2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

I think the issue is that to get salaries to match, they would've needed Richard Jefferson, which would kill SAS at the wing.

Edit: and I doubt PHX would've taken on Jefferson. I see no matches between the two teams.

I would have given up hill or blair but not both. So its a good move imo.
We are still getting older and those are the only two young good talents we have

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

any idea if and when Mcgrady will play?
saturday v. the thunder
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If it's not LeBron, it's not the end of the world and they're still FAR better off than they were before all this..
that's the bottom line. The franchise was running in circles for years trying to make up for a bad move by making another. It's finally over.

You have no idea how good that sounds.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by franchise3

If the Knicks strike out in 2010, what makes them think they'll have a better shot in 2011?
Do you think they completely fan on 2010 though? I don't...

Maybe not LeBron, but I still think they're looking at one of Wade, Bosh, Amare... Then hold off another year and you've got a TON of cap space plus Curry's contract... Whether that means somebody panics and you can absorb money through trade or you wait it out and try again next offseason, there are still PLENTY of options...

That's the point. The Knicks haven't locked themselves into a "We have to do something NOW" scenario... They have option
Hypothetically, if the Knicks do strike out (they won't), as a fan I can't take another season of intentional losing.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

GOOD players is what I meant to type.....
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you lyin

no really....
grin.gif
nerd.gif

But MAMBA MVP it LOOKS good on paper but look how RJ has been playing...
smh.gif

I just don't trust STAT would put up numbers like he dose in PHX because TP is a shoot first PG...
Unlike like Nash...

Scooby???..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I assumed thats what the "Do Be Doo" was for
laugh.gif
. I haven't seen too much of the Spurs this year so I don't know how RJ has been playing, but if you get the opportunity to get an All-Star player for marginal role players when you are supposedly want to win a title you do it, no question. I also don't know why people think Nash made STAT...Amare was doin' work both years before Steve came in. I know he makes the game easier for him, but it's not like Amare can't play without him. That deal would have given you guys one of the best if not the best frontline in the league.

The Suns are for sure the biggest losers today. Can't believe they didn't get Amare delt anywhere, should have taken whatever the Heat were offering just to get something out of it. They aren't a contender this year and now they are going to let Amare walk for nothing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. He needs the minutes

roll.gif

he cant shoot and his defense is overrated. rudy gay is twice the player brewer will ever be

and a old steve nash is still balling, that deal wasnt bad at all

Ronnie Brewer is better than Rudy Gay. He needs the minutes
indifferent.gif

Son couldn't hit a jumper if his life depened on it.  He's a good player granted, better defender than Rudy but he ain't better than him

What does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie beside shoot? Rudy can't even create for himself for the most part.

What does Rudy Gay do better than Ronnie beside shoot? Rudy can't even create for himself for the most part.
Shooting isn't enough? I thought you win basketball games by scoring.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by BangDak

Im not sure. someone posted it earlier in the past few pages. i dont think its true though, dudes are just writing whatever on twitter and some people believe it.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64842/20100218/sixers_bucks_agree_to_meeks_deal/[/h1]
[h1]Sixers, Bucks Agree To Meeks Deal[/h1]

Feb 18, 2010 12:49 PM EST

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed to a trade that will send JodieMeeks and Francisco Elson to the Philadelphia 76ers for Primoz Brezec,Royal Ivey and a second round pick, two league sources told ESPN's ChadFord.

Meeks became somewhat expendable for Milwaukee following their trade with Chicago for John Salmons.

Via ESPN

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64842/20100218/sixers_bucks_agree_to_meeks_deal/#

indifferent.gif

We lost a draft pick?  So we traded garbage for garbage

Back
Top Bottom