[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Not sure if it's here, but I thought it was funny so I'm sharing (again?):

@KamPashai Kid told Kobe he wouldn't win in LeBron's camp, Kobe told him that he wouldn't get dunked on in his own camp. Lol that's great!
about 3 hours ago from TweetDeck

^ thats funny

I was having a discussion with a friend today about Kobe and Lebron.. To me it just seems that Kobe handles himself a lot better then LeBron does.. Kobe proveshe's the best on the court but LeBron has to wear shirts that say "check the stats" and tats that proclaim him "King" James.. King ofwhat? It's almost like he needs to reassure himself and others of how good he is.. I loved LeBron when he first came into the L but now I can't standhim... If you are not a yes man and constently tell him that he's the greatest then he does not want you around..

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

And lets be honest without Odom this year we don't win the finals and that's a FACT... I rather not take a chance on bringing in someone who doesn't fit as well as maybe the STATS show.... We already made a BOLD move with Artest, if you change to many pieces you sometimes don't get the same puzzle.. Keep Lamar unless he asks for a trade or he gets ridiculous cash from somewhere else... Living in Portland, I really have a bad feeling that if the Blazers don't get Milsap they will go for Odom. Not because they are really high on him but there is a lot of pressure on the GM to get a good veteran player here and a lot of Blazer fans love Odom's game. SO MITCH GET TO WORK!!
WRONG

http://www.realgm.com/boa...ic.php?f=28&t=922676

"Odom is a moron. Hurting the Lakers is all good, but not at the expense of hurting ourselves."
"I'd rather KP (gm) trade B.Roy for peanuts to the Lakers than sign Odom, that's how much I hate the guy..."
"NO NO NO NO NO!!!! If you guys dont like Travis because he has a low BBIQ, you will hate this guy. HE IS A COMPLETE MORON!! I want Lamar Odom nowherenear this team."
"I dont want Odom anywhere near the Blazers. I would rather get nothing for our capspace than have him on the team"

and the funniest of all

"Low basketball IQ, Selfish, Not very good at the small forward position and most importantly a very bad influence to our young team been there donethat."

lol at anyone calling LO selfish
roll.gif

all of those quotes by the 2nd page smh

I was scared to death to wake up this morning and see if the rumors about the litle girl from Phoenix was true.
sick.gif

Thankfully, it looks like it's not.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EB4President

I think its pretty simple

Odom with Lakers= possible repeat

Lakers w/o Odom= will not repeat
Agreed. Can't believe people are really saying Odom isn't that good. I will admit he is not consistent, but when he is at the top of hisgame he can easily be starting All-Star weekend. No 6'10 guy can handle the ball like he can.

I heard this on the radio yesterday, they said if Odom goes somewhere else, takes a big contract, he would be under the radar every game to see how well hedoes.

But when he's on the Lakers, he's not expected to have big games. Just thought that was an interesting take.

I stumbled on the Rockets page on NBA.com, and Ariza in a Rockets jersey = Tragic.
frown.gif

Kobe does plenty of things on the level of Bron gettin the tapes. Like when he blocked Fisher's free throw so he wasn't the only one who"missed"
Or how if you ever beat him in one on one he won't let you out the gym til you play him again, etc etc etc.

They have differences, but it ain't like they all that different.

Hey whats up NT fam it's me Kidskillz858. I havent posted on here in a long time because I got banned over some BS reply on a Transformers 2 thread in thegeneral form.

Some of you guys know I'm working in Germany and moved out here 3 months ago. Even though I'm out here I still was watching every game on NBA Leaguepass international on my laptop and having to wake up at 3am to watch games live.

I got my official championship locker room hat & t-shirt, towel, and parade shirt from nbastore.com, just waiting for my NIKE cork shirt to arrvive. I hadno luck on getting the Kobe puppet hand 4 rings shirt. I'm just waiting for the NBA 2009 Laker world champions blu-ray video to go up for sale thenI'll be done with buying championship gearl.

