2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I didnt think that Hopkins was going to beat Tito let alone knock him out, so like I said never count him out. Anyone remember the Hopkins v. Echols fight when Echols body slammed Bernard and he seperated his shoulder? Bernard was in the corner saying he can't go out like that and went back in there and destroyed Echols. Dude is a warrior.

I was coming in here to say the exact same thing, which was why I was so surprised when the fight was announced that most people were already looking forwardto RJJ fighting Calzaghe. He's a great fight don't get me wrong but Hopkins is a counter machine and with as many punches as Joe throws he's boundto miss at least 50% of the time. There's a lot of oppurtunity to counter and wobble Calzaghe. If Hopkins gets that right hook going I have all theconfidence he can win the fight. Thank God it's on HBO.

Hopkins is the most entertaining guy in boxing.� Check out the presser below (1-5 in order):

Hopkins giving some reporter a scare for asking stupid questions.
Link

Hopkins giving some reporter a scare for asking stupid questions.
Link

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

I am probably with alot of people on this when I say its Calzaghe's fight to lose but after watching Hopkins all these years you can never count the man out. The disparity in punch output between the two is going to be ridiculous because even if you only watched 1 Calzaghe fight in your life you know all the man does is throw punches no matter how ineffective some of them may be. Another thing about Calzaghe is the Kessler fight proved to me that he has a much better chin than I thought and if Bernard is going to be selective with his shots they better be good ones.

Cosign

those vids were great
pimp.gif
When the reporter asked what would be thedifference of this fight and the Taylor fights.. Bernard's expression was priceless when he answered "Because its Joe Calzaghe not JermainTaylor"

laugh.gif
Diing a Ling man lookin like Clubber Lang, every punch he throws is gettign wider and wilder.
He's gotta have at least one straight punch in his repertoire
smh.gif

Stevie Cunningham in studio
pimp.gif

Is Cunningham too big a jump in weight for match up vs Dawson?

I'm Amped for Berto vs Tomato Can tonite
laugh.gif

damn it woulda been siiick if this was at Yankee Stadium, but seeing the fight anyway will be just as good

BHop by KO, I agree with Gunna, too many counter opportunities with a slickster like Bhop fighting such an agressive guy in Calzaghe

I was going to go check out williams and Berto fight tonight but no one wanted to drive out there we will proably go see the Israel Vazquez vs. Rafael Marquezfight instead.

Considering the level of competition tonight, anybody else expecting a real snoozer on BAD except for Berto who might get an early KO???

why is he standing in there
laugh.gif

Lennox: "He's chosen to stand in front of Berto, I dont think thats wise"

If berto ever went to the Body like Cotto it would be a dream come true

I cant wait to see Paul dismantle Quintana.
Berto's downstairs to head combo is
pimp.gif

is dude's cornerman serious?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Lennox made a very good point about Andre and his wide stance.

I think after this year, Andre will be at the top of the welterweight divison.

I'd like to see him fight a Callozo or Judah

Berto vs Zab in late 2008 after the Mosley fight

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom