2 Year 24 Hour Fitness = 299.99 at Costco

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

I know nothing about that gym but that I a good deal. If it is like planet fitness I'd pass like steve nash. Planet Fitness is not for serious trainers at all.
I think most "fitness centers" are like that. Garbage if you're serious about it. One squat rack at the most, no olympic platforms, etc.
Because it's adequate enough for most people. There's a gym in L.A. that's world class, with multi bball courts, Olympic sizeswimming pool, etc. The downside is that it's about $300-400 a month. That's a car note for some folks...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

nice deal...there's none near where I live

Route 17, man
laugh.gif

planet fitness is adequate for most people? lmao

you just fed my ego without tryin my man.

i wanna open a chain of gyms called ELITE Fitness. who wants to invest with me?

planet fitness is adequate for most people? lmao

you just fed my ego without tryin my man.

i wanna open a chain of gyms called ELITE Fitness. who wants to invest with me?
Paypal'd you $200,000.

I've been going to Gold's off and on for 3 years and I see these types of people the most.

1. The chicks who walk slowly on the treadmill while on the phone/sidekick.
2. Dudes who are there talking while on stations, taking up space.
3. Hulk Hogan dudes who bench press 1000 lbs, and does nothing else

I rarely see anyone dedicated enough to use full benefit of the gym and most/all of its stations. That's pretty much why I said it's adequate enough. (Assuming it's like a regular gym I've been too
laugh.gif
) OT, I inhale and exhale when I lift and all, but some of these dudes grunt like they about tostart rapping...scares the crap out of me sometimes.

nah i cant front youre right. that is why planet fitness is successful. hell most people just do cardio then you have guys who just do benchin and nothingelse.

but there are def many folks who appreciate a nice facility and are willing to pay the extra. i pay 31 a month and i go everyday so its a great deal to me.

LA Fitness is opening up near me soon, i heard that place is serious so ill check that out when it opens.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I know nothing about that gym but that I a good deal. If it is like planet fitness I'd pass like steve nash. Planet Fitness is not for serious trainers at all.
I think most "fitness centers" are like that. Garbage if you're serious about it. One squat rack at the most, no olympic platforms, etc.
Because it's adequate enough for most people. There's a gym in L.A. that's world class, with multi bball courts, Olympic size swimming pool, etc. The downside is that it's about $300-400 a month. That's a car note for some folks...

I'm talking weightlifting equipment, not expensive swimming facilities, massage studios, etc. You can get that at very cheap gyms, they're justtargeted at the more serious weightlifting crowd.

If a gym's dumbbells stop at 100 lbs. or below, there are no olympic platforms, smith machines instead of squat racks, etc......it's not cutting it.

And planet fitness is infamous, they're on a whole 'nother level.
roll.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/...O1f610&hl=en&fs=1

Sounds like a really good deal if you're looking for an overall fitness center.

I've been to a couple of 24 hours by my way, (Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills) and they really don't provide the equipment that a serious trainer wouldexpect. Like dude above me mentioned, if there are no squat racks, single sets of dumbbells 60+, and no dedicated decline/incline bench, it's not gonna dothe trick

A 24 hour fitness place is a great thing. I go to Bally's ($20 a month) but it's not open 24 hrs and that really sucks. Bally's needs to step theirgame up.

None in Long Island. Sucks. I'm about to hop on this powerhouse gym only 29.99 a month. Planet Fitness seems cool till I found out there is not freeweights and the dumbells only go up to like 60lbs. I'm good

nah i cant front youre right. that is why planet fitness is successful. hell most people just do cardio then you have guys who just do benchin and nothing else.

but there are def many folks who appreciate a nice facility and are willing to pay the extra. i pay 31 a month and i go everyday so its a great deal to me.

LA Fitness is opening up near me soon, i heard that place is serious so ill check that out when it opens.
Yeah the PF I go to is decent, especially for the price (I'm a student like 8 months outta the year so I have access to the university gym) so$100 for the other 4 months/weekends I come home with no other bs fees is worth it. They've got a lot of machines/free weights but a lot of dudes don'tgo cause of the no grunting thing.

Personally, if I gotta YELL (cause they don't say nothin if it's a "grunt") then the weight is too heavy. And for the dudes that doyell...seein that big purple alarm and siren go off on em is pure comedy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

None in Long Island. Sucks. I'm about to hop on this powerhouse gym only 29.99 a month. Planet Fitness seems cool till I found out there is not free weights and the dumbells only go up to like 60lbs. I'm good

Huh? The one I go to has a ton of free weights and the dumbells go up to at least 80 cause I've used em

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

None in Long Island. Sucks. I'm about to hop on this powerhouse gym only 29.99 a month. Planet Fitness seems cool till I found out there is not free weights and the dumbells only go up to like 60lbs. I'm good

Huh? The one I go to has a ton of free weights and the dumbells go up to at least 80 cause I've used em

The one I checked out has no free weights, alot of cardio machines, dumbells up to a certain weight and strictly machines. They also have like something aboutgrunting and theres is an alarm or something of the sorts if people are getting to loud they trigger it to warn you. I don't know it seems cool and only 10bucks a month to join but that's not the type of atmosphere I want

Anyone in LA area know if this works for the Magic Johnson Sport locations?
The Compton and Carson locations to be specific

planet fitness around here = no bball court and it closes maaad early.
late night ballin ftw
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i might hop on this.

SMH I was a youngin' when I joined and they punked me and my boy into joining. Dude gave us a tour all nice and all and when we said "we'll think about it", dude's smile turned into a series face and said "guys, this deal is not valid if you walk out through the door".

Damn salesman smh
laugh.gif

Im considering this too.

Originally Posted by Kahlow

I think those are supersport locations, and in that case they would not be valid.

Originally Posted by jretro23

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by jretro23

^ sherman oaks doesn't have a bball court huh?
Where did I say that? Can you show me?

i was asking.
Oh, they don't.

I hate the traffic around that gym too. They use the same parking lot as that shopping center and it's just a hassle to fight Sherman Oaks/ Sepulvedatraffic, park in a structure, work your way up two stories for a workout everyday.

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

I think those are supersport locations, and in that case they would not be valid.
how would i know if it was a SUPERsport?

My bad, they're just Sport locations, you can check on 24 hour fitness' website, it should still be valid for those.

My bad, they're just Sport locations, you can check on 24 hour fitness' website, it should still be valid for those.
alright thanks man

Back
Top Bottom