As for the offseason. Trevor signing with Houston and Ron Ron now in the purple & gold didn't really surprise me when it went down, since we know RonRon for like the past 5 years has wanted to be a Laker to play with Kobe and to play for Phil Jackson in the triangle offense. As Trevor I wish him nothing butthe best for the rest of his career. It's to bad he listened to his agent and got corrupted by more money instead of letting his heart decide and to stayin his home town to be apart of a dynasty. I mean really if he thought about Houston's situtation with Yao gone for the whole season next year and possiblybeing done for his career and the Rockets shopping T-Mac around like crazy and T-Mac's contract being done after this season what does Tervor have to lookforward to in the future besides being apart of a franchise that will be starting all over again after this season.

EB4President wrote:

Co-sign.

All this other talk about Lamar only rebounding the ball is so STUPID I won't even address it.

We need Lamar. Lamar needs us. If he goes anywhere else I see a meltdown in his future. EVERYBODY on the team loves him, the fans love him and he loves thecity.

I really think its just going to take time either way. Its not like Ariza's situation where he thought we were going to over pay for him. Lamar knows wecan't over pay but its just going to take time to find middle ground or another team to overpay him. I don't know what the hell portland is thinkingabout but I just can't see him going there. They are the only team with cap room that wants to spend. We just have to see...

Originally Posted by tupac003

EB4President wrote:

Co-sign.

All this other talk about Lamar only rebounding the ball is so STUPID I won't even address it.

We need Lamar. Lamar needs us. If he goes anywhere else I see a meltdown in his future. EVERYBODY on the team loves him, the fans love him and he loves the city.

I really think its just going to take time either way. Its not like Ariza's situation where he thought we were going to over pay for him. Lamar knows we can't over pay but its just going to take time to find middle ground or another team to overpay him. I don't know what the hell portland is thinking about but I just can't see him going there. They are the only team with cap room that wants to spend. We just have to see...
Tupac what up man. Are you back in SD now. Man right now I'm miss my home town
ohwell.gif
but my contract out here will be done before I know it and I'll be backwith all my family and friends. I agree though man it's important that we get LO back not just because of his versatility on the court but him & DFishare 2 of the most vocal leaders on the team in the locker room.

^
Sup Skillz, glad all is well man.

The more teams sign guys and the more the money is dryin up around the league, the better our chances. Because no matter what the cash amount is, he isalready established in LA, knows the area, the role, the team, the system, and he knows he can win. Unless he plays for free in Boston or San Antonio, hedon't know for sure he can win.

While still holding my breath, it feels good to watch all the other teams sign other guys.
pimp.gif

Dwyane Wade appeared on Dan Patrick's radio show this morning, and Patrick brought up the subject of LeBron James' embarrassing posterization by Xavier's Jordan Crawford and the even more embarrassing confiscation of video proof of said dunk.

Wade revealed that Kobe Bryant alerted the Heat star to the controversy, and called on Wade and others to "give [LeBron] stuff" about it.

"At first I heard it and I said get out of here," Wade told Patrick. "And Kobe said, 'Man, you gotta call LeBron. You gotta give him stuff about this.' That's how we all are. When something is real we're going to say something to each other about it."

LeBron can silence photographers and college kids. But he can't silence colleagues with egos every bit as large as his own.
Link:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/10/kobe-leads-charge-to-free-jordan-crawford/

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by EB4President

see, I'm like;

with Odom & team presently constructed = repeat Championship

without Odom & team presently constructed = can still make it happen, just might be a harder road

I don't know if I'm alone or not on this, I'm just not as bleak as other fans(not calling anyone out btw)

Personally, I don't see us doing it without Odom.

All of these contenders got bigger in the paint...Cleveland with Shaq, Orlando with Bass, Boston with Sheed...

We had enough trouble with the bigs in Denver. Hell...Scola looked like an All-Star against our bigs.

We can't afford to lose Odom. If we do, I suppose we would have money left over. What would be our options? Everyone is getting signed...

Back
Top Bottom