2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Real dropping out of the Cesc race. Interesting to see if they can somehow get Xabi Alonso.
On a side note...when soccer season comes, where do you guys catch La Liga and EPL games? Are there live streams online?

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Real dropping out of the Cesc race. Interesting to see if they can somehow get Xabi Alonso.
On a side note...when soccer season comes, where do you guys catch La Liga and EPL games? Are there live streams online?

I am pretty sure there are live streams. This year for those lucky few with espn360 pretty much all the la liga games will be on there this year which wouldbe amazing if I had espn 360 with my cable provider. I have FSC which shows some premiership games but someone correct me if I am wrong it seems like Setantagets the first pick every week of the big games because a I feel like a lot of the Big 4 match ups especially did not end up on FSC.

besides espn360, i stream matches from the following sites:

http://myp2p.eu/

j u s t i n . t v (for some reason, when i type it normally without spaces in between letters, it gets translated into random symbols)

channelsurfing.net

I don't understand why we need Fabregas. We need another defender, we don't want to repeat the champions league last year and risk playing players outof position. Iniesta is better than Fabregas IDK why we need him.

Originally Posted by zizou

j u s t i n . t v (for some reason, when i type it normally without spaces in between letters, it gets translated into random symbols)

channelsurfing.net

Thanks!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Originally Posted by zizou

channelsurfing.net

Thanks!
pimp.gif
La Liga games are on espn2 now. 20 on ESPN 2 and like 60 plus on 360
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope the champions league on Fox isn't bad. Does anyone know if they have the FSC commentators or just get a stream from BBC or something?

D'Agostino negotiations were unsuccessful so the media turns their attention back to Xabi Alonso. AS reports Liverpool have withdrawn their ultamatium andhave placed a 35m price tag on the midfielder. Real Madrid are willing to offer 27m.

Marca reports Xabi Alonso has reached out to Rafa Benitez - "Let me leave for Real Madrid."
The paper also reports Udinese have slapped a 25m price on Gaetano D'Agostino, a price Real Madrid are unwilling to pay.

Manchester City have withdrawn their bid for Samuel Eto'o.

According to AS, "El Clasico" will be played November 29th at Camp Nou (Cadena SER says its November 28th.) The return leg will be played April 11that the Santiago Bernabeu.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema featured in Real Madrid's first official team training session. Kaka', Sergio Ramos, Raul Albiol and Iker Casillaswere absent due to post-Confederations Cup vacation.

According to Sport, Rafa Benitez has rejected Mascherano's exit talk.

According to Sport, Filipe Luis will try to convince Deportivo to accept Barcelona's offer.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Yo AirJordanSeattle23 - where can I get a long-sleeved England jersey online?

http://www.nikys-sports.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=67&idproduct=6382

http://www.onionbag.com/england-jerseys-149.aspx

http://www.soccer.com/Navigation.process?Ne=645&Srp=24&N=4294959189

http://www.subsidesports.com/us/national-teams/europe/england.html

i've ordered multipe jerseys from these stores. they're all legit, quick shipping, and have good customer service.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

I don't understand why we need Fabregas. We need another defender, we don't want to repeat the champions league last year and risk playing players out of position. Iniesta is better than Fabregas IDK why we need him.
rotation.depth.
you might find Fabregas very useful...
don't forget,top teams like Barca play over 50 games throughout a whole season...
it will certainly freshen up Xavi or Iniesta if Cesc was to replace ether one of them for a game or two...

Umm you want Cesc to be a rotation player? You don't pay 40-50 million euros for a rotation player. When used correctly, Cesc is one of the top all aroundfootballers in the world. You can't forget that Cesc is still really young and all the negatives to his game (lack of goals) could be easily worked out.Cesc would be a perfect fit at Barca, if they got rid of Xavi or Iniesta. That, in my opinion, makes no sense though, as they are both better players than Cescat this point. Iniesta was probably the world's best player during the second half last year and Xavi is as consistent as they come. He's right, Barcado not need Cesc, they need some to groom behind Henry and maybe a defender.

Originally Posted by BkMJ23

Umm you want Cesc to be a rotation player? You don't pay 40-50 million euros for a rotation player. When used correctly, Cesc is one of the top all around footballers in the world. You can't forget that Cesc is still really young and all the negatives to his game (lack of goals) could be easily worked out. Cesc would be a perfect fit at Barca, if they got rid of Xavi or Iniesta. That, in my opinion, makes no sense though, as they are both better players than Cesc at this point. Iniesta was probably the world's best player during the second half last year and Xavi is as consistent as they come. He's right, Barca do not need Cesc, they need some to groom behind Henry and maybe a defender.
what if Fabregas came in on a free transfer?
grin.gif

the transfer market...it is what it is...
don't get yourself absorbed by the crazy amounts of money you've seen over the last season or so...

anyway,i was merely pointing out how a player like Cesc can help or even improve Barca should the club make a move for him...
whether he plays or not is entirely up to the manager to decide...
wink.gif

if anything,Cesc should work even harder to prove that he's worthy of a starting place in the team...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

ya got the good games..we are stuck with bum #%+ america.
smh.gif
we are stuck with Chelsea
id rather have America than Chelsea

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Is Mahamadou Diarra a first teamer?

that's a good question.

i actually think he's better than lass. but when will he be healthy by?

i wouldn't be shocked if the club tries to sell him. i'm sure there will be enough clubs interested.

