2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

1950 BST: Newcastle defender Sebastien Bassong wants to leave the club following their relegation to the Championship. Tottenham and Arsenal arethought to be interested in the 22-year-old. (PA news wire)

1856 BST: Robinho has played down reports that he wants to move to Barcelona and insisted he is happy at Manchester City. He told O Globo: "At themoment, I am not thinking about going back to Real Madrid. I am happy at my club and I want to stay." (PA news wire)

1648 BST: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has said he intends to talk to Manchester United in an attempt to convince the club to letCristiano Ronaldo join them. "I have not yet spoken to them but I will do it in the coming days," he told Spanish public radio RNE late on Tuesday.(PA news wire)

However, Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano has claimed the club are already in negotiations with United. (AFP news wire)

1430 BST: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has poured doubt on the Spanish clubs chances of signing French international midfielder Frank Ribery -also a reported target of Chelsea and Manchester United - from Bayern Munich, saying "Bayern do not want to sell, therefore I have to be respectful to theclub."
(Full story: DailyTelegraph)

1124 BST: New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is targetting big-name players to bring to the Stadium of Light, claiming that recruiting for his newclub, is "like shopping in Harrods, not Tesco."
(Full story: TheSun)

1115 BST: Arsenal and Tottenham are set to start a bidding war for Newcastle defender Sebastien Bassong, with the Magpies looking for a fee of £12m for theplayer.
(Full story:The Metro)

1113 BST: Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill wants Marseille midfielder Benoit Cheyrou - the younger brother of former Liverpool midfielderBruno - to replace Gareth Barry.
(Full story: DailyMirror)

0944 BST: CSKA Moscow star Yuri Zhirkov says he is dreaming of a transfer to Barcelona or Milan - but has not ruled out a move to Chelsea.
(Full story:Setanta)

0941 BST: West Ham chief executive Scott Duxbury has revealed that the club are close to making three major signings.
(Full story: DailyTelegraph)

0921 BST: Brazilian centre-back Luisao has admitted that he has talked with international colleague Robinho about the prospect of moving to Manchester City.
(Full story: Sky Sports)
0905 BST:Brazilian forward Robinho has again cast doubt over his Manchester City future by revealing his desire to play for Barcelona. (Setanta)
(Full story: Setanta)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Off topic...Argentina are complete crap under Maradona.
laugh.gif
agreed... but it took u this long to realize that?

How does that lineup argentina played today lose 0-2? nothing against Ecuador, they're a quality squad.. but c'mon.

Prediction: Maradona dies of a coke overdose tomorrow.

This dude better realize he's not capable of leading Argentina to glory and resign ASAP. Bring back Pekerman.

All I know is Tevez is absolutely horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible for the national team. They need goals from him, straight up, and he doesn't deliver.

I don't know why Maradona doesn't like Higuian.

Reported price for Cristiano.. £80 Million. The club are looking to close it before June 30th. Outlandish but he'd pay for himself and then some in thelong run.

Tomorrow's AS cover.. Valencia want 35m Euro + Alvaro Negredo for Villa. I'd rather pay 40m Euro straight and sell Negredo for 14-15m Euro toVillareal.

Off topic.. Got my tickets to the friendly vs. DC United on Aug 9th..
smile.gif

The main issue with the C. Ronaldo saga is Man Utd. blocking the move. There's no doubt in my mind that Real Madrid would be willing to pay XXXXXXXX amountof dollars to land him, the question is, is Man Utd. ready to move in a different direction?

Also, I read earlier today that Ronaldo has a groin/hernia problem that may require surgery and keep him out for about 2 months. I doubt this'll have muchimpact on negotiations between the two clubs.

BTW, Ronaldo is in L.A. right now to visit his agent. He also plans on going to Miami for vacation.

Real Madrid fans, do you really want this metrosexual playing for you guys?
sick.gif

cristiano-ronaldo-699-3.jpg

sick.gif
He looks like a damn Ripleys Believe It Or Not statue. Iwonder if he takes PEDs. He's got that steroid acne.

