[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

How do you guys feel about Nick Calathes at 29? He's a prototypical triangle offense PG at 6'5 and can shoot. Lakers can draft him, and store him overseas to save some money for Lamar and Trevor.

but kupchak is already thinking about trading the pick

maybe some idiot GM can take the 1st pick and one of our trash players for a decent player (a PG)

do it mitch
pimp.gif

Mitch trying to trade Jordan Farmar to the Houston Rockets, but they declined.

Yessss, get rid of this bum.

Edit:
[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60063/20090625/source_rockets_turn_down_offer_from_lakers/[/h1]
[h1]Source: Rockets Turn Down Offer From Lakers[/h1]

Jun 25, 2009 8:52 AM EST

Farmar_Jordan_lal.jpg
The Lakers contacted the Rockets about dealing for Jordan Farmar or purchasing their first-round pick.

Houston turned Los Angeles down, according to a pair of NBA sources.

The Lakers would be expected to get anywhere from $500,000 to $1 million for the 29th overall pick.

"Absolutely," general manager Mitch Kupchak said when asked if the club would considering dealing the selection. "Sure."

^
What was he asking from Houston for Farmar?

I don't know if I agree with that move, I thought when JF was healthy early in the year he played solid. If he works on his game all summer and stayshealthy next year, he adds a lot to our team. (provided he works hard)

Sell, sell, sell some of those draft picks.

Lakers got 3 PG's, so they have to unload one but I was definitely surprised it was Farmar who would be first to potentially unload.

I personally don't like the idea of trading Ears unless Mitch is going out and getting another PG.

They need all 3 again next year

The way I see it, if they can trade JFarm - that means S.Brown will be kept.

If they can trade him, they'll draft a PG in this PG-heavy draft at 29.

Dfish / S.Brown (who'll get a majority of the mins) / 29th pick.

That's how I see it.

I think the Lakers management are a little annoyed at jFarms progress as a player ON BOTH sides of the court, settles too much and could never run the triangleeffectively.

If it means trading Jfarm to get Brown re-signed, I'll all for it.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

I personally don't like the idea of trading Ears unless Mitch is going out and getting another PG.

They need all 3 again next year
They can keep all 3. Mitch was definitely unloading cap space, for draft picks in return.

Sun Yue needs to go, just because. I hope the Lakers don't pick up his option this coming year. They can give that money to Brown.

I would resign Josh Powell, and or go after Antonio McDyess. Once you take care of the small pieces, you can start the Ariza/ Odom talks.
pimp.gif

And I'm all for drafting a PG, because D-Fish has at least 1 or 2 more good years (effective) in him.

Thing with the draft is I think it's obvious LA isn't going to keep the pick or if they do it's going to be Calethes or a foreign guy they can keepoverseas.

So I don't think fans should depend on the 29th as insurance for a third PG should LA trade Ears

- Trade Ears.
- Sign Kidd.
- Kidd starts, Fish comes off the bench, Brown gets some burn behind Fish.
-
happy.gif

Well the Lakers sold pick 29 to the knicks for 3mil

if we end up trading brooks, i wouldnt mind farmar

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60072/20090625/knicks_say_they_have_bought_29th_overall_pick/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Say They Have Bought 29th Overall Pick[/h1]

Jun 25, 2009 1:46 PM EST

The Knicks are telling colleagues they have purchased the 29th overall pick from the Lakers.

The club plans on drafting a point guard with the 8th overall selection and a big at 29.

Mitch Kupchak said on Wednesday that the team intended to sell its pick and use to money to help re-sign free agents Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza.

Not bad considering Mitch was expecting 500k - $1M.

Damn, 3 million for the second to last pick in the first round, really now?!?! Wow.

Yep that move was pretty obvious

Now please don't do anything foolish and leave yourself with only Fish and Brown with no first round pick
ohwell.gif

Knicks continue to overpay for everything don't they?
laugh.gif

I thought Lakers would get 1M or even 2M, and I thought I was reaching.

*Lakers insert 3M into piggy bank*

Wish List:
  1. Ariza
  2. Odom
  3. Brown

Mitch just continues to amaze me lately.

3 mil for the second to last pick...
laugh.gif

That's more then half of the MLE right there for ariza.

Back
Top Bottom