2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

20mil for Huntelaar?the hell did he do in his first season with Real?
i'd keep Tevez for 5mil more...

anyway,on a side note:
Real must pay £26m penalty if Ronaldo bid fails

Real Madrid will have to pay Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo a fee of around £26m if they fail to sign him during the summer,
according to the Spanish club's vice-president Fernando Tapias.

The Madrid official was asked about the infamous, but as yet unseen,pre-contract agreement for the FIFA World Player of the Year and if it stipulated that Madrid would have to pay €90m to sign Ronaldo or a €30m penalty if they did not.

"Yes.. but that is not our fault," Tapias told Spanish Radio station Cadena COPE. "Ronaldo is a great player.I remember when I was last at the club and Figo was here telling people about him.He is one of the best players in the world.

"That he has a special character and that the price is exorbitant is also true.Maybe FIFA should put a €50m price cap on transfers."

The pre-contract, allegedly agreed by ousted Real chief Ramon Calderon and facilitated by Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes,is believed to expire at the end of June,giving Madrid just over a fortnight to complete the deal.

United have repeatedly denied the existence of any agreement.

Newly-elected Los Blancos president Florentino Perez has made no secret of his intentions to sign the world's biggest names this summer and has openly stated he wants AC Milan star Kaka and Ronaldo to head to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Perez, who presided over the galacticos era of Zindine Zidane and Luis Figo during his first stint in charge,said: "The best players in the world, the ones that have won the Fifa World Player of the Year award are Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo - they are the players Real Madrid fans demand.

"We have to complete the transfer of Kaka,we are not nervous and I hope in a few days we will happily announce the deal.

"I have said Ronaldo does interest us.We have to resolve this and the other big signings in this month of June.

"It seems in the case of Ronaldo he does have a get-out clause and it means if the player brings the money stipulated in the clause he can go."

Madrid are expected to complete the £60m signing of Brazil international Kaka on Monday.

stimulus package...nice...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i didn't really follow the premiership this season but in the one game i saw aston villa play, ashley young was definitely a standout player. i know it was just one game that i saw, but dude was nice and convinced me that he would play for a big club some day and now chelsea and real are interested in him.
I love his game. He was Young Player of the Year this year in the Premiership. Does anyone know if he is getting call ups on the EnglandNational team?

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea are weighing up an English record £40m bid for Valencia's highly-rated Spanish international forward David Villa.
(Full story: Independent)

Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of France international midfielder Franck Ribery for £60m.
(Full story: The Sun)

Tottenham have offered David Bentley plus £8m for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Villa, though, are interested in taking £10m-rated midfielder Jermaine Jenas from Spurs, and are also keen on Serbian defensive midfielder Nenad Mililjas,who had been interesting Premier League new-boys Wolves.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

Barcelona plan to capitalise on the financial problems at Liverpool with a £20m raid for Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Reds are also set to miss out on their top summer target - Valencia's Spanish midfielder David Silva - because of the budget constraints imposed onmanager Rafael Benitez, with Real Madrid favourites to land the player. (Various)

One man who appears to be on his way out of Anfield is Italian defender Andrea Dossena, who is a target for Juventus.
(Fullstory: Daily Telegraph)

Manchester United's hopes of landing Lyon's £30m-rated striker Karim Benzema have been increased after the president of the French club, Jean-MichelAulas, said the player was not "untransferable".
(Full story: Daily Express)

Birmingham have been told they must pay £4m if they want to lure defender Scott Dann from Coventry, who have also rejected a £1m bid from the Bluesfor winger Gary McSheffrey.

England winger Stewart Downing can leave Middlesbrough if the club receive an acceptable offer according to club chief executive Keith Lamb.

Stoke are set to join the race to sign Manchester City defender Richard Dunne, who is also being tracked by Tottenham.
(Fullstory: Daily Mail)

West Ham have targeted full-backs, Rennes' France international Rod Fanni and Middlesbrough's Matthew Bates, as replacement's for Lucas Neill,who has rejected a new one-year deal at Upton Park.
(Full story: Daily Telegraph)

http://

OTHER GOSSIP

England manager Fabio Capello says he "does not recognise himself" in the description given of him by Carlo Ancelotti and called for somerespect, after the new Chelsea coach described his former AC Milan boss as "surly" and having no dialogue with his players. (Various)

England captain John Terry has urged Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher to reconsider his decision to retire from international football. (Various)

West Ham striker Carlton Cole has sought advice from Chelsea front-man Didier Drogba in his quest to become an England regular.
(Full story: Daily Star)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger turned down the opportunity to become the manager of Real Madrid, despite three meetings with the Spanish club.
(Full story:Daily Mirror)

Roberto Mancini and Slaven Bilic top the shortlist for the manager's job at Portsmouth after Paul Hart - who took temporary charge last season -was told he wouldn't be offered the job.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Prospective new Wigan boss Roberto Martinex can be a great success at the JJB Stadium according to former Latics manager Ray Mathias.

Manchester City's Brazilian midfielder Elano has delivered an ultimatum to the club, demanding they offer him a knew lucrative contract or lethim leave.
(Full story: DailyMail)

West Brom manager Tony Mowbray will be confirmed as the new Celtic boss on Monday.
(Full story: Guardian)

AND FINALLY

England boss Fabio Capello says England are the Rafael Nadal to Spain's Roger Federer because of their athletic, physical prowess in contrast tothe European Champions grace and guile. (Various)

^ Good info overall... But Rafa Nadal lost in the 4th round at Roland Garros!!!
laugh.gif
Bad timing for that kind of a comparion, Fab...

First off Im not a big fan of the idea of Zlatan moving away from the San Siro, but just a question... Where would he play at Barca? I mean with Henry,Eto'o, and Messi up front there is really no where let for the Big Swede. Would this likely mean a move of Eto'o to Inter as a part of the tramsfer?

Eto'o would go the other way with cash added on. 30 Million Euro was the original number. Maxwell would be sent to Barcelona in the deal. If theycan't land Ibra, they'll go for Diego Forlan.

Seattle, hit me up via PM or on Live tomorrow (Saturday) for Fifa. I was invited to play club earlier.

Are we using this as an "International Friendlies / WC Qualifier" discussion page too? England doesn't look very impressive against Kazakhstanright now...

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United's hopes of landing Lyon's £30m-rated striker Karim Benzema have been increased after the president of the French club, Jean-Michel Aulas, said the player was not "untransferable".
i suppose they really don't wanna keep Tevez...

Ibrahimovic to Barca sounds like a pile of BS to me. Eto'o + 30 mill for Ibra? That sounds way off to me. Why would Barca sell Eto'o after anothermonsterous season with the club? He might be the world's best finisher and he's proven himself in big European matches unlike Ibra. Also, doesntIbra's contract expire after this season? Why not just wait 1 more season and then sign him as a free transfer next summer?

i suppose they really don't wanna keep Tevez...
It's not a matter of Man Utd. "wanting to keep Tevez". They've made a serious offer to Tevez's agent for a permanent deal.However, Tevez wants to be a fulltime starter and says that he feels like Man Utd. has disrespected him for 2 seasons. The ball is in Tevez's court.

Looks like Kaka to Real Madrid will be finalized on Monday. Also on Real Madrid's list is David Silva, David Villa, Frank Ribery and C. Ronaldo
laugh.gif

Ibrahimovic to Barca sounds like a pile of BS to me. Eto'o + 30 mill for Ibra? That sounds way off to me. Why would Barca sell Eto'o after another monsterous season with the club? He might be the world's best finisher and he's proven himself in big European matches unlike Ibra. Also, doesnt Ibra's contract expire after this season? Why not just wait 1 more season and then sign him as a free transfer next summer?

Eto'o hasn't signed the extension. He'll be availble on free after next season.
30m Euro is just the rumored figure if Maxwell joinsIbrahimovic in the deal. I've mentioned that Barcelona need a back up Left full back. Maxwell would be a solid addition.

Edit: Those names sound familiar
pimp.gif

I'll tell you this Kaka business its driving me insane.

IMO its looking like an 80/20 decision in favour of Madrid. I know Milan fans are repeatedly shouting "Keep Kaka etc.." But there is some truth tothe transfer.

Kaka is out of the San Siro IMO.

I think Barca should keep Eto'o. The only way I would let him go is for someone like Bezema not Forlan or Ibra (both almost 30 and Eto'o is better).Eto'o has been huge for Barca's Treble and I think they should keep the front line together for another season. Mascherano would be a nice upgrade atCM.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

If Barca deals/fails to resign Eto'o I will shed tears of anger...
Etoo's won everything in club football...so who knows,maybe he wants a new challenge elsewhere...

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham are leading the race to sign former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy - with his current club Real Madrid ready to let theDutch hitman go for just £1.25m.
(Full story: ThePeople)

Manchester City will offer defender Micah Richards as bait in their bid to sign Everton centre-back Joleon Lescott.
(Full story: News of the World)

Newcastle striker Michael Owen is wanted by Aston Villa, but the 29-year-old will have to take a £70,000-a-week pay cut to seal the move.
(Full story: News ofthe World)

However, Italian club Roma are also eyeing up a move for the England striker. (Sunday Mirror)

Italian champions Inter Milan are preparing a £25m bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.
(Full story: SundayMirror)

Manchester United face losing out to Champions League conquerors Barcelona in the race to sign France stars Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema.
(Full story: Mail onSunday)

Barcelona are also planning a £20million swoop for United defender Nemanja Vidic.
(Full story: Daily Star Sunday)

United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to boost his defensive options by signing Sheffield United's £7m-rated right-back Kyle Naughton. (SundayMirror)

Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson will move back to Chelsea this week in a deal worth £16m. (Various)

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will make an ambitious bid to land Antonio Valencia from his old club Wigan.
(Full story: ThePeople)

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Paris St Germain star Jerome Rothen. (The People)

Manchester City will continue their summer spending spree with the signing of Athletic Bilbao's Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez, who is rated as one ofthe hottest prospects in Europe. (The People)

Hull City manager Phil Brown is set to bid £4m for Bolton striker Kevin Davies. (The People)

Fulham are leading the race for Middlesbrough's England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson. (The People)

Stoke will battle it out with Blackburn and Sunderland to sign Newcastle's Alan Smith for £3m. (Sunday Mirror)

Liverpool are set to make a shock move to re-sign striker Peter Crouch from Portsmouth for as little as £4m. (Sunday Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP

Alan Shearer is ready to walk away from Newcastle because owner Mike Ashley is stalling on talks regarding his potential future as manager of theclub.
(Full story: The People)

This could be because Shearer is not Ashley's preferred choice for the vacant manager's post at St James' Park, and the only way he will becometheir new boss is if a new buyer for the club is found.
(Fullstory: Mail on Sunday)

Alternatively, Shearer could replace Celtic-bound manager Tony Mowbray at West Brom.
(Full story: News of the World)

One potential savour of Newcastle is former chairman Freddy Shepherd, who is planning to launch a £75m takeover bid to resume control of the club this week.(Sunday Mirror)

West Ham are set to become the latest Premier League club to be taken over by Americans in a £70m take-over.
(Full story: Mail onSunday)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba insists he wants to talk to new manager Carlo Ancelotti about his vision for the future before signing a new deal with theclub. (The People)

Andorra centre-back Oscar Sonejee - who is set to line up for his country in the World Cup qualifier against England on Wednesday - has blastedEngland's players, claiming some of them care more about having a celebrity lifestyle than playing football. (The People)

AND FINALLY

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has revealed that he never liked new Black Cats boss Steve Bruce when the two were both players, but he has longsince buried the hatchet. (Various)

New Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has been brushing up on his English in a Dutch convent that offers intensive language courses. (The People)

Originally Posted by wizards23

Kaka is out of the San Siro IMO.

I think Barca should keep Eto'o. The only way I would let him go is for someone like Bezema not Forlan or Ibra (both almost 30 and Eto'o is better). Eto'o has been huge for Barca's Treble and I think they should keep the front line together for another season. Mascherano would be a nice upgrade at CM.
don't really get your " close to 30" argument. zlatan(27) is actually a year younger than eto'o(28). not to say eto'oisn't better but they are diff types of strikers imo. and i dont think forlan would be a good pickup for barca. yea hes got a good goal scoring record inspain, bu he IS 30. Zlatan prob has another 6 or so productive seasons in him.

^ definately dont want Forlan and Ibra and Eto'o basically same age. They should resign him. He has been very clutch in his time with the club. No way Iwould let him go for 20m like rumored. Zlatan has not stepped up in big time games and Barca needs a big time striker IMO. I really would rather see Benzema atNou camp. I wonder what is going to happen to Henry.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham are leading the race to sign former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy - with his current club Real Madrid ready to let the Dutch hitman go for just £1.25m.
(Full story: The People)
personally,i'd keep him...
Van the Man > any strikers Real Madrid have on their payroll...
sure,he's as fragile as glass now but he's a proven goalscoring machine...

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Barcelona are also planning a £20million swoop for United defender Nemanja Vidic.
(Full story: Daily Star Sunday)
that came out of nowhere...
as "powerful" as Barca is right now,no way that %%# gonna happen...
laugh.gif

As already mentioned, 90% of these rumors are straight BS...pure fabrication.

If van Nistelroy is just 1.25 million pounds, I'd be expecting more clubs to come calling. Anyways, why would Tottenham want him when they have Bent,Defoe, Keane and Paylvuchenko? If he wants to come to London, please join Arsenal
nerd.gif
. RvNis one of the best finishers I've ever seen, I dont care if he's 47 years old.

Barca are ******ed if they plan on selling Eto'o and acquiring Forlan or Ibra in his place. From what I've read, Eto'o is making lofty wage demandswhich Barca are unwilling to meet. Further, Barca need another striker to fill in during the month of January when Eto'o is away playing in the AfricanNation's Cup. If anything, shouldn't Barca searching for Henry's replacement?

Anyways, the way Laporta is talking, Barca will make a couple of big signings this summer. I'm guessing they'll get a big name striker/winger and a CDM(Yaya Toure seems to be on his way out).

Monday's AS cover says "Kaka', signed"

On, "El Larguero", they're saying that on Tuesday, Kaka' will announce his signing with Real Madrid. The next step would be the presentationwhich will probably happen on June 30th after the Confederations Cup.

Real Madrid have used their buy-back clause on Alvaro Negredo who was originally sold to Almeria. The player had a nice 08-09 season and may be used aspart-exchange in signing other players. Valencia and Villareal have already shown interest.

Back
Top Bottom