2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

The Indiana Pacers were in talks to send T.J. Ford and Brandon Rush to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for .J. Augustin, Gerald Henderson and Nazr Mohammed, a source close to the talks told ESPN.com. However, those talks fell apart in the last hour of the trade deadline, sources told ESPN.com.

The Bobcats, who are making a strong push for the playoffs, felt like Ford would be an upgrade in their backcourt. Ford, who has fallen out of the starting lineup in Indiana, also would've provided insurance for the Bobcats with starting point guard, Raymond Felton, being an unrestricted free agent this summer.

It's unclear why the deal fell apart

Originally Posted by franchise3

Word, I'd give up Hill + Blair for Stat easily.

Bhz, rumor is Brewer to the Grizz for a protected pick. Not a bad pickup
pimp.gif
@ this if true.

A great athlete and solid defender. Should be a decent option to replace Rudy if he cannot be re-signed in the summer.

Stoudemire likely staying with Suns

Barring an unexpected trade offer materializing in the final fewhours, Amar’e Stoudemire’s agent expects him to remain with the PhoenixSuns for the rest of the season.

As a Suns source told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday, a trade with the Miami Heat is a “longshot, at best.

I'd do that if I was the Spurs. Y'all would have the best frontcourt in the league. Hill and Blair are nice players but Amare is an allstar bigman.

spurs gotta realize they're not winning %@+ this year with that team and their windows closing if the lakers havent already slammed that ishh shut

If the Spurs would have pulled the trigger:

Starting 5:

Parker
whoever @ SG
RJ
STAT
Duncan

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

plus you still have Manu coming off the bench, that right there is definitely on par with the Lakers.

Spurs organization needs to realize they are the Celtics of the West, old and window of opportunity is almost shut. Even if Amare left, you make this deal and would have a great chance of winning a title this year, which with the team constructed as it is now, they don't have a shot.

Originally Posted by blackxme

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Two great players

roll.gif
You really think that highly of Hill and Blair?
Dude you're trippin'.

GOOD players is what I meant to type.....
grin.gif

I just think the Spurs are looking into the future with hill and blair...
Not just for STAT to stay here for a few months then leave....
smh.gif

/\ That definitely is not on par with the Lakers...I don't know what the hell you're talking about

Especially with "whoever @ SG" and bum #%% Richard Jefferson there.

laugh.gif
If the Spurs turned that down...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And Mike, I just think when you let it get this far, you trade him just to get him outta there.. Giving him away for Z and Hickson is stupid.. But letting those talks leak out, piss him off, have him convinced he's leaving AGAIN and then pull him back and tell him too damn bad? It's dumb. Just very poorly handled by Kerr and Sarver.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

GOOD players is what I meant to type.....
grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you lyin

no really....
grin.gif
nerd.gif

But MAMBA MVP it LOOKS good on paper but look how RJ has been playing...
smh.gif

I just don't trust STAT would put up numbers like he dose in PHX because TP is a shoot first PG...
Unlike like Nash...

Scooby???..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

If the Spurs would have pulled the trigger:

Starting 5:

Parker
whoever @ SG
RJ
STAT
Duncan

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

plus you still have Manu coming off the bench, that right there is definitely on par with the Lakers.

Spurs organization needs to realize they are the Celtics of the West, old and window of opportunity is almost shut. Even if Amare left, you make this deal and would have a great chance of winning a title this year, which with the team constructed as it is now, they don't have a shot.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Spurs
laugh.gif
  God I love those guys. 

Phoenix just got ZERO for stat.  Horrible horrible move.  Sign old Nash for 3 years, and then let the youngest best asset they have walk for nothing.  I love these guys too. 
roll.gif

Buncha morons in the western conference. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom