[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Varejao gets 6 yrs 50 Million. Are you kidding me. This guy is not worth that much. If Varejao is getting 8+ Million a year, Odom's asking price of 10Million seems like a good deal now.

Varejao for 5/$60mil... Artest for 5/$32mil... Varejao for 5/$60mil... Artest for 5/$32mil... Varejao for 5/$60mil... Artest for 5/$32mil...

laugh.gif
roll.gif

CP, if you even think about saying that if you had the choice between Varejao for 5/$60mil or Artest for 5/$32mil and you would go with Anderson, so help meGod, if it becomes possible to reach through computer monitors...
laugh.gif

Marion also reportedly will get 5yrs/40 mill.......that seems about right for Odom, 8 mill per season

Varejao is definitely not worth that much. he has no offense, he just flops and draws charges and gets some offensive rebounds.

They had to pay Varejao that money or he will leave. Its that Koncak deal! LO is out of the country so hopefully when he gets back next week!

if morrison isn't taking the most shots on that squad, I'm gonna chief it up for him after not having done so in bout 5 yrs.

Mustafa Shakur?
sick.gif
roll.gif

Can't believe this guy was rated higher than Chris Paul and Aaron Brooks coming into college.

After watching the press conference and reading some of the posts, there were a couple of things I noticed..

1. From the press conference it is CLEAR that Bill Plaschke is looking to get under Artest's skin. All of his questions were about his issues of the pastand he took a quote out of context from Kobe about if the "team" was better with Ron Artest. He wrote a long article about how much he hated thismove and now he wants to prove that he was right. Look for him to constantley try to intaginize Artest, to get him to errupt so he can say "I told youso"..
2. I was reading some argument about Ron's FG% and yes it is pretty low but if you check Pau's and Lamar's FG% before they played with Kobe it wassignificantly lower.. No they did not shoot as low as Artest but when you play with someone that draws as much attention as Kobe does you tend to get goodlooks, better shots and easy buckets.. That is a FACT.. I don't expect Ron to shoot 50% cause he does shoot the 3 a lot and still needs to with this teamto spread the floor.. But I wouldn't be suprised if it went up to 46%-48%..

All in all, I'm happy about the move... I expect Phil will pull Artest to the side and tell Ron that he wants him to set the tone defensivley.. We saw allseason that it seemed that this Laker team needed its offense to get going for there denfense to show up.. I think Ron with bring that passion on D that willspark this Laker team to play better on D and fall in line... Anybody who plays ball knows that when you have that player on the court who just puts everythingout there on D it makes you wanna get after it too...

just my 2 cents but what do I know..

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

L2B:
okay okay CP and Ska i think you guys have both made your points.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Oh, I think y'all are in for a loooong, loooooooooooooong season.

[yoda] I fear, just the beginning, the last few pages of this thread is. [/yoda]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

50 Mil for AV is ridiculous.
smh.gif

Marion at 40 is robbery as well.

But, looks like Portland is now focused on Milsap and/or Bass, so they will leave Odom alone for a while. We need to get that deal done quick. If Milsapfalls thru, and Bass goes elsewhere, it's obvious Portland is desperate to sign anybody to make a splash, they'll throw all kinda dollars at Lamar,he'd have no choice but to take the money.

Hurry the @#$% Mitch.

laugh.gif

KenJi714 wrote:
Look what i found on NBA.com
frown.gif
smh.gif
Good luck Trev

arizaGallery.jpg

sick.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

Such a waste. Could have been something great here. I watched his press conference and I don't care what anybody says the boy looked sad. Artest wassmiling the whole time for his press conference.....

Such a shame.

Whatever Trev, you got gassed thinking you was worth 50 mill...knowing damn well LA couldn't afford that.

That Rockets team is going no where.

he brought it upon himself ill miss him but dont feel sorry for him one bit dudes gotta stop lettin their agents screw up their careers

damn Trev, that's ugly

but you're my dude & we appreciate what you did for us, I wish you luck(besides the times you face us
devil.gif
)

Ronny had great years w/us then faded when he bolted for Gsw, hope that doesn't happen to Trevor

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Ronny had great years w/us then faded when he bolted for Gsw, hope that doesn't happen to Trevor
I wouldn't say Ronny had great years with us, nor would I say that he faded. This past season, he had career highs in rebounds, blocks,assists, minutes, field goal percentage, and free throw percentage.

Trev was my dude but i aint sad anymore. We gotta move on. Dude is makin his money and has moved on as well. No more being sad, we have LO to worry about andanother championship run to make.

Anybody hear the crazy RUMOR of a sign & trade of LO for Amare? I wouldn't know how to feel it this happened. We lose/gain so much at the same time.

Originally Posted by travman24

Anybody hear the crazy RUMOR of a sign & trade of LO for Amare? I wouldn't know how to feel it this happened. We lose/gain so much at the same time.

if that rumor includes sasha i'd be semi-happy
laugh.gif
but that wouldnt begood cause who is gonna come off the bench amare or bynum ?

id rather have odom cause he is so much more versatile than amare

Back
Top Bottom