[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

still salty about Shaq leaving?
laugh.gif

The lakers would not have won anything even if he had stayed. The team was too old and slow with trash role players.
The only reason he won in Miami is because that team was stacked.

grin.gif
with the same old "all I said was" like if it isn'tobvious

Will the Lakers hold on to Sun Yue?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by dyyhard

2qbr5ns.jpg

hilight of the issue - one western conference coach(not named) said Kobe maybe the greatest to have played the game...
What is this? Is it on newstands, or do I have to order it, or wassup?

you can pick it up on newstands but you can order the hardcover edition at www.sichampsbook.com orcalling 800-889-5178

the oc register also did a compilation of the season and some peeps where saying its better than the si one since its all about the lakers and bigger which youcan order here:

http://www.lalakers09champs.com/

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by dyyhard

2qbr5ns.jpg

hilight of the issue - one western conference coach(not named) said Kobe maybe the greatest to have played the game...
What is this? Is it on newstands, or do I have to order it, or wassup?

CP1708 - there is the regular issue "Kobe's moment" -- diff cover. This commerative edition is at bookstores $7.99. got it here @costco here for$5.59. not sure if it's available outside the region, but I don't see why it wouldn't be with SI. if you need one let me know or whoever you dealwith in socal should be able to help you out.
whatever happens in negotiations, I'm sure Buss won't have to fly out to Spain to meet Kobe this time around.
laugh.gif

but my thing I learned this year is that it's tough to second guess Phil, especially how he stuck with Fish the whole way through and along the samelines, Kupchak also should deserve the same treatment.

laugh.gif
@ 'I was applying context to what you said' being the alternative to 'I was wrong. I assumed you meant something you didn't say.'

Whatever, though.

And no, knightngale, I'm not still salty about Shaq leaving, because I was never salty to begin with. Assume what you want, but that's a fact.

And I wasn't even bringing Shaq up to drudge through again, ol' Johnny Come Lately.
laugh.gif
I brought it up to refer back to what I was talking about whenI say that the team chose Kobe once and it'd be nice to see him choose the team this time around. I merely brought the Shaq feud up as a preemptive answerto the question 'When did the team choose Kobe?', so people would know exactly what I was talking about, without having to assume things to startmeaningless, trivial arguments.

Guess that didn't really work out for me, which is why people become so frustrated with Kobe fans on here. Nothing even REMOTELY negative can be said aboutKobe by certain people on here, and I'm one of those people. Certain members on here can ONLY say positive things about Kobe or else certain other membersrun to his defense. I can't say anything neutral about him (neither negative or positive) nor can I anything negative about him without there being sometrivial argument generally based around 'Ska, leave him alone!!' I've even said positive things about Kobe before and had you guys run to hisdefense, giving me riot act about not meaning it, or only saying it because Kobe won the game, or not saying more positive things.

Like... damn.
laugh.gif
Let someone you've labeled 'Kobe hater' say something like 'I doubt Kobe restructures his contract' without answeringyour impulse to take arms. Let someone you've got in your sights say the words 'Kobe' and 'Shaq' in a way that doesn't cast Kobe in thebest light, and be o.k. with that.

Dyhard, PM sent.
pimp.gif

Ska, if Kobe takes a max deal, we might as well buy his and his kevlar together. Cuz I'm comin in firin like this was a Blazers just traded for Steve Nashthread.

Off of my personal assumption, i definitely see Buss paying the luxury tax to keep both Odom and Ariza.. Odom said he would take less money so i dont see anyreason not to sign him.. dude is wayyyy too talented (even though he is good for a bonehead play or two during the course of a game) dude CAME THROUGH for usthis post season.. i dont care what anyone says, if Lamar wasnt there to fill in for Bynums 3 fouls in the first 3 minutes of every single playoff game wewould have been in a lot of trouble and our road to a championship would have been far far tougher.

As for Ariza, hopefully dude stays humble. Ariza is probably my 2nd favorite player on the team (seeing him POSTERIZE G.Hill live in attendance on XMas day 2years ago solidified it) But i think we can all agree hes no all star and hopefully he wont be asking for a huge contract. Id rather pay Odom than Ariza to becompletely honest. Should be an interesting offseason.. i dont see any major additions happening and hopefully we are running with basically the same squadcome the beginning of next season.

Hopefully we can sign Shannon Brown though cause who knows how much DFish has in the tank.. i know i wasnt the only one who was not feelin' Fisher in thelineup before the Finals started.

Ahhh eff it.. lets just celebrate
pimp.gif

I know I know its old news but a friend and I were discussing if Lakers had kept Caron Butler, would they have won sooner. I said yes. opinions?

Also, I would hope that Kobe doesn't opt out for more money. In that event, I would blame him for team not being able to re-sign LO and TA. I don'tthink he should opt out to lower deal either. Buss made enough in playoffs the past two years to pay luxury tax. Don't be cheap...REPEAT!(at any costnecessary)

Butler led to Kwame, led to Gasol, = no, not winning any sooner then how it happened.

I hope we can get byron Scott, or B-Shaw once Phil is all done...def not Kurt Rambis I was hoping he wouldn't have turned down Sacto

Yeah, that's prolly the only good thing that Kwame gave us.. well, i should say the ONLY good thing
laugh.gif

why Byron Scott? The Hornets quit on him this year and his offense is basically pick n roll and let Paul do whatever he wants.

Jeff Van Gundy>Scott

Buss better sign Ariza, Odom, AND Brown now that the Spurs got Jefferson

Even though I wish kobe would opt out and take less...

I think we will be ok. The Economic down turn could be in out favor. Not to many teams want to throw crazy money out there right now. We just saw a salarydump by the spurs. The only team I could see wanting to spend money anyway is the cavs becasue they want to keep Lebron happy. Plus like I said everybody isfocused on next years FA class. If we can get these players locked up early we should be ok. Mitch should be on the phone with Lamar's and Ariza'sagent right now.

We just have to see what happens. All this back and forth might be much ado about nothing.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I hope we can get byron Scott, or B-Shaw once Phil is all done...def not Kurt Rambis I was hoping he wouldn't have turned down Sacto
I'm not sold on Byron Scott, but I would be fairly comfortable with Bryan Shaw

Kudos on JVG>Scott. I was talking about this with my roomies the other day. If we had JVG's defensive coaching and the Lakers' already establishedoffensive talents, it would literally be unfair to the rest of the league. But for sentimentality sake, Scott would be a cool coach to have come around for alittle while.

Why do you guys want Byron Scott?

He isn't that great of a coach. He's been lucky to have the two best PGs. It's not a good sign when both teams he's coached for (Nets andHornets) quit on him.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Why do you guys want Byron Scott?

He isn't that great of a coach. He's been lucky to have the two best PGs. It's not a good sign when both teams he's coached for (Nets and Hornets) quit on him.

Some people get caught up in Ex-Lakers as coach. I love Byron for what he did in the 80's but I don't think he is ready for a job like this. Plus hewould have BIG shoes to fill after Phil. JVG would be great IMO. I don't know about B. Shaw either. Its easy to look good when you work under Phil Jackson.

Yes the Nets quit on Scott, but he took those scrubs to back to back finals. A team that never ever ever mattered.

And in NO, they quit because they knew the owner was tryin to sell players and what not. Don't look at last year, look at the year before.

In LA, Scott don't have to worry about that as much. He should have the backing of Buss, he'll have Kobe's ear since they played together. Heknows the area, and yes, being a Laker helps.

I don't really see Lamar dyin for JVG. Or see Kobe listenin to him either. Hell, none of the current Lakers would listen to him except maybe Trevor.
laugh.gif

I think they would listen to Byron.

I wouldn't mind Byron as the next head coach, but I'm pretty sure Kurt Rambis is the next head coach in waiting considering that he's had a lot ofopportunities to be a head coach elsewhere, but has stayed with the Lakers.

Back to the offseason transactions, resigning Odom, Ariza and Shannon would be A LOT easier LA was able to get rid of one of these terrible contracts, two ofwhich they are personally responsible for giving:

[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2008/09[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2012/13[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sasha Vujacic[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,524,887[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,000,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,475,113[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke Walton[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,420,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,840,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,260,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,680,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,100,000[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adam Morrison[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,159,200[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,257,228[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,897,484[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Ther's absolutely no reason why players who contribute little to nothing on the team should be taking up 15 mil on the books
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom