2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

1022 BST: Aston Villa striker John Carew has played down speculation linking him with a move to Manchester City. (Press Association)

0953 BST: Ajax's Belgian centre-back Thomas Vermaelen, 23, claims he is on the verge of sealing a £10m move to Arsenal. (PressAssociation)

0937 BST: Barcelona have rejected a proposition from Inter Milan to do a swap deal involving Barca's Andres Iniesta and Inter's Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Full story:Goal.com

0909 BST: Manchester City will make a £15m bid for Everton defender Joleon Lescott when he returns from England international duty.
Full story: ManchesterEvening News

0854 BST: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has confirmed he wants to sign Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso from Liverpool.
Full story: This is Anfield

0849 BST: Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has called for the future of French forward Franck Ribery - a supposed target of ManchesterUnited, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid - to be decided one way or the other. (Press Association)

http://

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Brazil will allow Kaka to have a medical on Monday as the playmaker moves closer to completing a £56m move from AC Milan to Real Madrid.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

Barcelona will make a last-ditch attempt to keep striker Samuel Eto'o this week as Manchester City prepare a £25m bid for the Cameroonian.
(Full story:The Sun)

Liverpool are determined to hold on to midfielder Xabi Alonso and sources at Anfield say it would take a "mind-blowing offer" from RealMadrid to take him back to Spain.
(Full story: The Times)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has agreed a £10m deal for Ajax's 23-year-old Belgian central defender Thomas Vermaelen but they may lose Kolo Toure toManchester City.
(Full story:Daily Mail)

Everton are preparing a £7m swoop for two players from Reading - winger Stephen Hunt and striker Kevin Doyle. (Daily Star)

Everton boss David Moyes faces a fight with Espanyol for Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia and the Toffees also want Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley.(Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are ready to battle with Real Madrid for the signature of Wigan winger Antonio Valencia but they are reluctant to pay the £16mwanted by the Latics.
(Full story: DailyMail)

Actually, United are more than willing and will wrap up the signing of Valencia for about £17m this week.
(Full story: DailyMirror)

Manchester United have accepted a £6m bid from Hull City for 21-year-old striker Fraizer Campbell.
Hull's bid for Campbell accepted

Atletico Madrid are trailing Everton's in-form 27-year-old South African midfielder Steven Pienaar.

Stoke City are set to sign Swedish Under-21 midfielder Andres Vasquez on a free transfer after he left FC Zurich.

Birmingham are set to sign ex-Newcastle loanee Oguchi Onyewu from Standard Liege and have made a new £5m bid for Cardiff centre-back Roger Johnson.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

Spanish side Espanyol are hoping to sign Chelsea's 19-year-old Israeli striker Ben Sahar for about £800,000.

FC Basel are hoping to convince Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell, 34, that he should sign for them this week after he rejected an approach from Trabzonspor.

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies will make an improved £2m bid for Doncaster centre-back Matthew Mills this week. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

West Brom have drawn up a shortlist of managers, including Peterborough's Darren Ferguson, as they prepare for boss Tony Mowbray to leave forCeltic. (Daily Mirror)

Mowbray will start work as the new manager at Celtic Park this week - as long as the Scottish giants bite the bullet and pay about £2m compensation to theBaggies. (Daily Telegraph)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle will sign a new contract at Turf Moor this week for three times his old salary but less than he could have earned at Celtic.(Daily Mirror)

England striker Wayne Rooney has admitted he is dreaming of winning the World Cup in South Africa next year.
Full story: The Sun

England defender Matthew Upson believes West Ham team-mate Robert Green is good enough to make the number one jersey his own at internationallevel.
Full story: Daily Express

England Under-21 boss Stuart Pearce will defy Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to ensure Theo Walcott plays in the European Championship, which starts nextweek, as well as for the senior side against Andorra on Wednesday. (Daily Express)

Alan Shearer is hoping a north-east buyer will take over Newcastle and keep alive his hopes of being named permanent Magpies boss - as current ownerMike Ashley does not think he should get the job.
Full story: The Sun

AND FINALLY
Former Chelsea defender Glen Johnson has revealed that leaving Stamford Bridge to join Portsmouth helped him fall back in love withfootball.

Reports indicate that Kaka' is undergoing the medical right now. A Real Madrid judicial representative accompanied club doctor, Juan Carlos Hernandez toBrazil in order to complete the deal. He has all the documentation and will meet with the player and his father (agent) after the Medical is done.Announcements are expected 6pm Eastern. He would be presented June 30th after the Confederations Cup. Stay tuned^^.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Manchester United are ready to battle with Real Madrid for the signature of Wigan winger Antonio Valencia but they are reluctant to pay the £16m wanted by the Latics.
(Full story: Daily Mail)

Actually, United are more than willing and will wrap up the signing of Valencia for about £17m this week.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)
somehow that made me
laugh.gif

yeeeeeeeeeeuh we got Kaka
pimp.gif

just saw on sky that the brazil football federation confirmed he was getting his physical done by Real

Kaka's travel schedule is crazy...Italy to Uruguay...Uruguay to Spain...Spain to Brazil...Brazil to South Africa.