I'd say he blends right in, in Miami.

Actually it was Leonardo that spotted Pato and Kaka.. not Ancelotti.

And *#*@ Chelsea, Pato is better off in Milan. He is the successor to Kaka. Pirlo - he can go to Chelsea. Seedorf - If I was Galliani/Berlu i'd pay a clubto take him off Milan.

not much gossip today

Real Madrid claim they are already in negotiations with Manchester United to buy Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo, with the Spanish club'sgeneral director Jorge Valdano saying: "I can't answer about him, I can only talk about players who are on their way here not those we are innegotiations over."
(Full story: Daily Star)

The Spanish media are reporting details of a 'leaked' contract for 24-year-old Ronaldo, which involved a transfer fee of £80m and a six-yearcontract with a salary of £9.5m, including an inbuilt 25% rise every year.
(Fullstory: Daily Mirror)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has ruled out an £18m transfer to Manchester City this summer after sources revealed he wishes to remain at StamfordBridge.
(Full story: The Sun)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is ready to launch a massive Spurs clear-out with up to 14 players facing the chop, including winger David Bentley andstrikers Darren Bent and Roman Pavlyuchenko, who cost the London club £47.8m between them.

Spurs' Brazilian striker Giovani dos Santos is set to join Spanish club Espanyol on a year-long loan with a view to a permanent £%m switch.(Daily Star)

Newcastle are also preparing for a huge clear-out, with high-earning stars such as midfielders Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Joey Barton andGeremi are peddled to clubs at home and abroad.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf has turned his back on a summer move to Chelsea after insisting: "I have a contract withMilan."
(Full story: Daily Star)

Arsenal are preparing a £4m bid for Feyenoord's 16-year-old Dutch striker Luc Castaignos.

Everton are set to complete the signing of 23-year-old Cameroon midfielder Stephane Mbia for £8m from Rennes.

Birmingham are preparing a raid on rivals Aston Villa for £5m-rated centre-back Zat Knight.

Birmingham are also closing in on a £3.5million deal for Coventry defender Scott Dann.

Blackburn striker Matt Derbyshire's proposed move to Greek side Olympiakos is on hold until the future of fellow Rovers striker Roque Santa Cruz isresolved.

Blackburn will revive their interest in Benfica's Ivory Coast defender Marco Zoro this summer.

Wolves are set to snap up keeper Marcus Hahnemann on a free after the 36-year-old was not offered a new contract by Reading.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is ready to offer £350,000 for Colchester winger Mark Yeates.

Fulham are the new favourites to sign Middlesbrough midfielder Gary O'Neil in a £5m deal.

Stoke and Wigan are both chasing wantaway Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere.

Another Middlesbrough player set to move this summer is Turkish international forward Tuncay, who has admitted his desire to quit the club. (Daily Star)

http://

OTHER GOSSIP

West Brom are facing a player revolt if boss Tony Mowbray quits the club to take the vacant managerial post at Celtic, with several players ready toconsider their future if the 45-year-old departs.

The proposed takeover of Portsmouth by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim may yet fall through should issues arise from the ongoing process of due diligence - but AlFahim has denied the bid is a publicity stunt.
(Full story: The Guardian)

Former Newcastle executive director Dennis Wise has applied for the vacant managerial post at Watford, but he faces competition for the role fromformer Chelsea teammate Gus Poyet.

Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford has warned the League One club he could run down his contract and leave Elland Road for nothing next summer.

Former Bulgaria international Hristo Stoichkov has denied media reports claiming he has been named as the new coach of Iranian Pro League team AbuMoslem. (Reuters)

http://

AND FINALLY

While 58,000 England fans defied the tube strike and made it to Wembley for last night's game with Andorra, the visitors could not boast asingle away supporter in the stadium, unless you count the 11 mascots from the principality. (Daily Mail)

A sidestep from all the summer gossip, did anyone enjoy the Goal! movies?

Well, apparently the 3rd and final installment is releasing straight to DVD next week in the UK. Straight to DVD? I'm saddened. I enjoyed the first 2, Ihope this one delivers...

