[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

All L.O does is rebound . His bball skill is far from great . Being 6'10 and can't post people up is not good in my opinion. He was never an offensive threat for any other team. He's replaceable . If it come down to the last minute trade situation i think some player like Luis Scola could replace him

laugh.gif
WOW HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED ODOM PLAY?? SERIOUSLY, HAVE YOU? NO,SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU?

Originally Posted by KenJi714

All L.O does is rebound . His bball skill is far from great . Being 6'10 and can't post people up is not good in my opinion. He was never an offensive threat for any other team. He's replaceable . If it come down to the last minute trade situation i think some player like Luis Scola could replace him
indifferent.gif
get the hellout ...are you serious??? i mean seriously, are you serious?????
roll.gif
roll.gif

please tell me who can replace odom right now?
someone thats 6'10 .. make threes ?, rebound and lead the fast break and get a layup?
please tell me who can replace him right now ?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by tupac003

Lamar won't be back....

I am wrapping my mind around that right now.

We have 84 mil committed for next season WITHOUT Lamar having a deal. If the Luxury tax cap drops like they say it will after next season, we will be paying close to 28 mil in luxury tax. I don't see Buss doing that.

I hope and pray he comes back...but I just don't see it happening.
man if tupac is saying this...im gonna believing hes not staying
frown.gif
...trevor doesnt look right in red...good luck if youre not with us youre against us

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Sashas championship ring> Malones
malones free throw ritual>sashas life
sashas rubberband> malones rogaine
malones pass at kobes wife>sashas passes (numerous times) at kobe
Sasha huntin cougars> Malone huntin lil mexican girls

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

laugh.gif
WOW HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED ODOM PLAY?? SERIOUSLY, HAVE YOU? NO, SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU?

Yes, watch every lakers games and i get pissed off seeing him missing lay ups and free throws. This is the guy who got a body that any basketballplayer dream of but he didn't use it to his advantage. If i were him id use that 6'10 frame and long arms to get inside , pump fake and draw fouls thengo to free throw to earn easy points. Odom is lazy and only choose to play when the right moment hit him. He's was never consistent for more than 2 gamesand therefore i think he's replaceable

Here's an idea, maybe not a good one but still an idea. One unheard of in the history of sports (I think). As Lakers fans, we all for the most part wantOdom back. How many Lakers fans in the world do you think there are? Dr. Buss has given us several years of great entertainment so why not as Lakers fan showhim appreciation by helping him out. How do we do that you may ask...

Make a $1 donation to ease the pain of the luxury tax. Shoot I will donate even $2 bucks to get Odom back. I would donate more but we are in a recession (andin Manny Ramirez's voice), it is a bad economy.

So, I will try to get in touch with my season ticket rep and tweet to Jeanie Buss and our local LA sports radio hosts to see how we can make this work.

Who's with me?

laugh.gif
WOW HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED ODOM PLAY?? SERIOUSLY, HAVE YOU? NO, SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU?
Yes, watch every lakers games and i get pissed off seeing him missing lay ups and free throws. This is the guy who got a body that any basketball player dream of but he didn't use it to his advantage. If i were him id use that 6'10 frame and long arms to get inside , pump fake and draw fouls then go to free throw to earn easy points. Odom is lazy and only choose to play when the right moment hit him. He's was never consistent for more than 2 games and therefore i think he's replaceable

who then ? who can you replace him with ? you keep saying hes replaceable , start naming names?

And before you start naming names, you need to realize what he does do.

- hit spot up threes
- run the floor (he does this ALOT when Kobe and Fisher are both out)
- rebound
- be 6'10" in the paint
- drive to the left all the damn time

Who can do that?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by herman818

Here's an idea, maybe not a good one but still an idea. One unheard of in the history of sports (I think). As Lakers fans, we all for the most part want Odom back. How many Lakers fans in the world do you think there are? Dr. Buss has given us several years of great entertainment so why not as Lakers fan show him appreciation by helping him out. How do we do that you may ask...

Make a $1 donation to ease the pain of the luxury tax. Shoot I will donate even $2 bucks to get Odom back. I would donate more but we are in a recession (and in Manny Ramirez's voice), it is a bad economy.

So, I will try to get in touch with my season ticket rep and tweet to Jeanie Buss and our local LA sports radio hosts to see how we can make this work.

Who's with me?
lmao id put in 10 dollars to help the lakers out...

laugh.gif
Yes, watch every lakers games and i get pissed off seeing him missing lay ups and free throws. This is the guy who got a body that any basketball player dream of but he didn't use it to his advantage. If i were him id use that 6'10 frame and long arms to get inside , pump fake and draw fouls then go to free throw to earn easy points. Odom is lazy and only choose to play when the right moment hit him. He's was never consistent for more than 2 games and therefore i think he's replaceable

0a0366992bc7592171f90270e6b1fb1a4431de6c.gif

And as far as fans "donating"

cc736c802c69562679e7082beb17f4d8227f91aa.gif

If they want LO back they'll find a way to pay him and compromise

^Honest to God, I am, but I wonder how effective that would be.

Maybe it would show the organization how much the fanbase wants it, and they'll go the extra mile to make sure Lamar will stay.

But if it were to come about, I would definitely throw in some $.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

laugh.gif
who then ? who can you replace him with ? you keep saying hes replaceable , start naming names?

Luis Scola, Tayshawn Prince, Sheed if he's still available, David West, Amare Statoumire, Antoine Jamison, Al harrington, etc to name a few.These guy pose more as offensive threat than Odom imo.

Lamar Odom is your favorite Laker's favorite Laker.

It's been said many times that he is pretty much the glue guy on the team. Aside from that, as mentioned, probably the most versatile player on the squad.Yes he's inconsistent and it's maddening as hell to watch, but this season, he stepped up in games that mattered. Remember how he dominated the Cavs onthe road? Remember him getting into KG's head at Boston? I think this past season was a turning point in his career. I also think he's found his nicheas a sixth man now, as that was a very big adjustment to him last season.

Maybe he'll never become an All Star, but don't undervalue what he has brought to the Lakers.

Look the only player that even would be a consideration is Rasheed Wallace and he's gone. Plus a locker room of Sheed and Artest would scare me. But evenSheed doesn't bring what Odom does to the table. Yes Odom can be frustrating at times cause of the lack of motivation. Everyone who watches him knows thatif he had the work ethic, fire and passion that Kobe has he would be one of the top 5 players in the L. But I am willing to setlle with him showing up 70% ofthe time cause he's that good when he does. He steps it up when the team needs him and thats fine with me. As far as his free throw shooting goes I believehe hit some big free throws in the playoffs, right? But some people in here saying that he hits 3's is a little bit of a over statement. He got hot forsome of the playoff series but for his career he has never been a good 3pt shooter, that why Phil didn't want to start him at the SF cause he couldn'tspread the floor..

KenJi714:

Luis Scola, Tayshawn Prince, Sheed if he's still available, David West, Amare Statoumire, Antoine Jamison, Al harrington, etc to name a few. These guy pose more as offensive threat than Odom imo.
The question wasn't 'Who poses more of an offensive threat than Odom?' The question was 'Who can replace Odom?'

And like I said, you need to realize what he does do.

- hit spot up threes
- rebound
- be 6'10" in the paint

Who can do that?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Odom is far from lazy, he just lacks the assertivenessnecessary to be a star player with the athleticism and talent he possesses. He's a jack of all trades, good at everything but not great in anythingparticular and that is why he fits perfectly with the Lakers coming off the bench. How many 6'10 players you know in the league with Odom type handles thatcan lead and finish on the break? Very few. As far as him not being a true big man and posting up in the paint, you should rewatch some Lakers games especiallyplayoff games against the Suns a few years back and see what he did to Marion in those series. Besides, Gasol, Bryant, and a hopefully more consistent Bynumare all asked to do more offensively on the blocks than Odom is asked to do anyways. He can play so many positions as well as guard them effectively. So foryou to say he's just an inconsistent good rebounder and easily replaced by someone like Scola is absolutely ridiculous.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

- hit spot up threes
- rebound
- be 6'10" in the paint

Who can do that?
nerd.gif
i give him the rebound and run the floor part but the he was never consistent with any of the other three skills you mention. I bow down to Odomin real life if he can score 20 points from the paint in a given game .