Couldn't they have completed the move last week or have waited until after the Confederation's Cup? They're gonna kill this guy.

what's the status on Cannavaro?is he leaving Real?
heard his former fans weren't too pleased if he came back to Juve...

Kaka's travel schedule is crazy...Italy to Uruguay...Uruguay to Spain...Spain to Brazil...Brazil to South Africa.

Couldn't they have completed the move last week or have waited until after the Confederation's Cup? They're gonna kill this guy.

Hes traveling to Spain? If he is, surely, it isn't related to the transferl. Our medical doctor and legal associate traveled to Brasil in order to finalizethe deal. Assuming all goes well tonight, He'll be presented on the 30th after the Confederations Cup.

According to reports, he has passed the medical. The Brazilian Federation has confirmed the event of the medical. The player will hold a press conference at6pm Eastern.

Anything can happen. We'll see.

what's the status on Cannavaro?is he leaving Real?
heard his former fans weren't too pleased if he came back to Juve...
Canna signed with Juventus a couple weeks ago. Great personality and a nice leader. Shame he didn't join the club at an earlier point in hiscareer. It was the right decision to let him go. Gratzi Canna!

Edited: Press conference time possibly changed to 8pm.

My bad, I didnt realize Kaka was conducting the physical in Brazil.

Should be interesting to see which superstar Real sign next.

Also, I find it unfair that people are accusing Kaka of chasing money. If anything, it's AC Milan who have been greedy and shown a lack of loyalty. Theywere salivating at the prospects of getting 100 million Euros from Man. City but Kaka rejected the deal because he didn't want to go to that crappy club.You cant blame Kaka for leaving, he's accomplished everything with AC Milan and he gets to join one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.

i donbt blame kaka'. i do blame real madrid though for being greedy as hell. they want kaka' ronaldo, ribery(and they or barca will most likely get himas hes ruled out a move to the uk because of the climate), silva, and now valencia from wigan? overkill to say the least.

hey im moving to NYC in a month. i was wondering if any EPL fans in NY know where a good bar/pub to catch games is at, arsenal games in particular?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

hey im moving to NYC in a month. i was wondering if any EPL fans in NY know where a good bar/pub to catch games is at, arsenal games in particular?

nevada smiths.

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nevada smiths.
appreciate it man, thanks

Kaka's gonna move some serious units in the jersey sales department...
eek.gif

anyway,i'm interested to find out the number he's gonna be wearing...
could Sneijder give up that famed number 10 for Kaka?
but i'm guessing he'll "inherit" the number 5 from the great Zidane...Cannavaro was the last to wear it and he's now left the club...

what about #22 or#8?

real madrid also needs defensive help imo. a cb and a fullback.

True, it hurts to see Iker get pelted with shots when they play quality teams.

Kaka's gonna move some serious units in the jersey sales department...
eek.gif

anyway,i'm interested to find out the number he's gonna be wearing...
could Sneijder give up that famed number 10 for Kaka?
but i'm guessing he'll "inherit" the number 5 from the great Zidane...Cannavaro was the last to wear it and he's now left the club...
I'll be getting his kit. Gotta support the transfer lol.

Sneijder isn't safe. I like him but he might be gone. Especially if we can land Xabi Alonso. His agent most recently said hes going to stay.

Kaka' doesn't seem to want the number 5 out of respect to Zidane. Marca ran a story that he prefers the numbers 22 (Miguel Torres,) 8 (Fernando Gago,)10 (Sneijder). Miguel Torres will stay but since Salgado is leaving, he could take his prestigous number 2.

Anyways, just got home. Glad to see the clubs made it official. Usually, high profile transfers are long dragged out proccesses that go to the last day of thewindow. These negotiations were quick, a testament to the relationship between Florentino Perez and Adriano Galliani.

There will be defensive reinforcements. Garay is coming off loan. Marcano from Santander is supposedly close. We've been linked with Albiol from Valencia,Bruno Alves from Porto, Gael Clichy from Arsenal, Juan from Roma.

Anyone know when most of these players jersey's become available if they are traded around this time? I badly want my Gomez Munich Jersey.
frown.gif

So Kaka is officially a Madrista.

I hope he sticks with the 22. Lets just say for now, its about Madrid developing the right chemistry. If this works, and Barcelona remains the same then ElClasico will be ridiculous.

I came in S&T to make a Kaka thread. Glad to see there's one for all the trades.

But yea, I'm definitely getting the kit.

my damn kaka AC milan jersey is useless now though
frown.gif

shoulda worn it more often while he was actually on the team lol

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

my damn kaka AC milan jersey is useless now though
frown.gif

shoulda worn it more often while he was actually on the team lol

Same deal here, never really wore the thing, a useless $60 shirt now

i donbt blame kaka'. i do blame real madrid though for being greedy as hell. they want kaka' ronaldo, ribery(and they or barca will most likely get him as hes ruled out a move to the uk because of the climate), silva, and now valencia from wigan? overkill to say the least.

laugh.gif
throw in Zlatan for good measure... its ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom