2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

Mosely is gonna get the brakes beat off him. Manny is soo much faster than him.

Lets see if Shane & Brother Richardson can come up with some kinda plan to keep him from getting Dominated

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Lets see if Shane & Brother Richardson can come up with some kinda plan to keep him from getting Dominated

Nah man.

Mosley is pretty much finished.

He drew with SERGIO MORA.

Had to re-read that statement, Gunna...thought you said Mosley is gonna beat the brakes off of him.

I just want to know...is this fight seriously gonna generate money like Arum thinks it will? Who in their right mind thinks Mosley has a chance? At least against Floyd...he was coming off the Margarito W.

Hell, if you want to get technical...Mosley hasn't looked good since he fought and lost to Cotto. He looked like garbage against Mayorga until the 12th, I still believe once he got caught...Margarito proved to be extra ordinary, Floyd is well...Floyd, and Sergio Mora makes EVERYBODY look terrible.

EDIT:
laugh.gif
@ B-Hop.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Looks like B-Hop got him shook!

It's execution time!

Yup, Pascal couldn't even look at Bernard straight in the eyes. I got B-Hop winning a decision.
The Mosley/Pacquiao fight should've taken place after Mosley beat Margarito, but Freddy Roach said Mosley was too big for Pacquiao.

However, now that Mosley is over the hill and looked terrible in his recent fights they decide to fight him 
tired.gif
. Manny is going to tear Mosley to shreds. 

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Looks like B-Hop got him shook!

It's execution time!

Yup, Pascal couldn't even look at Bernard straight in the eyes. I got B-Hop winning a decision.
The Mosley/Pacquiao fight should've taken place after Mosley beat Margarito, but Freddy Roach said Mosley was too big for Pacquiao.

However, now that Mosley is over the hill and looked terrible in his recent fights they decide to fight him 
tired.gif
. Manny is going to tear Mosley to shreds. 

That's what I'm sayin man.

Mad dudes (specially Pac fans) was hatin on Floyd for fightin Shane, where they at now?

I mean I woulda taken JMM as a more serious challenge than Shane is at this moment.

Mad dudes (specially Pac fans) was hatin on Floyd for fightin Shane, where they at now?

I mean I woulda taken JMM as a more serious challenge than Shane is at this moment.

word on that yo

laugh.gif
Pascal gets punked.  I've never seen a fighter look so shook that they can't even even maintain eye contact (at the end).

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

word on that yo

?

Floyd was the top option for the Pacquiao camp, but since he hasn't maintained ANY contact with Bob Arum, Bob as promoter had to find another opponent for Pacquiao. Who's really out there really? Shane/JMM/Floyd are the only 3 fights I'd pay for, and with Hopkins saying Pacquiao ducks African-American fighters, Shane is the best next option to shut him up.

Originally Posted by Informerx

word on that yo

?

Floyd was the top option for the Pacquiao camp, but since he hasn't maintained ANY contact with Bob Arum, Bob as promoter had to find another opponent for Pacquiao. Who's really out there really? Shane/JMM/Floyd are the only 3 fights I'd pay for, and with Hopkins saying Pacquiao ducks African-American fighters, Shane is the best next option to shut him up.
The thing is with Shane..

He's done tho man.

And what Bernard said was that he ducks SLICK African-American fighters.

Shane is nowhere near slick.

Compare JMM's recent performance to Shane's recent performance.

exactly why cant PAC fight JMM that's the only fight I would like to see NOBODY and I mean NOBODY thinks Shane is going to beat PAC its not going to happen and if PAC is really interested in fighting Floyd why doesn't he wait until mid JAN so he can find out whats going on with Floyd

Everything was set up perfectly for middleweight Daniel Jacobs. The 2009 ESPN.com prospect of the year had been moved quickly up the pro ranks and was set to fight for a vacant world title July 31 in Las Vegas against little known Russian Dmitry Pirog.

Even though Jacobs' beloved grandmother, Cordelia Jacobs, who helped raise him, had died a week before the fight, he was determined to go through with it. It would have been understandable had he pulled out.