51KzEx%2BTM4L._SS500_.jpg

^ I enjoyed both of them too. I think the 3rd is based on the World Cup?

The start of Gol2 was beautiful.. Ronaldinhos brace at Bernabeu.

Gio 2Santos - he was in Barcelona then to Tottenham then to Ipswitch? His attitude was what ruined his potential. Bojan > Gio.

Manchester United have confirmed they have accepted a bid from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's future at United has been the subject of constant speculation with Real trailing his signature for the last threesummers

Real president Florentino Perez has made no secret of the fact that he would like to lure Ronaldo to El SantiagoBernabeu.

Real have now agreed £80million offer for the Portuguese ace and United have given the World Player of the Year permission totalk to the Spanish titans.

Ronaldo will now head to the Spanish capital to hold discussions with Real and undergo a medical.

Real have already snapped up Brazilian superstar Kaka in a world-record deal, but a move for Ronaldo would eclipse thatdeal.

"Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo from RealMadrid," read a club statement.

"At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player'srepresentatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

"Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice."

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

^ wow, I didn't believe you so I had to check...
eek.gif

Man Utd accept Real Madrid's £80m Ronaldo bid
By Soccernet staff

June 11, 2009
Manchester United have accepted an £80m offer from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo's last game for United was the Champions League final defeat to Barca

A statement on the United website confirmed that a deal for the 24-year-old should be completed by the end of the month.

''Manchester United have received a world-record, unconditional offer of £80million for Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

''At Cristiano's request - who has again expressed his desire to leave - and after discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player.

''Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice.''

Ronaldo has long been a target for the Spanish giants, whose president Florentino Perez vowed earlier this week to do ''everything possible'' to take the 24-year-old to the Bernabeu.

More to follow...

^ Things will get very interesting now... I wonder what they're gonna do with that money...

And putting things into perspective, Mike Ashley is trying to sell Newcastle United for £100mn. wow, indeed. £80mn is a ridiculous amount for one player.

And what's next for Real? thats close to £140mn on 2 players...
eek.gif
Still going for Villa?

Regarding the Goal films... they lost me when they had the main character (I don't remember his name) take the free kick with his weaker, left foot(flipped screen shot)... I know there are often continuity / blooper issues in movies, but for me that was too big of a screw-up.

No player is worth £80 million, that's just crazy ....Fergie will spend that money wisely.

Man. U. have definitely got the better deal there ......by a mile!

terrible timing in my head for him to leave, but it was expected. Knowing Sir Alex's gift with spotting talent, i hardly can sit still in anticipation. (iwant benzema!)

As a fellow portuguese, i can only wish Ronaldo the best. He gave us 6 brilliant years, and gave the premiership a glimpse of "beautiful football"once again. He made it clear that his dream was to play for madrid so best of luck to him..even though it has been proven that united players never stay topclass once they leave OT, but with such a young star, u never know.

As for now, i shall be waiting for confirmation on the 30th, and react accordingly.

just want to point out that its sad to see what inevitably happens to all great sports when money is involved. Soon players with true loyalty for their clubswill be a rarity.

Originally Posted by tonton32

terrible timing in my head for him to leave, but it was expected. Knowing Sir Alex's gift with spotting talent, i hardly can sit still in anticipation. (i want benzema!)

As a fellow portuguese, i can only wish Ronaldo the best. He gave us 6 brilliant years, and gave the premiership a glimpse of "beautiful football" once again. He made it clear that his dream was to play for madrid so best of luck to him..even though it has been proven that united players never stay top class once they leave OT, but with such a young star, u never know.

As for now, i shall be waiting for confirmation on the 30th, and react accordingly.

just want to point out that its sad to see what inevitably happens to all great sports when money is involved. Soon players with true loyalty for their clubs will be a rarity.
well said..pretty much summed it all up...
Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

will be sad to see him go but £80m for him? good riddance. a shame we cant get ribery though...
why not?we certainly got the funds now...besides,him to Barca is not a done deal yet...

Back
Top Bottom