2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by RoOk

Can somebody explain what Protected picks & Non-Protected picks mean? I'm juss a little confused
One of the picks is top 5 protected, which means if t he pick lands between the 1-5 spot, the knicks get it back.

however, if its 6 and below, the rockets get it.  get it?

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

The Knicks pick isn't protected?

If they do swing out this summer, they could be in the lottery.
The Knicks 2011 pick is protected if its 1-5

The Knicks 2012 pick is protected if its #1.

...or is it the other way around?

Gay is assisted on 40% of his shots and Brewer is assisted on 74% of his. You can win a championship with Gay as your #2 or 3 guy, but I doubt you could with Brewer as one of your starters. It's not even worth the discussion time so I'm not sure why I looked up stats.

Can somebody explain what Protected picks & Non-Protected picks mean? I'm juss a little confused

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Gay is assisted on 40% of his shots and Brewer is assisted on 74% of his. You can win a championship with Gay as your #2 or 3 guy, but I doubt you could with Brewer as one of your starters. It's not even worth the discussion time so I'm not sure why I looked up stats.
LOL @ Rudy as the #2 option on a championship team. EuroLeague or NBA? Can't possibly be talking about an NBA Championship squad. Can't believe you even said that.

Just to remind everyone, this trade could not happen without pau trade

we used jcritt to get back our 1st from Washington. If we hadn't of done that, we couldn't have made this trade.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

LOL @ Rudy as the #2 option on a championship team. EuroLeague or NBA? Can't possibly be talking about an NBA Championship squad. Can't believe you even said that.

The Spurs couldn't have taken it home with Rudy as a #2 ?
roll.gif

The Spurs couldn't have taken it home with Rudy as a #2 ?
roll.gif
Ugh, which Spurs team are you referring to? THIS Spurs team? Come on dude. You can't be serious.

Use more than 1 laughing man, maybe that will cause you to convince yourself even more.

Why you think teams wanted to pair him with guys like Wade or Lebron? Rudy is a great 2nd option, but can't lead a team. Similar to Pau Gasol.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by RoOk

One of the picks is top 5 protected, which means if t he pick lands between the 1-5 spot, the knicks get it back.

however, if its 6 and below, the rockets get it.  get it?
Thanks man, that cleared it up

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

The Knicks pick isn't protected?

If they do swing out this summer, they could be in the lottery.
The Knicks 2011 pick is protected if its 1-5

The Knicks 2012 pick is protected if its #1.

...or is it the other way around?

I think its the other way around because they wont be as bad next year with their hopeful summer acquisitions, so they want top 5 protected for 2012.

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

I need the Lakers, Celts, or Magic to win the chip this year. If Cleveland doesnt win it all im 100% certain that James will come here along with bosh
pimp.gif
That team in Cleveland is loaded now with jamison in the mix they have no excuses imo
I agree, I dont see why Lebron would stay if they dont win it all this year

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
DCAllAmerican wrote:

So,  is ronnie brewer a number 2 option? Maybe in the EuroLeague huh?

NOBODY is winning a ring with ROnnie BRewer as a #2 option. I didn't use that as a basis for this argument. HE did. LOL

Hell no he isn't a #2 option.

It is the other way around.

2011 - Top 1 protected. Anything outside of 1, the Rockets have the right to swap. (Knics can't trade this pick outright) So, the Knicks would still have a 1st rounder, but it'd be Houston's. Not sure what happens if Houston ends up with a higher pick though. Does it carry over or is it one and done, swap or not.

2012 - Top 5 protected. Lands in the top 5, probably 2013 unprotected.

NOBODY is winning a ring with ROnnie BRewer as a #2 option. I didn't use that as a basis for this argument. HE did. LOL

So is your argument is that Brewer is better? If so, how about you explain why you think Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. Because statistically Gay is better. 

Uptown1090Slime wrote:
I need the Lakers, Celts, or Magic to win the chip this year. If Cleveland doesnt win it all im 100% certain that James will come here along with bosh
pimp.gif
That team in Cleveland is loaded now with jamison in the mix they have no excuses imo

laugh.gif

i just want Lebron to leave cleveland so these "cavs fans" will finally stop talking smack and disappear then go back to being irrelevant again

but honestly though the cavs are probably gonna win it all this year...jamison made them that much better

I thought if in 2011 if Knicks get first pick, they get the pick, if not, Houston does. And then in 2012, if the Knicks get first to fifth pick, it's theirs, and if not then its Houstons. Right? No carry over.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

So is your argument is that Brewer is better? If so, how about you explain why you think Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. Because statistically Gay is better. 

Why are we still having this conversation anyway?
laugh.gif

Rudy is arguably one of the top SF's in the league, yet Brewer suppose to be better than him? I've seen Rudy take over games with Iguodala guarding him, he went at Durant, went at Melo, etc. If he's on, its extremely hard to stop him because you can't block his shot. He can shoot, slash and finish over most big men guarding the rim. No, I don't think he'll be a superstar at this point, but he's an all-star caliber SF. Why is this even an debate?
laugh.gif

Yeah, if 2011 it's #1, NY keeps it.

But 2012, top 5 protected. Top 5 NY keeps it. But I doubt it's top 5, then it's tough luck Houston.

Gotta be like the 2010 pick, and it decreases in protection as time goes on.

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

Statistically he SHOOTS OUTSIDE shots better. That is IT. So HOW can you make a BROAD statement saying statistically Rudy is better?

Ronnie:
Less TOS
MORE Assists
Higher FG%
More steals
LESS fouls even though he is MORE aggressive on the defensive end ( How is that possible
laugh.gif
)

http://www.draftexpress.c.../Ronnie-Brewer-64/stats/

http://www.draftexpress.c...ofile/Rudy-Gay-34/stats/

So when Curry comes off the books for NY and they have more cap space and the collective bargaining agreement lowers players salaries like it's speculated, they have a chance at Melo or CP3 as well??

I think Riley played this right. At least Miami knows we can go get Stoudemire if we can't get Bosh.And i wanna see what McGrady has left in the tank. Im just glad he is gonna get to play now.

Back
Top Bottom