But Jacobs started off well enough and held a slim lead on all three scorecards as the fight went to the fifth round. Then everything fell apart. The prospect was suddenly suspect after Pirog laid him out with a right hand to claim the belt.

[h4]Tweet, tweet[/h4] Don't miss a moment of the latest ....com/ESPNboxing][color=#225db7]Join »[/color][/b]
[/url]

Just like that, the 23-year-old Jacobs was no longer a can't-miss kid. And now, five months later, he returns to the ring claiming that he has learned from his mistakes against Pirog.

"I want to get back on track where I left off," Jacobs said. "There are a few kinks to work out. I lost a fight. I didn't lose my skills. I still got to work on some things. Once they are worked out, I'll be a better fighter and a more experienced fighter."

Jacobs (20-1, 17 KOs) figures to plow through Dallas' Jesse Orta (7-13-2, 4 KOs), who is 1-7-1 in last nine fights, when they meet in an eight-rounder on the untelevised portion of the Jean Pascal-Bernard Hopkins light heavyweight championship fight Saturday night (Showtime, 10 ET/PT) at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City.

While Orta is obviously a lesser-caliber fighter, Jacobs is just eager to get back in the ring and put the loss behind him. One of the things he worked on was staying off the ropes, a mistake he made against Pirog, who took advantage and drilled him.

"Staying off the ropes. That was my main thing," Jacobs said. "I was so used to fighting off the ropes with no worry, but I wasn't fast enough against Pirog, so now we got to go a different route and now stay off the ropes and keep my hands up. You can't just be one-dimensional."

Jacobs got by with the bad habit not only of laying on the ropes, but also leaving his hands down.

"It became clear to me this is something we need to make a priority," he said. "The guys I was sparring wouldn't take advantage of my flaws. Now we're stepping up with the big boys who will capitalize on every mistake. I've learned that."

Jacobs said he's at peace with the defeat and has put it behind him.

"Mentally, I'm fine," he said. "I've taken a loss before [in the amateurs]. It's no different. It's just a sport. Mainly, I want to focus on the things we did wrong. It didn't get me too down or have a traumatic effect on me. I still have the same skills as I had before. I am real excited about the future."

Golden Boy CEO promoter Richard Schaefer said the company still believes strongly in Jacobs' star potential and ability to become a champion.

"He's so young and I think he had this incident with his grandmother dying, who was like his mother. So I think there were distractions," Schaefer said. "Danny was maybe distracted, maybe a little underestimating Pirog, but I think Danny learned from that. You learn from these experiences and you start again."

About a week after the fight, Jacobs watched himself get knocked out on video. He's watched it a few times since. He said what gets to him more than the fact that he was stopped was that a lot of people saw it. But he said he still has confidence because he believes the loss happened because he did something wrong -- lay on the ropes with his hands down.

"It's something I saw that I did wrong in that fight," he said. "It gives me a great boost of confidence because I was still winning the fight. I still feel I belong."

Jacobs hopes to eventually get a rematch with Pirog.

"I want that more than I want a belt and a title shot," Jacobs said. "Deep down in my heart I feel like I can beat this guy. I don't feel I was overmatched. He had a little more experience but I felt I had the skills."

As for the fight Saturday, Jacobs doesn't consider it a big fight but said he has addressed his issues in the gym and is ready get back at it.

"Not that we overlook anyone, but this fight I want to try to target the things I've done wrong," he said. "I dot know if [Orta] will give me the pressure, but I will try to work on the things we said we would work on -- stay off ropes, take away his right hand."
[h3]Prescott wants rematch with Khan[/h3]
box_g_prescott_khan1_576.jpg
John Gichigi/Getty ImagesThere's more where that came from for Amir Khan if Breidis Prescott gets his way.

In 2008, unheralded Breidis Prescott of Colombia went to England and crushed Amir Khan in a mere 54 seconds to pull the huge upset at lightweight. Now they are both junior welterweights -- Khan owns a world title -- and Prescott hopes to fight him again.