Hey if he take a pay cut that's great but yall are hyping him up too much. I remember almost all the Lakers fans in the season thread all voted to tradehim during the regular season and early in the playoff. Now yall think he's as valuable as gold
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

laugh.gif
Luis Scola, Tayshawn Prince, Sheed if he's still available, David West, Amare Statoumire, Antoine Jamison, Al harrington, etc to name a few. These guy pose more as offensive threat than Odom imo.

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
none of these guys can run the point forward like lamar at 6'10'' he has exceptional ball handling skills and he fits so well into the triangle

he would not be easily replaced. luis scola could not replace lamar at all luis is a stronger post player but he is not as nearly as versatile as LO

come on man juss cause you dont like lamar dont diminish his value to our squad

KenJi714:
23ska909red02:

- hit spot up threes
- rebound
- be 6'10" in the paint

Who can do that?
nerd.gif

i give him the rebound and run the floor part but the he was never consistent with any of the other three skills you mention. I bow down to Odom in real life if he can score 20 points from the paint in a given game .

Hey if he take a pay cut that's great but yall are hyping him up too much. I remember almost all the Lakers fans in the season thread all voted to trade him during the regular season and early in the playoff. Now yall think he's as valuable as gold
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Hey, if you want to live in this little fantasy world where Odom doesn't hit spot up threes and he doesn't stand 6'10" in thepaint (I have no idea how you crossed that one out, since it's impossible to negate. He's 6'10". If he's in the paint, then he's...6'10" in the paint
laugh.gif
) and he doesn't drive to the left allthe time, then you have fun in that fantasy world.

And no one said he's as valuable as gold. But a guy like that with his unique skill set, if you can keep him, you do it. The price has to be fair, but youkeep if you can. If he were demanding a 5/$60mil, trust me, no one in here would be hoping he stays.
laugh.gif
But for a fair price, you keep guy like that around if you have theopportunity.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

- hit spot up threes
- rebound
- be 6'10" in the paint

Who can do that?
nerd.gif
i give him the rebound and run the floor part but the he was never consistent with any of the other three skills you mention. I bow down to Odom in real life if he can score 20 points from the paint in a given game .

Hey if he take a pay cut that's great but yall are hyping him up too much. I remember almost all the Lakers fans in the season thread all voted to trade him during the regular season and early in the playoff. Now yall think he's as valuable as gold
tired.gif
laugh.gif
its funny coz he was avg 15 and 10 when drew went down and got all those playing time, the only reason why he dint avg as much this year wasbecause he came off the bench and dint really get the 40 + min a game until drew went down. so you got to factor that in why he dint score as much ...
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And lets be honest without Odom this year we don't win the finals and that's a FACT... I rather not take a chance on bringing in someone whodoesn't fit as well as maybe the STATS show.... We already made a BOLD move with Artest, if you change to many pieces you sometimes don't get the samepuzzle.. Keep Lamar unless he asks for a trade or he gets ridiculous cash from somewhere else... Living in Portland, I really have a bad feeling that if theBlazers don't get Milsap they will go for Odom. Not because they are really high on him but there is a lot of pressure on the GM to get a good veteranplayer here and a lot of Blazer fans love Odom's game. SO MITCH GET TO WORK!!

KenJi714, it's called loving the one you're with.

Scola would be awesome in the triangle and on the Lakers, but we can't have Scola.

It's Odom or nothing.

Would you prefer to have nothing?

And as far as sending Dr. Buss a donation for Odom's salary save your money. How do you think he pays these players there salaries? With the hard earnedmoney you have spent on his team already. Trust me Dr. Buss could pay Odom 10mill a year and be fine, he just wants to make the same or more money then theyear before.. He would have to take a smaller paycheck to pay Odom that much money... I'm not saying Buss isn't a great owner cause he is but ifhe's paying Kobe 25mill a year then he's making more then that every year.. Does your boss make less then you at your job? I think not.. He's justa smart business man thats all...

Back
Top Bottom