2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Chavez needs to step up in competition he stays fighting the bums he has fought 35 fights and nobody name worthy.

String, Baldomir would be a decent test for Chavez Jr., but I doubt we ever see Jr. in any fight of note. Dude has a big fan base and collects some real good checks fighting on his own PPV cards against "tomato cans", word to Amo. There are probably some big fights out there for Jr. because of name recognition/following but this being the sport it is, that won't likely happen.

Yeah, which is a shame because you can't really judge how good he is or ever will be

smh.gif

EDIT-

I just looked it up on boxrec.com and Chavez Jr will be 22 on the 16th

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

What do you guys think of a fight between Chavez Jr. vs Berto? who wins?

I can only answer for myself and one other member of this board. (hint: rhymes with Ray Stunna)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

God, If you're up this late looking at this, please let this [emmit smith] Debacle [/Emmitt smith] take place.

I really wanna see whats on Deck for Berto this summer.
Collazo sounds like a legit test, but I dunno if Dibella wants to throw his fighter in the ring vs a south paw who can box could be goin in the water a bitdeep.

zab vs Shane sounds Like a helluva fight mayne
pimp.gif

*edit
I think Baldomir would BURY JCC Jr.

Who was comparing Paul Williams to Tommy Hearns?

was it Mayweather Miami?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Pavlik v. Taylor next week....
pimp.gif
...Judging by the countdown show, seems like Team Pavlik is extremely confident going into the rematch. We need to hold MayweatherMiami to his word on this one.

How the more skilled boxer, faster boxer , ring technician , EXPERIANCED champion loses to someone he dominated for 5 rounds out 6 loses again .......icant answer that

Yea, he didnt say it originally but he did co-sign it a bit later in the convo.
smh.gif

At least Haiti watched some Hearns film and changed his tune.

yo String, where's Raphael's Chat at? I cant find it....

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (1:30 AM ET ) I asked Lou what's next. He said Carlos would take a couple of weeks and then they would discuss it. Lou knows most of the top guys are tied up but figures someone will need a dance partner at some point. He said maybe Berto but not just yet. There is a rematch clause in the contract but it's not immediate. Plus (and this is my opinion) I figure Williams will go up in weight now anyway.

This just in

EDIT

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=19214

eek.gif
Lou tryin to goet MikeMike in there for a title this summer?

and
laugh.gif
@ Paul Williams moving up in weight to fight WHO?
Winky?
laugh.gif

Taylor?
laugh.gif

Miranda?
laugh.gif

Pavlik?
laugh.gif

***** Paul, keep strugglin to make 147, dude wont beat not one middleweight in the top 10

NOT ONE!

The thing i don't like about Williams is that he clinches way too much and tonight he did so as well as the Margarito fight.

I think he kinda has to hold and clinch because he has no punching power and his arms are so long that he really isnt effective inside. Like fa real, Just HowGad Damn slow is Antonio Margarito that he couldnt land any big punches til like round 8 of their fight last yr
smh.gif

I still like Paul's personality but man, I think his career might spiral downward out of control

frown.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
this !@@#+ williams is getting worked ol sticks and bones *%@ !@@#+ throwing with NO POWER.

joey, lansing mi: I heard lederman scored the superbowl 28-17 patriots

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (12:01 AM ET ) LOL!

laugh.gif

Zach (mpls,mn): hey Dan , did you hear Tessitore say that the nickname ding-a-ling man wasn't boxing related. LOL

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (12:48 AM ET ) Truth is, Ding-A-Ling has said he wanted to be an actor in adult movies. No joke. I was once at a card in Glen Burnie, Maryland, talking with Ding-A-Ling and Jon Saraceno, my former collegague at USA TODAY who did the TV broadcasts for Ballroom Boxing, and he told us about that. True story. So you can imagine what Ding-A-Ling means.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
AYOOOOOOOO DUDE
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

^I didnt even catch that String. Gunna is probably trying to find his address so he can ring his door bell and crack him in the jaw. MFr3shM are you being serious? This is like BigMike, being the huge De La Hoya stan he is, saying that De La Hoya would beat Jones Jr. no matter what weight class.
i just caught this. why you got to throw a +@%*$ under the bus like that crooks?
roll.gif

For the record that comment wasnt about DLH been so good its about Jones Jr still been a bum.

Larry (Houston, TX): So Dan what are you going to tell us about Golden Boy getting boxing on network TV? Is it really going down? Will it be big fights, unlike that crap Main Events put on NBC?

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: Patience my freak. Patience.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Berto/Trashbag - Seriously...Andre Berto has IT. While i'm not on Gunna's level with the hype, I can say that the man again has...IT. I'd say thathis main focus should be to tighten up his defense a bit. He's made great progress going from Cosme Rivera to David Estrada, now it's really time tobegin looking into the bottom of the top Welterweights in the division. Luis Collazo, Zab Judah, Alfonso Gomez (If he wasn't fighting Cotto) maybe evenJoshua Clottey (The true "most ducked" fighter) But I think a fight with Clottey could do more harm than good. Berto has a 3-fight deal w/ HBO (The1st was against Trashbag) Dibella needs to get on the phone and make things happen...

I'll be back later after work with my thoughts on Williams/Quintana...for now...damn Paul.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom