2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Anyone else see Broussard? The Knicks are going to have to give up a bunch of picks to get rid of Jeffries.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I hope we can get somebody decent back for Kirk... Sad to think about him going now
ohwell.gif
Sasha/Morrison for Kirk DO IT MITCH!!!

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I hope we can get somebody decent back for Kirk... Sad to think about him going now
ohwell.gif
Sasha/Morrison for Kirk DO IT MITCH!!!
Just the thought of us having Devin Brown, Pargo, and Vujacic as our starting 2 guards for the rest of the season 
sick.gif

In the end I really think that LeBron, Wade and Bosh stay so I think Knick fans better get ready for Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson mix.

i dont get why the knicks would keep any picks since the only real goo player they have drafted was ewing

give em the picks, yall gona add players with all tha cap space....

are people really saying Landry is better than Martin?
I think this adds something to our team that we didnt have before. Cause with Yao back, we have the Low Post scoring we wont have this season.

Petrie better not be done. I do not want T-Mac in Sacramento at all. And we do not need the money from his expiring contract. We'd just use it to get someone like Kevin Martin. And we just traded him for an overrated short backup PF who can only score. We should have at least made them take Nocioni and/or Udrih. Come on now, Thomas was expiring.

Originally Posted by Beats05

Petrie better not be done. I do not want T-Mac in Sacramento at all. And we do not need the money from his expiring contract. We'd just use it to get someone like Kevin Martin. And we just traded him for an overrated short backup PF who can only score. We should have at least made them take Nocioni and/or Udrih. Come on now, Thomas was expiring.

We'll take Tracy and his contract for Tyrus Thomas... Deal?!?!?!
nerd.gif

[h1]Bulls Involved In Houston, Sacramento Talks[/h1]
Hinrich_Kirk_chi.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 11:25 AM EST
League sources said the Bulls were active in the discussions betweenthe Kings and Rockets that resulted in the trade sending Kevin Martinto Houston and Tracy McGrady to the Kings.
The goal would have been unloading Kirk Hinrich's contract, which stretches for two more years and $17 million.

Hinrich would have gone to Sacramento and Brad Miller and TyrusThomas would've gone to Houston. If that had happened, the Bulls likelywould have opted for Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson from the Bucks forhelp up front.

It's unknown Chicago can revive talks with the Kings in regards to McGrady can be revived Thursday before the deadline.

bs_89_revive.jpg

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I think this adds something to our team that we didnt have before. Cause with Yao back, we have the Low Post scoring we wont have this season.
Martin fills a scoring void but from what I've heard he's a severe defensive liability.

Landry has been solid, if not decent, on both fronts and he makes them in the 4th where they count the most. He's also a stand up guy not letting his teeth get knocked out affect the way he plays.
pimp.gif

I'll be better off though since we're hopefully not getting Jared Jeffries and Larry Hughes however. Last thing we need is another low % shooter.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by one11archerave

[h1]Bulls Involved In Houston, Sacramento Talks[/h1]
Hinrich_Kirk_chi.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 11:25 AM EST
League sources said the Bulls were active in the discussions between the Kings and Rockets that resulted in the trade sending Kevin Martin to Houston and Tracy McGrady to the Kings.
The goal would have been unloading Kirk Hinrich's contract, which stretches for two more years and $17 million.

Hinrich would have gone to Sacramento and Brad Miller and Tyrus Thomas would've gone to Houston. If that had happened, the Bulls likely would have opted for Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson from the Bucks for help up front.

It's unknown Chicago can revive talks with the Kings in regards to McGrady can be revived Thursday before the deadline.
bs_89_revive.jpg

Thats BIG BUSINESS. Damn Paxon is on his grind... Make it happen Charlie.

That's a big knock on Kevin Martin. Dude is fragile. Exit out one fragile player, enter another. But, when healthy, dude can score. And outside of Yao + Brooks, ain't nobody can score at will. So, Martin should help the Rockets.

Again, this deal ain't done, so I fully expect Morey to get further reinforcements. No way we're going to rely on Kenny Thomas + Hilton Armstrong the rest of the year.

laugh.gif
PH3N0M3N0N wrote:

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Martin fills a scoring void but from what I've heard he's a severe defensive liability.

Landry has been solid, if not decent, on both fronts and he makes them in the 4th where they count the most. He's also a stand up guy not letting his teeth get knocked out affect the way he plays.
pimp.gif

I'll be better off though since we're hopefully not getting Jared Jeffries and Larry Hughes however. Last thing we need is another low % shooter.
grin.gif

i still think this fit more of a need for us than anything. Hey if we can swing Miller and Thomas into this i will be more for it

Do you think Kerr and Sarver got in an argument when the trade fell through?

Kerr: Shotgun not telling Amare.
Sarver: Awww @%! dude...

Or if we manage to get Jordan Hill.

Landry is a beast, and he's way underpaid. 3M this year, 3M next. He's going to cash in big if he keeps playing like this. Can the Rockets afford to keep him?

If the Rockets can nab Hill, they get a player with a high ceiling, who's locked in on his rookie contract. And 6'11, and for as good as Landry is, he's still undersized playing the PF spot.

Back
Top Bottom