[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

pimp.gif
...rons that dude...please let odom resign...if not for basketball playing...just simply for the straight comedy lmao

Yes im waay LATE on the ARTEST debate...

But i've been against this ARTEST signing since day one, and said so in this thread & the season rumors thread....

I see a lot of people are underestimating ''CHEMISTRY''....Which takes time to build....This isnt 2k9 or fantasy league..

When was the last time a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM made a significant change to their STARTING lineup and went on to REPEAT???

This is a genuine question, not argument material.....Just curious because i cant recall that happening...

Its hard enough to REPEAT, now we have to learn how to play with a new/strong personality...
frown.gif
....DOESNT SEEM LIKE A SMART MOVE I.M.O.!!

Originally Posted by MJsaver

But i've been against this ARTEST signing since day one, and said so in this thread & the season rumors thread....

I see a lot of people are underestimating ''CHEMISTRY''....Which takes time to build....This isnt 2k9 or fantasy league..

When was the last time a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM made a significant change to their STARTING lineup and went on to REPEAT???

This is a genuine question, not argument material.....Just curious because i cant recall that happening...

Its hard enough to REPEAT, now we have to learn how to play with a new/strong personality...
frown.gif
Good question MJ, that's a very fair question.

I will just say this. Look around at other teams. SA/DAL/BOS/CLE/ORL

Those teams all improved. IMO LA didn't shoot themselves in the foot with getting Ron. Especially if LA is fortuante enough to get to the Finals.. playingCLE or BOS would be frightening knowing LA would only have Trevor and Kobe to guard PP/Allen or LBJ and gang

^ I mean, Ariza tried to strongarm us, and in the middle of that, Artest came through like 'Hey, I'll play for less than I'm probably worth. Idon't know what I'm worth, because I don't care about a contract battle. Interested?'

One in the hand is better than two in the bush... which actually has kind of a literal translation here.
L2B:
okay okay CP and Ska i think you guys have both made your points.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Oh, I think y'all are in for a loooong, loooooooooooooong season.

[yoda] I fear, just the beginning, the last few pages of this thread is. [/yoda]

frown.gif
A team that made a significant change to the starting lineup and went to repeat?

That would be the LA Lakers
happy.gif
Shaq and Kobe were the only starters forall 3 rings. Each ring year had 8, 14, and 13 different starting lineups during the season.

Does that put you at ease bro?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ I mean, Ariza tried to strongarm us, and in the middle of that, Artest came through like 'Hey, I'll play for less than I'm probably worth. I don't know what I'm worth, because I don't care about a contract battle. Interested?'

One in the hand is better than two in the bush... which actually has kind of a literal translation here.
L2B:
okay okay CP and Ska i think you guys have both made your points.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Oh, I think y'all are in for a loooong, loooooooooooooong season.

[yoda] I fear, just the beginning, the last few pages of this thread is. [/yoda]
Yeah let's say LA waited around for Trevor to test the waters.. meanwhile Ron says, F it, I can't wait for LA, I need to go to a teamwhere I can get a ring...... and signs with Cleveland.

Trevor goes for the money with either Portland or Toronto

LA is stuck only with Odom and Hill or someone else. NO THANKS

Take what you can when you can.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

knightngale:
CP is starting to sound worse than in this thread alone has surpassed ska and his hate antipathy for kobe
smh.gif
Fixed.

I have different Kobe sneakers. CP, what would you do with a pair of Artest's sneakers if I game them to you? You wouldn't rock with a pair of free Artests, but I've bought Kobes.

And I've always wiped the slate clean with Kobe in the offseason, hoping that the next season would be the season he wins me over, and every season, he gets a liiiiiittttttle bit closer. But we haven't even started the season yet, and CP's already gone all doomsday on the signing.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

If Kobe finally leading the Lakers to a championship couldn't win you over I doubt he ever will.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by man listen

A team that made a significant change to the starting lineup and went to repeat?

That would be the LA Lakers
happy.gif
Shaq and Kobe were the only starters for all 3 rings. Each ring year had 8, 14, and 13 different starting lineups during the season.

Does that put you at ease bro?
laugh.gif
Whew, it does
laugh.gif
..................Somewhat....Least i know itpossible...

Ill only NITPICK 1 thing, A TEAM WITH SHAQ & KOBE is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANIMAL.....

I wont go on & on about ARTEST, I agree it was an uprade when you put him & TREV side by side....But it isnt always that SIMPLE...

I just feel like were taking a big RISK, when we didnt have to.....THATS ALL....

