pimp.gif

landed a new job
pimp.gif

ended a 3 year relationship
eyes.gif

-Ended high school having the time of my life
-Graduated thinking I was the s*&t haha
-Got into the real world realizing I wasnt
-Moved to a new environment (Bay Area > San Diego IMO)
-Ending the New Year partying in the Philippines with the fam on a humble, good note.

-Ended high school having the time of my life
-Graduated thinking I was the s*&t haha
-Got into the real world realizing I wasnt
-Moved to a new environment (Bay Area > San Diego IMO)
-Ending the New Year partying in the Philippines with the fam on a humble, good note.

one of the best in recent memory

besides failing a course last semester
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

other than that...awesome

one of the best in recent memory

besides failing a course last semester
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

other than that...awesome

Pretty good year for me!

- Obtained my series 7 and 63 licenses (had to for work)
- Worked on the largest transaction in the history of my bank which we closed in march. Gained a ton of experience / knowledge from that proccess.
- Can now work on fairly large M&A deals almost entirely on my own with little help from senior associates, which makes it easier for our group in general.
- Created a very strong friendship with one of my superiors at work, who has really had my back and helped me out to become a better analyst and it makes work way more fun.
- Went a ton of cool places - Vegas with the homies, back to cali to visit the family / high school friends multiple times, my girl's family's place in annapolis with her, family, and a bunch of college friends, cincinnati / kentucky / indiana to visit friends and attend weddings, went 2,000 feet underground in a coal mine for work (i was SHOOK), been on a few company jets (even a g6) and attended a few lavish closing dinners for deals i've worked on.
- Have made some signifcant gains in the weight room, got back to my college playing strength of repping 225 on the bench 16-17 times and hitting 420 on the squat 3-4 times... looking to start p90x for a new challenge next week.
- Became the "CFO" of my best friend from school's start up company having to do with geothermal energy. When I say CFO i really mean just preparing financial statements and running the books for him, but it is a good resume builder regardless and he gave me a small equity share.
- Will be taking my GMAT on monday and my score will have a significant impact on the overall quality of my year, but it's been great thus far!

Pretty good year for me!

- Obtained my series 7 and 63 licenses (had to for work)
- Worked on the largest transaction in the history of my bank which we closed in march. Gained a ton of experience / knowledge from that proccess.
- Can now work on fairly large M&A deals almost entirely on my own with little help from senior associates, which makes it easier for our group in general.
- Created a very strong friendship with one of my superiors at work, who has really had my back and helped me out to become a better analyst and it makes work way more fun.
- Went a ton of cool places - Vegas with the homies, back to cali to visit the family / high school friends multiple times, my girl's family's place in annapolis with her, family, and a bunch of college friends, cincinnati / kentucky / indiana to visit friends and attend weddings, went 2,000 feet underground in a coal mine for work (i was SHOOK), been on a few company jets (even a g6) and attended a few lavish closing dinners for deals i've worked on.
- Have made some signifcant gains in the weight room, got back to my college playing strength of repping 225 on the bench 16-17 times and hitting 420 on the squat 3-4 times... looking to start p90x for a new challenge next week.
- Became the "CFO" of my best friend from school's start up company having to do with geothermal energy. When I say CFO i really mean just preparing financial statements and running the books for him, but it is a good resume builder regardless and he gave me a small equity share.
- Will be taking my GMAT on monday and my score will have a significant impact on the overall quality of my year, but it's been great thus far!

Originally Posted by arsenalGUNNER1

Best year of my life so far. I'm only 19 so I got many more to come.

Finally got a job.
Realized what I want to do in life.
Relationship with family got A LOT better.
Still have the friends that I care most about.
Partied by far more than any other year.
And with about 2 weeks left in the year I'm still traveling to LA with the fam for Xmas and hitting up Tahoe for some snowboarding with the friends.

For 2011 I'm focusing more on my health and finances. Gotta save up to get myself a place and a car.
congrats, sounds like you're doing good in life
nicegorillasharkhighfiv.png

Originally Posted by arsenalGUNNER1

Best year of my life so far. I'm only 19 so I got many more to come.

Finally got a job.
Realized what I want to do in life.
Relationship with family got A LOT better.
Still have the friends that I care most about.
Partied by far more than any other year.
And with about 2 weeks left in the year I'm still traveling to LA with the fam for Xmas and hitting up Tahoe for some snowboarding with the friends.

For 2011 I'm focusing more on my health and finances. Gotta save up to get myself a place and a car.
congrats, sounds like you're doing good in life
nicegorillasharkhighfiv.png

Back
Top Bottom