[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Ariza can be a spectator no matter where he signs. (unless its with the Lakers of course).

It hurts more when your in the same city... SURROUNDED BY LAKER FANS.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60289/20090702/bucher_reports_artest_to_cleveland_instead
[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60289/20090702/artest_to_sign_with_lakers/Bucher Reports: Artest to Cleveland Instead
[/h1]

Jul 02, 2009 9:55 PM EST
Artest_Ron_hou.jpg

David Baumanm, Ron Artest's agent, told Ric Bucher that Artesthas pulled a fast one on the Lakers, and Artest is going to join LeBron James and the Cavaliers.
"Artest had a change of heart" Baumanm said to Bucher. "Apparently, Kobe (Bryant) didn't want Artest there."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. It was a supposed done deal untilBryant heard of the news, and wanted Mitch to get Trevor Ariza back.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

Artest later tweeted, "I gonna try and help them repeat, but that's now how they wanted to get down! Sup Ohiooooo!"

The Cleveland Plain dealer confirms Bucher's report via Artest's agent.

Via Plain Dealer

I'm trying too hard.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60289/20090702/bucher_reports_artest_to_cleveland_instead
[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60289/20090702/artest_to_sign_with_lakers/Bucher Reports: Artest to Cleveland Instead
[/h1]

Jul 02, 2009 9:55 PM EST
Artest_Ron_hou.jpg

David Baumanm, Ron Artest's agent, told Ric Bucher that Artest has pulled a fast one on the Lakers, and Artest is going to join LeBron James and the Cavaliers.
"Artest had a change of heart" Baumanm said to Bucher. "Apparently, Kobe (Bryant) didn't want Artest there."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. It was a supposed done deal until Bryant heard of the news, and wanted Mitch to get Trevor Ariza back.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

Artest later tweeted, "I gonna try and help them repeat, but that's now how they wanted to get down! Sup Ohiooooo!"

The Cleveland Plain dealer confirms Bucher's report via Artest's agent.

Via Plain Dealer

I'm trying too hard.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

this better not be real nevermind....phew....was gonna have to renig 5 facebook status'

laugh.gif
@ Mr. Lee *$@+%@+ everything up for Ariza.

Have fun in H-Town homie.

You had a chance, but I guess almost $6M / year wasn't good enough
roll.gif

You're bout to get exposeddddd.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

laugh.gif

roll.gif

whats the hate for? dude is 24 years old with a ring already looking for a big pay day to live off of and take care of his family.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif

roll.gif

whats the hate for? dude is 24 years old with a ring already looking for a big pay day to live off of and take care of his family.
he didnt even get paid though! thats the thing. how are you going to decline the lakers offer and then take someone elses offer for the sameamount? youre leaving LA, youre hometown, all your familys here, the fans support you, youre in a good situation where the offense caters to your skills, forhouston?! where hes going to be relied on to create his own shot?

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Funny thing is that is what he's going to get from Houston.
laugh.gif

This is prob how the conversation with his agent went.

Trev: Alright, let's just re-up for the MLE.
David Lee: Nah, I'll make it seem like we are going to leave for a bigger contract. Then LA will give in and match that. If not we can always still takethe MLE.
Trev: You better not %#*@ this up.
David Lee: Ummm, bad news and good news. Lakers would rather have Artest, but Houston will give you the MLE.
Trev: !*#%#@$+%*%!

laugh.gif

roll.gif

But the thing is, the rumored deal is somewhere along the lines of what Artest is getting.

Lakers had that payday on the table and Ariza was disappointed by it.

In the end him and agent look straight DUMB because Mr. Lee drove his !@@ out of L.A.

Now he's gonna be stuck in humid @*! H-Town, playing with a broken Yao, a microfactured knee in T-Mac (also a lazy eye), Shane Battier (looks like he'sgonna get traded) and oh yeah, Brian Cook is on that squad ... how weird
laugh.gif

*Edit: Marc Spears of Boston Globe is reporting 5 years, $33 million for Ariza in Houston

laugh.gif
looks like the exact deal L.A offered to him, OUCH.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

But the thing is, the rumored deal is somewhere along the lines of what Artest is getting.

Lakers had that payday on the table and Ariza was disappointed by it.

In the end him and agent look straight DUMB because Mr. Lee drove his !@@ out of L.A.

Now he's gonna be stuck in humid @*! H-Town, playing with a broken Yao, a manufactured knee in T-Mac (also a lazy eye), Shane Battier (looks like he's gonna get traded) and oh yeah, Brian Cook is on that squad ... how weird
laugh.gif

*Edit: Marc Spears of Boston Globe is reporting 5 years, $33 million for Ariza in Houston

laugh.gif
looks like the exact deal L.A offered to him, OUCH.
Exactly, Ariza and Lee looking straight up "retarted,"

Word to ERACISM.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Funny thing is that is what he's going to get from Houston.
laugh.gif

This is prob how the conversation with his agent went.

Trev: Alright, let's just re-up for the MLE.
David Lee: Nah, I'll make it seem like we are going to leave for a bigger contract. Then LA will give in and match that. If not we can always still take the MLE.
Trev: You better not %#*@ this up.
David Lee: Ummm, bad news and good news. Lakers would rather have Artest, but Houston will give you the MLE.
Trev: !*#%#@$+%*%!
YOOOOOO
laugh.gif
HAHHAAHA tell me y this is prolly the exact way it went down... u got wire taps fam?

im giddy like a teenage schoolgirl... this is toooo perfect

great day for my team

Trevor's agent is straight bananas

but overall, Ron is a better basketball player right now so this will make us better

Trevor has great upside cuz of his youth, but it's his loss to leave LA for HOU for the same $$$

now lets sign LO and we're set.

By the way, what if we can't sign LO? What are your guys' options/preferences?

If we can't sign him, I'd prefer Rasheed.

but signing LO is a huge priority

- Marion
- Hill
- Kleiza
- Varejao
- Rasheed

others?

Back
Top Bottom