"Khan said he specifically chose [Marcos] Maidana for an opponent and kept calling that fight his redemption for being knocked out by me," said Prescott, who is 3-2 since that win. "How does beating anyone other than me make up for what I did to him? If he wants his true redemption, if he truly wants to prove what happened was a fluke and remove all doubt from his name, then let's do it again. I'll go right to his backyard and knock him out again. Maybe he knows that and that's why he chose someone other than me to try and prove what I did wasn't real?"

Warriors Boxing's Leon Margules, who co-promotes Prescott with Lou DiBella, added, "You don't wrestle a polar bear to prove you can beat a tiger. They're two different fighters [Prescott and Maidana]. If Amir Khan wants to erase the memory of what happened to him, there's only one fighter he can do that against. Breidis Prescott is the man who knocked out Amir Khan, so if Khan is looking for true redemption, tell him it's a phone call away."
[h3]Huck faces Lebedev[/h3]
box_g_huck11_576.jpg
Boris Streubel/Getty ImagesMarco Huck, above, is expecting his toughest title defense to date when he meets Denis Lebedev.

Cruiserweight titlist Marco Huck of Germany makes his fifth, and perhaps toughest, title defense against mandatory challenger Denis Lebedev of Russia on Saturday in Berlin.

Lebedev (21-0, 16 KOs), a southpaw, is coming off a spectacular second-round knockout of Alexander Alekseev in a July title eliminator and the fight with Huck (30-1, 23 KOs) figures to be a slugfest.

"You never know, but I have a feeling that this fight will be my toughest test to date. Lebedev is believed to be very strong," Huck said. "He might very well be the best cruiserweight out there after me. Then again, maybe it will be a very easy fight for me. Who knows? It is impossible to tell before a fight. I am highly motivated, so let's see how it goes."

Huck admitted that he is nervous about the fight, but he views his nerves as a good thing.

"Being nervous is a very good sign. It shows that I take the fight seriously and it makes me cautious," Huck said. "I think the fans will witness an exciting clash. We have both proven that we are capable of finishing our opponents. It will be an exciting night."

Lebedev is confident: "Huck is in trouble on Saturday night. He is a very good fighter, and I respect all that he has achieved, but I plan to crush him."

Also on the card: Yoan Pablo Hernandez (22-1, 11 KOs) meets Ali Ismailov (18-3-1, 13 KOs) in a cruiserweight title eliminator with the winner to get a shot at titlist Guillermo Jones or interim titleholder Steve Herelius. Heavyweight contender Alexander Povetkin (20-0, 15 KOs) is also on the card, staying busy against Nicolai Firtha (19-7-1, 8 KOs).

• Super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute's first fight of his new Showtime contract will come March 19 at the Bell Centre in Montreal. One potential opponent under discussion for Bute (27-0, 22 KOs) is Brian Magee (34-3-1, 24 KOs) of Northern Ireland. On the undercard, junior featherweight titlist Steve "The Canadian Kid" Molitor will make a mandatory defense against South Africa's Takalani Ndlovu (31-6, 18 KOs), whom Molitor has already defeated twice. Top Rank's Carl Moretti told ESPN.com he had worked out a deal with Bute promoter InterBox to put Molitor's fight on the card "but we don't know if it will be on Showtime," he said. "It was a natural. Molitor brings a crowd from Toronto to Montreal and that helps Bute and the Montreal crowd gets exposed to Molitor, so it's a win-win." Top Rank owns the rights to Molitor-Ndlovu after winning a recent purse bid for $215,000. It will be the first fight for Molitor (33-1, 12 KOs) since signing with Top Rank.

• Middleweight champion Sergio Martinez and interim titlist Sebastian Zbik have been ordered by the WBC to begin negotiations on the mandatory fight. If the sides decide to not make a deal, a purse bid has been scheduled for Jan. 7. Martinez, however, is coming off a huge second-round knockout win against Paul Williams in their Nov. 20 rematch and is looking for a much higher-profile fight, so it is unlikely he will face Zbik, meaning he might be stripped of his alphabet title -- although he is the lineal champion.

• In the immediate aftermath of Maidana's exciting (but losing) performance against Khan in their junior welterweight title bout last Saturday in Las Vegas, Golden Boy's Schaefer, who promotes Khan and co-promotes Maidana, and DiBella talked about a possible fight next year between Maidana and Andre Berto. Berto is in the running to land a May 7 shot against Manny Pacquiao, but he's a long shot to get the fight. However, it looks like a Berto-Maidana fight is unlikely. "Richard said he would explore it, but he needs to talk to Maidana and HBO told me [Wednesday] that they didn't think it would happen because Maidana wants to stay at 140," DiBella said. "HBO would be happy to buy the fight, but they don't think it can be made."

• Junior middleweight prospect Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (35-0-1, 26 KOs), a 20-year-old rising Mexican star, scored a near-shutout of former junior welterweight titlist Lovemore N'Dou on Dec. 4 in Mexico, but is headed back to the United States for his next fight. Schaefer said Alvarez's next bout likely will take place at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles in February or March. Schaefer said two opponents being discussed are welterweight titleholder Vyacheslav Senchenko and European welterweight champ Matthew Hatton, younger brother of Ricky Hatton. Schaefer said he was working with HBO to come up with a date because the network is interested in putting on Alvarez's next fight.

• The Klitschko brothers' K2 Promotions usually only has boxing cards televised on major German network RTL when either of them are fighting. But for the first time K2 and RTL are putting on a non-Klitschko card Feb. 26 in Ludwigsburg, Germany, when K2 heavyweight Johnathon Banks (25-1-1, 17 KOs) headlines against Germany's Luan Krasniqi (30-4-1, 14 KOs), the former European champion who is quite popular in his home country. "Krasniqi is definitely the toughest opponent I have fought as a heavyweight," said Banks, a former cruiserweight who has fought numerous times in Germany on Klitschko undercards. "I have a lot of respect for him but will not underestimate him and I will be in good shape to put on a great performance. I am the wrong opponent for him to choose as a comeback fight. I am 11 years younger than him and in the prime of my career." Krasniqi, who has lost two in a row by knockout to Alexander Dimitrenko and Tony Thompson, hasn't fought in two years. "I am looking forward to this opportunity to challenge a top-rated fighter like Banks because a win will move me closer to a fight with one of the Klitschkos," Krasniqi said. "I know that Banks is very talented and fast but he is not a big puncher and I will be ready for this fight. I am returning to the ring to get that title shot against Klitschko, not for the glory, attention, money or any other reason. I want to become the second German world heavyweight champion after Max Schmeling."

• British heavyweight prospect Tyson Fury (12-0, 9 KOs), now being trained by Hall of Famer Emanuel Steward, makes his North American debut Saturday night on the Pascal-Hopkins undercard in Quebec City. Fury will face Galen Brown (33-15-1, 20 KOs), who is 1-5 in last six with four knockout losses in the stretch. But even though the 6-foot-9 Fury, 22, has been considered soft, he had a rigorous training camp preparing for the fight. He trained in the camp of heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, whom Steward also trains, while he was getting ready to defend the title against Dereck Chisora. Klitschko-Chisora was eventually called off four days before the fight because of Klitschko's torn abdominal muscle. Fury, however, found it beneficial to train alongside the champ. "Camp with Wlad was terrific," Fury said. "It gave me a great deal of confidence to train alongside such a champion. I'm in terrific shape and very happy to be fighting on such a stellar bill with Pascal and Hopkins."

• Top Rank closes out "Top Rank Live" series Saturday night (Fox Deportes, 10 ET) when Mexican star Jorge Arce (55-6-2, 42 KOs), who gave up his junior bantamweight title earlier this year, faces Colombia's Adolfo Ramos (18-10-1, 10 KOs) in a junior featherweight bout in Campeche, Mexico. Arce hopes to get a shot against junior featherweight titlist Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. in 2011. Also on the card, Mexico's Ramon Garcia (14-1-1, 8 KOs) defends his junior flyweight title against Puerto Rico's Omar Soto (15-6-1, 6 KOs), a former title challenger who took the fight this week in place of Panama's Carlos Melo, who dropped out for undisclosed reasons.
[h3]Quotables[/h3]
"I'm going to knock out Mike Walker in two rounds. My mother could knock him out in two rounds." -- former welterweight champ Ricardo Mayorga, making a prediction on how his first fight in 27 months will go when he faces Walker in a middleweight bout on Don King's card at Miami's American Airlines Arena on Friday night.

"I would love to fight them. I'm ready to fight anybody. The Klitschko brothers offer their opponents little money. If they want to fight me and offer the right amount of money, I will fight them. HBO is interested in a fight with David Haye." -- heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek, who knocked out Vinny Maddalone last week, on his desire to fight for a world title.

Your weekly random thoughts …

• I was quite surprised by all of the negativity I read and heard when it came to the recent election of Sylvester Stallone to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Stallone will be inducted into the Canastota, N.Y., shrine on June 12 along with such luminaries as Mike Tyson, Julio Cesar Chavez and Kostya Tszyu. Stallone is not going in as a fighter. He was elected in the "observer" category, and I think it's a well-deserved honor.

Stallone, who officially was elected as a screenwriter, created the most iconic fictional fighter ever: Rocky Balboa, the underdog pug who would go on, in sequels, to win the heavyweight championship. The original "Rocky" film, which Stallone wrote and starred in, was nominated for 10 Academy Awards and won three, including best picture. (In the spirit of full disclosure, when my wife and I were introduced to our guests as a married couple for the first time at our wedding reception, the band played the theme from "Rocky" as we entered the ballroom.)

Ultimately, Stallone would star in six "Rocky" movies and will forever be associated with boxing because of it.

Stallone's election makes perfect sense. His "Rocky" movies inspired millions of people and an untold number of future fighters. Besides, every sports Hall of Fame has members who didn't actually compete. There are sports officials, executives and media members in various Halls of Fame, including boxing, which has inducted several writers and authors (the great Budd Schulberg, for example).

No less an authority than Tyson himself loved that he would be going in with Stallone.

"You know how awesome that is," Tyson told me over the phone the other day when we were discussing his own election. "You know how many fighters he inspired from that movie? He had a helluva movie. He contributed to boxing. The body of work he created contributed to boxing. He contributed more than some champions did. You gotta contribute. You have referees -- they contribute even though they didn't fight. [Stallone made a] big-time contribution."

• We got a great fight Saturday night on HBO -- maybe the fight of the year, between Amir Khan and Marcos Maidana -- and then HBO handled the end of the telecast like a train wreck. I was stunned by how poorly HBO dealt with the postfight coverage when I viewed the telecast on my DVR on Monday after returning from Las Vegas. HBO, the so-called network of champions, was more like the network of tomato cans. We had just seen a tremendous fight filled with drama, and one that had significant implications in the junior welterweight division in which HBO is so heavily invested. There were important questions that needed to be asked about the fight and the future. Yet HBO's Larry Merchant was hung out to dry when his interviews with the two fighters were cut laughably short on orders from the production truck. In total, the postfight interviews lasted 65 seconds, with Khan getting one question and Maidana two. As weak as that was, what angered me was what followed -- a 2-minute, 5-second promo for the network's "24/7" hockey series. In other words, the promo ran almost double the length of the interviews. HBO was more concerned with promoting a show than covering the important event that had just concluded, especially one that was so dramatic. Bad job. I asked HBO spokesman Ray Stallone if he could explain. He said that "we had an obligation to get off the air by 8:30 [PT]" to make room for the West Coast premier of the documentary "Lombardi." Even if that's the case, then you dump the promo and extend the interviews. Instead, HBO did viewers a huge disservice. To make matters worse, announcer Jim Lampley read copy saying we would see highlights from HBO's 2010 boxing season since this was the last show of the year. And then those highlights never materialized and the telecast ended abruptly. Just brutal all the way around. HBO used to treat its boxing telecasts first class. No more. Now they just seem like an afterthought. Get 'em on and get 'em off.

• While on the topic of HBO's telecast, which was a tight show -- too tight, obviously -- how about this: HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg has repeatedly promised that the network would do everything it could to make the Jan. 29 junior welterweight unification fight between Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley Jr. as big as it could. Obviously, that's not the case. If true, HBO would have used Saturday's show to build up their showdown (the network's next boxing telecast) on a night that Khan, the other big name in the division, fought -- especially because Alexander and Bradley were ringside and the winner looms next year for Khan. HBO could have easily talked to Alexander and Bradley between fights Saturday. That's how you stoke interest. Had this been a Showtime card, you know there would have been interviews. HBO just doesn't get it.

• My, how a promoter's opinion can change when there's money involved. Promoter Gary Shaw made a deal to bring Alexander-Bradley, a fight he's co-promoting with Don King, to the Silverdome in Pontiac, Mich. Shaw and King are receiving a site fee of around $500,000 to bring the fight there, according to a source with knowledge of the deal. However, it was not long ago -- March, to be exact -- that Shaw promoted Andre Dirrell's disqualification win against Arthur Abraham in Detroit. After Abraham knocked Dirrell cold with an illegal blow, many were critical of Michigan boxing officials for their poor handling of Dirrell's medical needs in the immediate aftermath of the fight. "I just don't think [Michigan] has enough big-fight experience," Shaw told Sports Illustrated after the fight. Guess now they do. Or maybe it's just that the price is right.

• So why exactly did King have ammunition for .38-caliber and .357-caliber guns in his carry-on luggage at the Cleveland airport the other day? According to the Palm Beach Post, King said, "It was just inadvertent. I didn't realize that a few little bullets were in there. I applaud the TSA for being on the job." Yeah, inadvertent. OK. But why exactly were they in there in the first place?

• It's too bad that the only dates set for Floyd Mayweather Jr. are court dates instead of fight dates.

• Shoot. Dec. 5 was the 35th anniversary of Jose Sulaiman being elected president for life of the wretched WBC, and I forgot to send a card. My bad.

• Not shocked at all that the talked-about Sergio Martinez-Miguel Cotto fight isn't going to happen next. Top Rank is too smart to sacrifice Cotto to Martinez when it can still make a rematch with Antonio Margarito (which will be a more commercially successful fight) and keep everything in-house.

• Enjoyed the semifinals of Showtime's bantamweight tournament. Abner Mares showed he has the chops to be a future champion, the way he rallied to defeat Vic Darchinyan. Now Mares meets Joseph Agbeko in the final, which should be another terrific fight. The consolation match between Darchinyan and Yonnhy Perez also looks like a winner. It's just too bad that the semifinals were so overshadowed by HBO's higher-profile Khan-Maidana fight.

• Speaking of Khan, you can bet his next fight won't be against the Alexander-Bradley winner. Khan figures to eventually fight the winner, but two fights down the road. Khan's next fight probably will be in England in the spring, before a possible summer fight with the winner. So for Khan's fight in England, I'd be interested in seeing him face Zab Judah, whom Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer mentioned as a possibility after Khan-Maidana. Judah was ringside to watch, scouting I'm sure.

• And speaking of Maidana, his stock rose in defeat. He's always going to be in good fights. He can't help himself. How about this match, a can't-miss action fight for Argentina bragging rights: Maidana against countryman Lucas Matthysse, who also makes exciting fights and lost a nail-biter to Judah last month.

• Great story from the aftermath of Khan-Maidana: Khan went to the hospital in Las Vegas as a precaution and to get a CT scan. In order to be discharged from the hospital, you need to provide identification. Khan didn't have any since he had come directly from the fight. So one of the people with them used his credential with Khan's picture on it to convince the nurse to let him leave.

• It was great to see Nick Charles, who has been battling cancer, back at ringside calling the action on Top Rank's recent Dec. 4 pay-per-view card.

• If Joan Guzman fought Jose Luis Castillo would either of them make weight?

• So now former heavyweight champ Evander Holyfield has two fights on the schedule, a Jan. 22 bout with Sherman Williams, which had been previously called off at least twice, followed by a March 5 fight in Denmark against Brian Nielsen. How sad.

• I'd love to see a fight between Giovani Segura and Roman Gonzalez. They're the two biggest hitters in the smallest division. Segura is moving up to flyweight and Gonzalez figures to be there eventually. If they ever fight, somebody's getting knocked out.

• Happy birthday to pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, who turns 32 on Friday. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who celebrated his 79th birthday on Dec. 8, is in the Philippines along with trainer Freddie Roach to attend Pacquiao's birthday bash.

• And happy birthday to Goossen Tutor matchmaker Tom Brown, who turned 51 on Tuesday.

• DVD pick of the week: I love a good action fight, and a friend of mine recently sent me some beautiful DVDs of one of the great action fighters in boxing history, former light heavyweight champ and Hall of Famer Matthew Saad Muhammad. So I started watching beginning with the best of all his fights -- July 13, 1980, at the Great Gorge Playboy Club in McAfee, N.J., where he waged an epic classic with Yaqui Lopez. Muhammad had stopped Lopez in the 11th round of an exciting regional title bout in 1978 (also got that DVD), but in the rematch they met for Muhammad's light heavyweight world title and fought an even more intense fight than the first one. Lopez dominated the early rounds, but Muhammad began to turn things around later in the fight, including in the sensational eighth-round, which was fought toe-to-toe. Finally, Muhammad (using his wicked right hand) dropped the tough-as-nails Lopez four times in the 14th round for the dramatic victory, which wound up being the 1980 fight of the year.

word on that yo

?

He's done tho man.

.............like I said the first time, Floyd was the first option, but since he didn't step up, they had to look for other fights. There's really no African American worthy of Pac now other than those 2.......so what is he supposed to do?

word on that yo

?

He's done tho man.

.............like I said the first time, Floyd was the first option, but since he didn't step up, they had to look for other fights. There's really no African American worthy of Pac now other than those 2.......so what is he supposed to do?
He doesn't have to fight an African American because Bernard Hopkins says he ducks them.
laugh.gif

He could fight better opposition so he wouldn't be criticized by the critics (which is near impossible since it's Pacquiao).

But the thing is Shane HAS NOT looked good, he got whooped by Floyd for 12 rounds and drew with SERGIO MORA.

JMM TKO'd Katsidis...

And if he really wanted to fight an African American fighter, there's always Andre Berto.

LAS VEGAS (AP)—A Las Vegas judge has issued an outstanding arrest warrant for boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. on a misdemeanor battery complaint alleging he poked a security guard in the face several times.

Las Vegas police Officer Bill Cassel said Thursday that the warrant issued Dec. 8 requires Mayweather to turn himself in or face arrest at any time.

FILE - This Sept. 10, 2010, f…

AP - Dec 7, 7:16 pm EST Boxing Gallery Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Tony Abbatangelo signed the arrest warrant for Mayweather after a Dec. 7 hearing, then immediately recalled it. It was reinstated after prosecutors complained Mayweather had received special treatment.

The battery allegation stems from a Nov. 15 confrontation over parking tickets between the undefeated champion and a security guard outside Mayweather’s home.

Mayweather faces a a six-month jail sentence and a $1,000 fine if convicted

ap-e148181f2b7d4d21ad24b91b69ea2fe2.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...r-vegasscuffle

Alright this has to be said. Why is Lucian Bute gettin so much hype??? I just dont understand. Not saying he is just ultra trash but dude has yet to fight a B+ fighter. The boxing world is making it seem like the Super 6 has to prove themselves to get a shot at Bute. A complete joke in my book. Any thoughts my fellow boxing heads?
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Alright this has to be said. Why is Lucian Bute gettin so much hype??? I just dont understand. Not saying he is just ultra trash but dude has yet to fight a B+ fighter. The boxing world is making it seem like the Super 6 has to prove themselves to get a shot at Bute. A complete joke in my book. Any thoughts my fellow boxing heads?
embarassed.gif

I never got the hype about him either.

Him and Lemieux are Canada's only hope after this Saturday.
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
Dope avy
pimp.gif
 B-Hop is that dude

And if he really wanted to fight an African American fighter, there's always Andre Berto.

laugh.gif
. That'd be a worse fight than Mosley. Berto fights bums and is a product of being HBO's golden child. He needs to get a new trainer, maybe getting his brains beat in will make him realize that. He doesn't deserve the right to fight a guy like Pac (or Floyd).

Wish he'd fight JMM though.

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
Dope avy
pimp.gif
 B-Hop is that dude

Thanks man.

It's from an interview he had before the Trinidad fight.

And yes, B-Hop is the business.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom