same good steady performance from Wlad tho

haye need to throw in some Tyson film, and watch them double hooks to the body then the finish to the head.
I don't know man.. How many of those times did you see Haye go down when he wasn't flopping?

He had a few of those LeBron James flops where he wasn't even touched and he flinched and tried to go down.

Wlad threw him down? Haye's gameplan was to land ONE big punch, and try to get Wlad to not gain any momentum by flopping every damn round. He was on the floor at least 15 times that fight, and MAYBE three-or-four of those were because of Wlad. Any other fighter in that position going to do that? Ehh..

What did Haye need to get the attention of the ref for? Why does Haye need help from the ref? Fight the goddamn man instead of falling on your $$% every other minute. I don't know where you're coming from here. Wlad was fighting a legitimate fight. Never before have I seen a boxer fall on his $$% as much as I did today. Wlad wasn't leaning on him throughout the fight, whenever they got close, Haye fell to his knees like he was working the corner. It's not like Wlad was bullying him around and leaning on him. When Haye lunged in, they'd get caught up, and Haye would let his legs go and fall to the canvas. Whack.

Talking a lot of what he should have done... Commend Wlad for what he did. Until someone exploits one of these two brothers, they should be getting a lot more respect than they have been given. These aren't two loudmouth punks who rely on roughing their opponents up by roughhousing them. They box. They're boxers. They don't slug it out like a lot of Americans want. They are skilled, talented big men, who know how to win boxing matches. I can't hate on them for that. They been doing it for the better part of the 2000s, and now into the 2010s.

It was a weak effort from Haye. He realized he couldn't really get inside without putting himself in danger, so he relied the entire fight on lunging inside once a minute, and he either hit one decent punch, or got it ignored by the much bigger Wlad. He talked a lot of crap leading into the fight, and if that was his gameplan was, sorry bro, you don't back it up, don't get no respect from me. Wlad did exactly what he needed to do to win, he did. He didn't get a knockout, but Haye didn't put himself out there for there to be a knockout.

Haye was out for a payday, he got it. 50/50...
30t6p3b.gif

EDIT: I won't sit here and say Haye didn't want to win. But the dude couldn't get anything to work for him. His strategy after about round 3 was to fall down every two second prior to lunging in and hoping for a knockout punch.

Wlad threw Haye down? So how come after the ref ruled it a knocked down when Haye flopped, Haye stopped all the BS and didnt get "throw down" since all of a sudden?

Wlad threw Haye down? So how come after the ref ruled it a knocked down when Haye flopped, Haye stopped all the BS and didnt get "throw down" since all of a sudden?

this was the first fight i've seen in a long time. was glad it was on HBO so i could watch. the atmosphere in that place was amazing. the crowd was bonkers

hayes kept looking at the ref over and over again. it was annoying. guess he wanted to be bailed out i dunno. i enjoyed the first half of the fight. Second half was boring except for the last round

this was the first fight i've seen in a long time. was glad it was on HBO so i could watch. the atmosphere in that place was amazing. the crowd was bonkers

hayes kept looking at the ref over and over again. it was annoying. guess he wanted to be bailed out i dunno. i enjoyed the first half of the fight. Second half was boring except for the last round

After all these years of smack talk Haye did nothing. That's what disappoints me the most, everybody ends up getting schooled by the Klitschkos but nobody did more big game talking than Haye. A sad sad Performance.

After all these years of smack talk Haye did nothing. That's what disappoints me the most, everybody ends up getting schooled by the Klitschkos but nobody did more big game talking than Haye. A sad sad Performance.

he went to his knees immediately after he landed the bomb in the 12 that rocked VVlad...

it still wasnt a sad performance.

yall just wanted him to go in there wreckless and eat punches and throw punches in return

Vvlad missed a TON of punches simply off Hayes skill and athletic ability.

only problem was he thought one punch would get rid of the champ.

his strategy was the failure, not his effort.

he went to his knees immediately after he landed the bomb in the 12 that rocked VVlad...

it still wasnt a sad performance.

yall just wanted him to go in there wreckless and eat punches and throw punches in return

Vvlad missed a TON of punches simply off Hayes skill and athletic ability.

only problem was he thought one punch would get rid of the champ.

his strategy was the failure, not his effort.

Back
Top Bottom