[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

With a stacked lineup like Fish, Kobe, Artest, Pau, and Bynum, you know who we are? The Yankees.

How have the Yankees done this decade with buying everyone else's star players? Abreu from Philly, Giambi from Oakland, Damon from Boston, Soriano from Texas, Gary Sheffield from Atlanta, Randy Johnson from Houston, Kevin Brown from the Dodgers... and what do they have to show for it this decade?

Apples and Oranges Ska....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hai gaiz... I just had a thought.

A bad one.

With a stacked lineup like Fish, Kobe, Artest, Pau, and Bynum, you know who we are? The Yankees.

How have the Yankees done this decade with buying everyone else's star players? Abreu from Philly, Giambi from Oakland, Damon from Boston, Soriano from Texas, Gary Sheffield from Atlanta, Randy Johnson from Houston, Kevin Brown from the Dodgers... and what do they have to show for it this decade?

I don't mind going down the road 'buy other team's stars' if it leads to 'buy other team's stars and win championships, but if the Yanks are indication, that's not how it always works out.

nerd.gif

Sorry for the sprinkles; I know there are two parades going on with us right now.
laugh.gif
No.

A bad one.

I don't mind going down the road 'buy other team's stars' if it leads to 'buy other team's stars and win championships, but if the Yanks are indication, that's not how it always works out.

nerd.gif

Sorry for the sprinkles; I know there are two parades going on with us right now.
laugh.gif
I feel like a kid who just got a cone of vanilla ice cream and my older brother smacking it out of my hand and it falling to the ground.
laugh.gif

A bad one.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Debbie_Downer.jpg

We have Phil and Kobe not A-Fraud and Girardi proven winners not like the Yanks...we just did something really smart and for all the flack we were giving Mitcha few years ago...dude is a freaking GENIUS. If he finds someway to get rid of Sasha....I'm calling it GOAT!!

Originally Posted by franchise3

Kobe tells Yahoo if Phil isn't back he'd like JVG or Nate McMillen to take over the reigns. I can't cut and paste stuff on my phone, so yeah

then laker fans should be happy the front office stop letting kobe play GM

A bad one.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

But I don't see how we "bought" him. WE wanted to give that money to Ariza. He didn't want it. So we made a move.

We just have to see how it works. This is going to be one hell of a season anyway.

Bob Plaske is killing the Lakers on KLAC right now.

I think the only way this comes back to bite us is if Trevor does go to the Cavs.

Not to compare yall to the Clippers......

.....But Elton Brand made the same kind of commitment to the Clippers, saying he'd come to LA with Baron.

He verbally agreed upon it just as Ron Artest has.

I'm just saying...
nerd.gif

Whoa this some outta nowhere kinda stuff...didn't see this coming at all!!

I thought nobody wanted him on the squad lol

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How does Plashke still have a job?

He was on ATH today saying 100% ariza will be back, now he's looking as dumb as he did when he was on his period ranting on about Manny Ramirez.

A bad one.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Fish, Odom and Bynum are not all-stars
Artest hasn't been an all-star in many years

Kobe and Pau are the only legit all-stars on this team
Look at the Lakers of the 80s - 3 HOFers on one team, and that's not including McAdoo, Wilkes, Cooper, Green, Scott

....and those teams did pretty well

Mamba MVP:
We have Phil and Kobe not A-Fraud and Girardi proven winners not like the Yanks
That's what's up.
smokin.gif

tupac003:
23ska909red02:

But I don't see how we "bought" him. WE wanted to give that money to Ariza. He didn't want it. So we made a move.
I wasn't so much talking about 'buying other team's stars' as much as I was simply havingother team's stars.
purpleRElGN:
the 04 squad was more like yankees imo
True, but how'd that work out? Losing in the Finals? We just did that again a couple years ago. Bump that.
laugh.gif

Lizaker4Lizife:
Artest hasn't been an all-star in many year
That's my other point: going after people who were stars on other teams then picking them up after they haven't been All Stars for awhilehasn't worked out for the Yanks.

And I hope we're not heading down that road, or if we are, it bodes better for us.

purpleRElGN:
True, but how'd that work out? Losing in the Finals? We just did that again a couple years ago. Bump that.
laugh.gif

i meant that squad doesnt really look like the current one
grin.gif

Mamba MVP:
We have Phil and Kobe not A-Fraud and Girardi proven winners not like the Yanks
That's what's up.
smokin.gif

tupac003:
23ska909red02:

I wasn't so much talking about 'buying other team's stars' as much as I was simply having other team's stars.
purpleRElGN:
laugh.gif

Lizaker4Lizife:
Artest hasn't been an all-star in many year
That's my other point: going after people who were stars on other teams then picking them up after they haven't been All Stars for awhile hasn't worked out for the Yanks.

And I hope we're not heading down that road, or if we are, it bodes better for us.

Dont b dumb fam... awful comparison... because n the past 2 years weve picked up 2 stars from other teams?

The Yankees picked up more than that this offseason alone... now if we go sign Rasheed or sumone completely unnecessary i could maybe see it
grin.gif

making one key acquisition a year has proven to be a successful practice...

now who thinx we winnin 72 games?
tongue.gif

haha win one for ron ron.

well you get ariza at bargain basement price, sign him to a one year deal and give him sig minutes(improve his own market value), win a chip. ariza i'msure has no complaints, he's in a much better situation than 1-2 years ago. if anything, we can just get him back sometime in the future.

yeah he was nice bc he was not overtly brash and made a difference in the run, but if you asked anyone last summer who they would want - artest or ariza -anyone would have said artest.

Back
Top Bottom