1927: Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is no longer on the market after returning to training with Italian champions Inter Milan on Friday, according to clubpresident Massimo Moratti.
Full story: Sky Italia

1354 BST: Celtic boss Tony Mowbray has ruled out a move for former Bhoys star Mark Viduka, who is available on a free transfer after seeing out hiscontract at Newcastle.
Full story: Sky Sports

1200 BST: Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Manchester United have not put in any offers for striker Sergio Aguero. Full story: Marca (Spanish)

1117 BST: Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has issued a hands-off warning to any club interested in signing centre-back David Wheater.
Full story: Sky Sports

TRANSFER GOSSIP

After pulling the plug on a deal to bring Samuel Eto'o to the club, Manchester City are also set to miss out on Carlos Tevez, who is in no rushto finalise his future with Chelsea reportedly also interested in the Argentine striker.
Full story: Daily Star

Alternatively, City will tie up a deal for Tevez before jetting out on their pre-season tour of South Africa on Wednesday.
Full story: The Sun

City will sign Tevez and are also set to increase the stakes in their pursuit of Chelsea defender and captain John Terry with a third bid worth£40m.
Full story: Daily Express

City captain Richard Dunne is determined not to leave Eastlands and is prepared to see out another season despite Stoke and Sunderland have each having £4moffers for the centre-back accepted.
Full story: DailyExpress

Manchester United have targeted Atletico Madrid forward Sergio Aguero and are willing to offer £30m plus Portuguese winger Nani to land theArgentine.
Fullstory: Daily Mirror

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has laughed off rumours linking the club with a move for French international midfielder Franck Ribery.
Fullstory: The Sun

However, Benitez is interested in Wigan midfielder Lee Cattermole - the subject of a failed £5m bid from Sunderland on Friday - as a possiblereplacement for Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano, who have been linked with moves away from Anfield.
Full story:Independent

Arsenal can rest easy this summer after Russian forward Andrey Arshavin denied any interest in a move to Champions League holders Barcelona, andbig-spending Real Madrid insisted they are not pursuing midfielder Cesc Fabregas. (Daily Express)

Tottenham are set to make a last-ditch attempt to hijack Everton's plans to sign Sheffield United's England Under-21 right-back KyleNaughton.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp wants Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones to be part of any deal that sees forward Darren Bent join the Black Cats.
Full story: DailyMirror

Everton have launched a £12m bid for Standard Liege captain Stephen Defour, formerly the midfield partner of Toffees' record signing MarouaneFellaini at the Belgian club.
Full story: TheSun

Fulham are closing in on an £11m deal for Portsmouth and England striker Peter Crouch after agreeing to sell forward Bobby Zamora to Hull.
Full story: Daily Mail

Sunderland are also chasing Crouch but may have to raise their bid to £15m in order to land the striker after having an £11m offer rejected byPompey.
Full story: The Times

Former Liverpool and Middlesbrough midfielder Boudewijn Zenden - currently with Marseille - claims Fulham want to bring him back to England to addexperience to their forthcoming European campaign.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Sunderland have won the £6m fight to sign Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell, who was also a target for Hull, West Ham andNewcastle.

Stoke are reeling after being snubbed by Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia, who has agreed to join Marseille in a £10m deal instead.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has given the green light to Aston Villa's £18m double swoop for Boro's attacking duo Stewart Downingand Tuncay.

Arsenal's French defender Mikael Silvestre is a target for French champions Bordeaux.

Bolton want to sign Real Betis midfielder Achille Emana but are struggling to meet the £11m asking price.

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is set to join the the chase for Aston Villa centre-back Zat Knight, who is also wanted by Bolton.

Burnley manager Owen Coyle is ready to clinch a £600,000 deal for Hamilton's Scottish Under-21 defender Brian Easton, who has expressed aninterest in a move to the Premier League.

OTHER GOSSIP

Alan Shearer is ready to walk out on Newcastle because he is sick of being kept in the dark over the club's future by owner Mike Ashley andmanaging director Derek Llambias.

Chelsea want the future of captain John Terry - a £30m Manchester City target - sorted out before they depart for their pre-season tour of America onThursday.
Full story: Daily Star

Indeed, Terry has insisted on a meeting with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to seek assurances about the club's future before committing himselfto the Blues.
Full story: The Times

A host of stars are set to turn their back on playing in England because of the more favourable financial conditions in Spain, where tax is capped at 40%and big earners can pay as little as 24% tax if they exploit a loophole and acquire "foreign executive" status.

Former Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has emerged as firm favourite to return to Southampton as manager, more than five years after he quit theclub.
Full story: Daily Express

AND FINALLY

Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho has launched a bizarre new blast at old foe Carlo Ancelotti - formerly AC Milan boss but now in charge at Chelsea- saying, "They say of Ancelotti in England that he is Prince Charles. But I only know one Prince Charles - and that is the Prince of Wales. Ancelotti isno friend of mine."
Manchester United players have been selecting their footballing heroes with club skipper Gary Neville selecting former Reds captain BryanRobson, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney going for Diego Maradona and boss Alex Ferguson opting for United legend Denis Law.

Imo, Lass is better at pressuring and hes really good on the ball. I'm a Mahamadou Diarra fan, bought his jersey last season. He was on fire before theinjury. The one major advantage Mahamadou has over Lass is his presence in the air. He wins almost every header.

Ideally, I'd keep both players. Unfortunately, I think Mahamadou may be let go. If thats the case, I hope he goes to a club capable of winning titles.

Back
Top Bottom