I hope im waay off base though....
laugh.gif

i like this squad. i know Artest will keep his cool. Him and LO will get a bond going again and make it happen. watch out.

I just feel like were taking a big RISK, when we didnt have to.....THATS ALL....

I hope im waay off base though....
laugh.gif
think about it... we got the zen master that will make it happen...

Gasol in the middle Bynum(lame) on the right, LO on the left and Kobe on that gunslinger routine and fisher....

This Laker squad is more like a swiss army switchblade......

We got the WEST on LOCK for sure..... THE EAST is up for GRABS.....

laugh.gif

Let me just speak on how I feel about Ron wearing purple & gold.

At first, I was against him coming to L.A ... one reason is because I didn't think the Lakers had enough $ to make a run at him.

But when you look at it, it just makes TOO much sense for him to come here.

Say what you want about Ron's past, there is one thing you will never question about him ... and that he gives FULL EFFORT day in and day out.

He's been put in sorry !!* situations: Kings and Rockets.

This Lakers team is by far one of more balanced teams in the league ... but we were missing one thing and that was toughness.

We were banking on dudes like Pau Gasol to get big and tough, when that just isn't him.

The Rockets took on the personality of Ron and it was a tough, gritty defensive minded team ... and our Laker team should never be called soft as long ashe's on the court.

A couple factors were important of Ron coming to L.A and it was Kobe, Phil and Mitch / Buss lobbying hard for him to come here.

Kobe knows what this team needed once Trevor didn't accept that offer, I'm content with Ron being here.

There's nothing we can do but !%@#@ and complain for those who don't like him here, but let's just support him and hope for an outcome like lastseason.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I hope Ron beats up on Sasha Drew a lil maybe it will influence him to become a man up. Id love for Sasha to get lost in the Rocky Mountains Drew to get a mean streak.
fixed.
wink.gif

But wait...there's more!

Vlad had started more games than any other SF when the Lakers off'd him this season. Ariza didn't become a starter until March and started in lessgames than Luke Warm going into the playoffs.

The Shaq/Kobe teams were monsters but this team is waaay more balanced. There's a blurb on the Lakers website showing that they put all these things intoconsideration when signing Artest and why he'll fit in better than he has in Hou/Sac....gimme a sec....

Mamba MVP:
DontStepOnMyShoes:
I hope Ron beats up on severely injures Sasha and beats up on Drew a lil maybe it will influence him to become a man up. Id love for Sasha to get lost in the Rocky Mountains and to be injured to the point where he could never play NBA basketball again and Drew to get a mean streak.
fixed.
wink.gif

Fixed.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, I could never wish injury on someone. Actually, the way Sashaplays, maybe a little grit in Ron Artest could do him well, because he already plays high energy.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Anyone got info on our summer league squad? Roster? Schedule? and yes im too lazy to google.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

LOS ANGELES LAKERS SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER
No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate From NBA Exp.

15 Alan Anderson G/F 6-6 223 10/16/82 Michigan St. 2
50 Aron Baynes C 6-11 270 12/9/86 Washington St. R
11 Dominique Coleman G 6-3 190 7/15/84 Colorado R
41 Chinemelu Elonu F 6-10 240 3/11/87 Texas A&M R
23 Tony Gaffney F 6-8 220 11/14/84 Massachusetts R
14 Terrel Harris G 6-5 190 8/10/87 Oklahoma St. R
1 Justin Hawkins F 6-7 220 5/18/85 New Mexico St. R
30 Ben McCauley F 6-8 235 9/6/86 North Carolina St. R
35 David Monds F 6-8 240 10/10/83 Oklahoma St. R
6 Adam Morrison F 6-8 205 7/19/84 Gonzaga 3
10 Taylor Rochestie G 6-1185 7/1/85 Washington St. R
55 Luke Schenscher C 7-1 260 12/31/82 Georgia Tech 2
20 Mustafa Shakur G 6-3 190 9/6/86 Arizona 1

LOS ANGELES LAKERS SUMMER LEAGUE SCHEDULE (All Times PDT)
Friday July 10 5:00pm Lakers vs. Raptors Cox Pavillion
Saturday July 11 3:00pm Lakers vs. Cavs Cox Pavillion
Monday July 13 5:30pm Lakers vs. Clippers Thomas & Mack Center
Tuesday July 14 5:30pm Lakers vs. Thunder Thomas & Mack Center
Thursday July 16 3:00pm Lakers vs. Rockets Cox Pavillion

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/8843

Back
Top Bottom