2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

String, and u said this was gonna be a snoozer ( I thought so too I wont front)

pimp.gif

Great Card tonite!
Carlos gave Paul da gad damn Bidness
*!@*% Paul face look like he been gettin slapped with a cheese grater

U seen Quintana face when Max said Cotto rematch?
laugh.gif
%!%!+ had the '
eek.gif
Nah Bruh ' look

Honestly, I don't know who would be a good fight for Carlos
String, and u said this was gonna be a snoozer ( I thought so too I wont front)
I didn't think Carlos would have such a well thought out game plan for Paul.

Fraud of the week =Paul "got Punished "Williams .It was a good scrap Carlos had a game plan and Paul had no answer for it at all , and got cut up.

And Berto was berto impressive but it was way too easy those uppercuts in the third where crazy time for a step up

The leader in the clubhouse for 2008 Fraud of the Year: Paul Williams. Homie was supposed to be the most feared man at 147, and couldn't even handle a dudeCotto destroyed over a year ago.

Very good card tonight, and a great performance from Quintana, makes my boy Julio not look so bad from the beating he took. I scored it 115-113 for Quintana,and i'm glad the judges saw it just about the same way.

Berto is a god damn offensive machine. I'm not as full on the bandwagon as Gunna and some others, because i have some questions about Berto's chin andlack of size at 147, especially since he's already puttin on 12 pounds between weigh-in and fight night. However, if Berto's chin holds up to somelarger punchers, and he can stay at 147, he'll be tough to stop. And i agree with Gunna, if Berto worked the body more he'd be absolutely scary.

Paul basically looked like a chump out there, he was like a deer in the headlights whole fight

couldn't connect clean for %+!*, if Quintana hadn't gassed out in the middle he woulda KO'd him in 11 imo

pimp.gif
HBO re-airing JC Chavez/Meldrick taylor Robbery

smh.gif
Richard Steele with the stoppage

but damn Meldrick stayed in the Hospital for like 2 weeks after the fight
sick.gif

Meldrick had no bidness bangin that last round, he was so far ahead

Great performance by Andre Berto he showed some great boxing skills tonight.

Great upset by Quintana he exposed Paul Williams that if you move around him and don't stand in front of him then you can win i think that Floyd Mayweatherwill beat Williams if they fight and by a wider margin of Unanimous Decision.

In the Pavlik vs Taylor fight i am taking Pavlik to win by KO again in 5 rounds.

Sad thing what happend to Meldrick Taylor, but JC Chavez beat him badly made his urine turn blood.
frown.gif
sick.gif

Anyone know if JC Chavez Jr. won tonight?

Sorry I couldn't be around the thread tonight because of some family obligations but I just watched both fights on DVR and am extremely disappointedwith Paul Williams. I am not sure he threw 1 combination the entire fight and the way he just threw his jab out there tonight, had nothing on it, Quintana wasjust timing him with {Prodigy} Dead arm rights and hard lefts {Prodigy}. Like Gunna posted Punisher got exposed. Good for Quintana though, he came to fightand so far has taken down 2 of the biggest "prospects", Amo's boy Julio and Williams, in the division.

In regards to Berto.....{Pusha T}
sick.gif
{Pusha T}

String, I can't wait for that Joe Louis documentary. Its a very sad story how the US Government did him like that and I am interested to what kind ofangles the documentary shows.

Pavlik v. Taylor next week....
pimp.gif
...Judging by the countdown show, seemslike Team Pavlik is extremely confident going into the rematch. We need to hold MayweatherMiami to his word on this one.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

What do you guys think of a fight between Chavez Jr. vs Berto? who wins?

I can only answer for myself and one other member of this board. (hint: rhymes with Ray Stunna)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^I didnt even catch that String. Gunna is probably trying to find his address so he can ring his door bell and crack him in the jaw. MFr3shM are you beingserious? This is like BigMike, being the huge De La Hoya stan he is, saying that De La Hoya would beat Jones Jr. no matter what weight class.

I heard some dude on yahoo saying that Chavez Jr would win because he is like paul williams in that they are both tall and lanky. I know that Berto would winbecause he is a very skilled boxer with tremendous speed and power. I just wanted to see if anyone would say Chavez would win because i would've laughed.

I like Berto, easily. I doubt it ever happens though.

Dan is reporting that Chavez Jr might face Baldomir on his next Top Rank PPV

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Dan is reporting that Chavez Jr might face Baldomir on his next Top Rank PPV

MFr3shM who wrote that, Kevin Iole (sp) ?

String, Baldomir would be a decent test for Chavez Jr., but I doubt we ever see Jr. in any fight of note. Dude has a big fan base and collects some real goodchecks fighting on his own PPV cards against "tomato cans", word to Amo. There are probably some big fights out there for Jr. because of namerecognition/following but this being the sport it is, that won't likely happen.

Back
Top Bottom