2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by thacapt

And if he really wanted to fight an African American fighter, there's always Andre Berto.

laugh.gif
. That'd be a worse fight than Mosley. Berto fights bums and is a product of being HBO's golden child. He needs to get a new trainer, maybe getting his brains beat in will make him realize that. He doesn't deserve the right to fight a guy like Pac (or Floyd).

Wish he'd fight JMM though.
laugh.gif

But atleast he looked "good" in his last fight..

Can't say that bout Pac's previous 3 opps.

Alright this has to be said. Why is Lucian Bute gettin so much hype??? I just dont understand. Not saying he is just ultra trash but dude has yet to fight a B+ fighter. The boxing world is making it seem like the Super 6 has to prove themselves to get a shot at Bute. A complete joke in my book. Any thoughts my fellow boxing heads?

ill take a shot. bute has ko'ed legitimate opponents in impressive fashion during this super 6 time period. with the exception of the abraham/taylor and froch/kessler, the fights in the super 6 haven't been crowd pleasing. ward has been dominate, but his constant mauling and holding style limits just how marketable he is to the general public. dirrell makes 'em miss but doesn't do much else. kessler and abraham were pretty much exposed.  froch has a large, unwavering english following that discourages a lot of people in the US from appreciating his skills. in the end, the boxing world wants to push the fighter that can get more casual fans to buy the fights. bute is that fighter...for the moment. 

And if he really wanted to fight an African American fighter, there's always Andre Berto.

I didn't say he had to fight an African American, I said if he were to fight an African American, his options are slim. And last time I checked, Berto was Haitian.........

Originally Posted by Informerx

I didn't say he had to fight an African American, I said if he were to fight an African American, his options are slim. And last time I checked, Berto was Haitian.........
laugh.gif

Don't go there.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Pac can always go down to 140 and fight either Alexander or Bradley.  

I believe he wanted JMM at 145 or 147 (can't remember exact number).

Why would he go to 140 to fight the winner of Devon-Tim?

If he's going down to 140, there's no reason he shouldn't fight JMM. He was willing to move from lightweight to fight Khan so I'd sure he'd move to fight Manny again. I don't think anyone at 140 is beating him anyways *shrugs*

BTW, Bute is a great fighter. The one thing people hold against him in the first Andrade fight and rightfully so, he should have lost that fight. But he dominated him for 11 rounds and beat the brakes off of him for the 4 rounds in the 2nd right. Kessler hit Andrade with everything he had to the head and body and couldn't put him down. Resume is light but the top dudes he's fought, he's dominated. But 168 is deep I could see him losing to Ward, Froch or Kessler and I could see all of them losing to Bute.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If he's going down to 140, there's no reason he shouldn't fight JMM. He was willing to move from lightweight to fight Khan so I'd sure he'd move to fight Manny again. I don't think anyone at 140 is beating him anyways *shrugs*

BTW, Bute is a great fighter. The one thing people hold against him in the first Andrade fight and rightfully so, he should have lost that fight. But he dominated him for 11 rounds and beat the brakes off of him for the 4 rounds in the 2nd right. Kessler hit Andrade with everything he had to the head and body and couldn't put him down. Resume is light but the top dudes he's fought, he's dominated. But 168 is deep I could see him losing to Ward, Froch or Kessler and I could see all of them losing to Bute.
30t6p3b.gif

That first Andrade fight showed Canada likes to protect they fighters.

True, but the second fight showed that the first 11 rounds wasn't a fluke and that Bute has big power in both hands.

True, but the second fight showed that the first 11 rounds wasn't a fluke and that Bute has big power in both hands.

I know.

I knew Bute was handing Andrades @#$ to him.

But everyone knows Bute shoulda taken the L.

Originally Posted by BennyBlanko

Alright this has to be said. Why is Lucian Bute gettin so much hype??? I just dont understand. Not saying he is just ultra trash but dude has yet to fight a B+ fighter. The boxing world is making it seem like the Super 6 has to prove themselves to get a shot at Bute. A complete joke in my book. Any thoughts my fellow boxing heads?

ill take a shot. bute has ko'ed legitimate opponents in impressive fashion during this super 6 time period. with the exception of the abraham/taylor and froch/kessler, the fights in the super 6 haven't been crowd pleasing. ward has been dominate, but his constant mauling and holding style limits just how marketable he is to the general public. dirrell makes 'em miss but doesn't do much else. kessler and abraham were pretty much exposed.  froch has a large, unwavering english following that discourages a lot of people in the US from appreciating his skills. in the end, the boxing world wants to push the fighter that can get more casual fans to buy the fights. bute is that fighter...for the moment. 
Well said... Just wanting to hear other opinions. Cant really argue with that. Thanks for sharing

Bute is a very good fighter he also has been sparring Glenn Johnson daily for his last few camps so they both are getting great work done at a world class level .
Pac whips Bradley and Alexander pretty handily , Berto need to step up his comp but 147 is kinda thin right now

Calzaghe may have been a bit slappy but in his Prime he beats every fighter in the super six .

Random but if Randall Bailey was younger i would have loved to see him fight Maidana it would be bombs away

I see what youre sayin, but I just feel if we are mentioning his fights with Andrade as his showcase fights, he hasnt been truly tested yet. Beating Andrade just doesnt convince me. Andrade is like the Juan Urango of the 168 lb division
grin.gif
laugh.gif
  However, I do see him posting great fighs with the top dogs.. I guess Im just salty cuz theyre making it seem like the Super 6 fighters have to climb a  mountain to get a shot at this guy.
mad.gif

Honest question, Manny vs. the likes of Marvelous, Sugar Ray, etc.

I think he fits in nicely and can win those fights

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Honest question, Manny vs. the likes of Marvelous, Sugar Ray, etc.

I think he fits in nicely and can win those fights

I think he can beat Hagler by UD (he aint knocking him out, lol)  but lose by UD to Sugar Ray. 

Back
Top Bottom