2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Do y'all think that what nike did wit the 09 eggplants they gonna do with this one?
they released the purples in 09 then re released them in 2010?
eggplants were a rare case when da demand just slapped nike in da face cause they've cranked out foamposites after da OG retro release of 2007, and after da cactus & red ones tailed out demand, went on sale for 150 each before eventually clearing out

so 2008 we didn't have foamposite releases, that year belonged to da flightposites if you remember, then 2009 da eggplant foamposites, which initially created such a explosion with da tradtional foamposite fans, because its was like a "crossover series" sneaker..

using da best color of da flightposites, and crossing em over to da most loved model in da foamposite line, was just orgasm inducing..and lets not forget it had a touch of OG because penny played significant years as a phoeinx sun..so da stars aligned just at da right

time.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Do y'all think that what nike did wit the 09 eggplants they gonna do with this one?
they released the purples in 09 then re released them in 2010?
eggplants were a rare case when da demand just slapped nike in da face cause they've cranked out foamposites after da OG retro release of 2007, and after da cactus & red ones tailed out demand, went on sale for 150 each before eventually clearing out

so 2008 we didn't have foamposite releases, that year belonged to da flightposites if you remember, then 2009 da eggplant foamposites, which initially created such a explosion with da tradtional foamposite fans, because its was like a "crossover series" sneaker..

using da best color of da flightposites, and crossing em over to da most loved model in da foamposite line, was just orgasm inducing..and lets not forget it had a touch of OG because penny played significant years as a phoeinx sun..so da stars aligned just at da right

time.

Originally Posted by bdizzle316

Now that I actually have some time, I have to post my long +%! story. I went to FTA at one of the malls in BR last night and asked one of the employees how many Foams they were getting and he told me they had 12 pairs. I asked him how much to get them right then and he said "$400". Of course I told him hell no, so he went down to $350. I told him I was straight and that I'll just come back in the morn. Got back home and tried to cop the midnight release online, which didnt work out (also found out my iPhone is better to use than my Windows Desktop). So I woke up around 5 and made it to the mall around 5:30am. I was the ONLY person at the mall. As more and more ppl started showing up, I started to ask a few of them if they were getting the Foams too, but they were there for the Spiz'ikes! More ppl started coming, and security comes out and says doors aint opening until 8am, and we CANNOT line up at the entrance. So we go back to our cars and wait. So the guy comes back out with 2-3 more security officers and tell us we cant wait in the parking lot! So me and a few guys park on the other side of the bldg while some ppl actually left. We're seeing cars come and go, as security continued to turn ppl away. Then it came to a point were cars were coming, but not going, so we drove back to the entrance. I ended up parking next to this guy in a Tahoe and he rolls his window down and asked if I was getting the Spiz'ikes and I told him I was here for the Foams. He said he was too and that he already had "one" and was trying to get "another". I asked him what size he had and he said a 10, but he wears a 9.5. I told him thats the size I needed, and he told me dude said they aint have a 9.5. He said that the employee is selling them already and points to the same guy who tried to charge me $400 last night! The dude was in the parking lot, in his FTA uniform, going to different ppl asking how much are they willing to pay to get the Foams. So he come by the guy I was parked by, and the guy tells him I needed the Foams too, so he tells me $300. I tell him I could have got them wks ago for $300, so he drops the price to $260 and I tell hi
I can swing that ($220+tax=$239.80 in LA). I tell him I have to go to the bank (since I only had my bank card) and I wud be right back. It didnt take me 5 min and I come back and security is no letting ppl line up! So I go crom being the 1st person in line to about 34th! I see the guy I was parked by and he was just standing off to the side, so he tell me dude was gonna hold my pair. I asked him what size was he getting his 2nd pair and he says that he wasnt getting a 2nd pair, he had to get his 2nd shoe from the 1st pair! The dude from FTA also charged him $260 and since the dude wore a 9.5, he brought him one of the size 10 shoes to try on! He says all of this was sum BS, and he wudnt be surprised if I got in there and the guy sold the pair he was holding for me for a higher price. But he said if he didnt like the way the 10 fit, he wud just sell it to me (I have a few size 10 shoes). Anyway, we finally get in the store, security was only letting in 10 at a time. There we 2 guys in front of me that asked for the Foams and the dude told them they were out, me and the guy I was with walk up to the degister right after them and the FTA employee pulls out our 2 pairs. So I give him the money, open the box and they were a 10.5! I told him I need a 10. He said if 10 is my size, I cud fit the 10.5. I told dude that I wear a 9.5, so the 10 wud be my .5 size up! He's hollering bout he thought I said 10, etc. so he gives me back my money. Well the dude I was with the whole time trues his on and says that his fit pretty perfect, so I may be able fo fit the 10.5. So I ask the employee for the 10.5 back, try it own, and it wasnt as big as I thought it wud have been. So I give the dude the money, and walk out at 8:30am.

With all that said, I have never been through all of that on release day (except for the Concords). I have waited in line maybe 2Xs before that, but never had to pay over retail for the shoes on release day! I understand paying extra to get them early, but now its pretty much impossible to pay retail on major releases now due to the employees scamming and hooking up whoever they want. I'm glad that I met the guy in the parking lot, cuz without him, I probably wouldnt have gotten a pair. But I've never been so upset over actually ending up with a pair of shoes.

That whole situation was a circus. I would've given that employee a piece of my mind. I personally wouldn't have bought from him, then I would've made sure I contacted the manager AND regional manager and told them what he did.

Originally Posted by bdizzle316

Now that I actually have some time, I have to post my long +%! story. I went to FTA at one of the malls in BR last night and asked one of the employees how many Foams they were getting and he told me they had 12 pairs. I asked him how much to get them right then and he said "$400". Of course I told him hell no, so he went down to $350. I told him I was straight and that I'll just come back in the morn. Got back home and tried to cop the midnight release online, which didnt work out (also found out my iPhone is better to use than my Windows Desktop). So I woke up around 5 and made it to the mall around 5:30am. I was the ONLY person at the mall. As more and more ppl started showing up, I started to ask a few of them if they were getting the Foams too, but they were there for the Spiz'ikes! More ppl started coming, and security comes out and says doors aint opening until 8am, and we CANNOT line up at the entrance. So we go back to our cars and wait. So the guy comes back out with 2-3 more security officers and tell us we cant wait in the parking lot! So me and a few guys park on the other side of the bldg while some ppl actually left. We're seeing cars come and go, as security continued to turn ppl away. Then it came to a point were cars were coming, but not going, so we drove back to the entrance. I ended up parking next to this guy in a Tahoe and he rolls his window down and asked if I was getting the Spiz'ikes and I told him I was here for the Foams. He said he was too and that he already had "one" and was trying to get "another". I asked him what size he had and he said a 10, but he wears a 9.5. I told him thats the size I needed, and he told me dude said they aint have a 9.5. He said that the employee is selling them already and points to the same guy who tried to charge me $400 last night! The dude was in the parking lot, in his FTA uniform, going to different ppl asking how much are they willing to pay to get the Foams. So he come by the guy I was parked by, and the guy tells him I needed the Foams too, so he tells me $300. I tell him I could have got them wks ago for $300, so he drops the price to $260 and I tell hi
I can swing that ($220+tax=$239.80 in LA). I tell him I have to go to the bank (since I only had my bank card) and I wud be right back. It didnt take me 5 min and I come back and security is no letting ppl line up! So I go crom being the 1st person in line to about 34th! I see the guy I was parked by and he was just standing off to the side, so he tell me dude was gonna hold my pair. I asked him what size was he getting his 2nd pair and he says that he wasnt getting a 2nd pair, he had to get his 2nd shoe from the 1st pair! The dude from FTA also charged him $260 and since the dude wore a 9.5, he brought him one of the size 10 shoes to try on! He says all of this was sum BS, and he wudnt be surprised if I got in there and the guy sold the pair he was holding for me for a higher price. But he said if he didnt like the way the 10 fit, he wud just sell it to me (I have a few size 10 shoes). Anyway, we finally get in the store, security was only letting in 10 at a time. There we 2 guys in front of me that asked for the Foams and the dude told them they were out, me and the guy I was with walk up to the degister right after them and the FTA employee pulls out our 2 pairs. So I give him the money, open the box and they were a 10.5! I told him I need a 10. He said if 10 is my size, I cud fit the 10.5. I told dude that I wear a 9.5, so the 10 wud be my .5 size up! He's hollering bout he thought I said 10, etc. so he gives me back my money. Well the dude I was with the whole time trues his on and says that his fit pretty perfect, so I may be able fo fit the 10.5. So I ask the employee for the 10.5 back, try it own, and it wasnt as big as I thought it wud have been. So I give the dude the money, and walk out at 8:30am.

With all that said, I have never been through all of that on release day (except for the Concords). I have waited in line maybe 2Xs before that, but never had to pay over retail for the shoes on release day! I understand paying extra to get them early, but now its pretty much impossible to pay retail on major releases now due to the employees scamming and hooking up whoever they want. I'm glad that I met the guy in the parking lot, cuz without him, I probably wouldnt have gotten a pair. But I've never been so upset over actually ending up with a pair of shoes.

That whole situation was a circus. I would've given that employee a piece of my mind. I personally wouldn't have bought from him, then I would've made sure I contacted the manager AND regional manager and told them what he did.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I lived in SC for 3 years and that's unheard of.  Wow.  They usually go hard for anything Jordan.
It seems like the "up north cats" brought some of their style down here. SC is a weird state. It's like half South, half East Coast sometimes... 
alot of people from NY are moving to South ...we've been bleeding folks to: Florida, Georgia (atlanta) and North/South carolina..tend to be black though, hispanics move to New jerz, CT, PA, and MA if they aren't planted to NY permanently.
Myrtle Beach alone has so many people from the North. It's ridiculous... 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I lived in SC for 3 years and that's unheard of.  Wow.  They usually go hard for anything Jordan.
It seems like the "up north cats" brought some of their style down here. SC is a weird state. It's like half South, half East Coast sometimes... 
alot of people from NY are moving to South ...we've been bleeding folks to: Florida, Georgia (atlanta) and North/South carolina..tend to be black though, hispanics move to New jerz, CT, PA, and MA if they aren't planted to NY permanently.
Myrtle Beach alone has so many people from the North. It's ridiculous... 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

417001_2637216004979_1092840130_31971644_1130183328_n.jpg

from the Southpark mall in Va

them cops were not playin...

told myself last night i wasnt gonna get them but TRIED anyway...didnt want to regret passing later.

Southpark in Colonial Heights, VSU?

Wooooooooooooooooow, this looks like a Concord line

417001_2637216004979_1092840130_31971644_1130183328_n.jpg

from the Southpark mall in Va

them cops were not playin...

told myself last night i wasnt gonna get them but TRIED anyway...didnt want to regret passing later.

Southpark in Colonial Heights, VSU?

Wooooooooooooooooow, this looks like a Concord line

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

GROWN MEN ARGUING OVER WHETHER THE COLOR RED IS BETTER THAN THE COLOR BLUE....

what? no arguing.  It's more like a debate or discussion on an online forum,  .... looks up 'forum'

[color= rgb(0, 85, 187)]forum -[/color] assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Red > blue for me, as well, when it comes to shoes.

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]
AND WHAT'S THE OUTCOME OF THIS "DEBATE" AS YOU LIKE TO CALL IT....

EVERYONE COMES TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION THAT ONE COLOR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

are you serious?

The Jordan OG thing really didn't make any sense. I've never read anyone say they don't like the JB colors, prices and quality are a different monster.

Just like Jordans with these, you won't have people who've been in to foams from day one saying a new color is the best. Unless it might be their favorite color or something.

The ones who want bright colors, are the same ones who's jeans look like jeggings, where you can see a quarter in their pocket and wear everything their friends do and their favorite rapper is Lil Wayne or Drake.

Part of retro sneakers are the nostalgia, personal memories growing up, and memories associated with the player. Your brother might have had these, you might have wanted these, but your mom wouldn't buy them. Penny might have been your favorite player. The difference is that many wearing Foams have no nostalgia or memories associated with Penny, they're hypebeast who are wearing the sneaker because it's the popular sneaker right now. That's where I see your post coming in at.

GROWN MEN ARGUING OVER WHETHER THE COLOR RED IS BETTER THAN THE COLOR BLUE....

what? no arguing.  It's more like a debate or discussion on an online forum,  .... looks up 'forum'

[color= rgb(0, 85, 187)]forum -[/color] assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Red > blue for me, as well, when it comes to shoes.

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]
AND WHAT'S THE OUTCOME OF THIS "DEBATE" AS YOU LIKE TO CALL IT....

EVERYONE COMES TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION THAT ONE COLOR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

are you serious?

The Jordan OG thing really didn't make any sense. I've never read anyone say they don't like the JB colors, prices and quality are a different monster.

Just like Jordans with these, you won't have people who've been in to foams from day one saying a new color is the best. Unless it might be their favorite color or something.

The ones who want bright colors, are the same ones who's jeans look like jeggings, where you can see a quarter in their pocket and wear everything their friends do and their favorite rapper is Lil Wayne or Drake.

Part of retro sneakers are the nostalgia, personal memories growing up, and memories associated with the player. Your brother might have had these, you might have wanted these, but your mom wouldn't buy them. Penny might have been your favorite player. The difference is that many wearing Foams have no nostalgia or memories associated with Penny, they're hypebeast who are wearing the sneaker because it's the popular sneaker right now. That's where I see your post coming in at.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

How do that many people have the cash for Foams? Our economy isn't too hot at the moment.

I think shoes are the only things that sell out in a matter of minutes depending on the shoe.

How do that many people have the cash for Foams? Our economy isn't too hot at the moment.

I think shoes are the only things that sell out in a matter of minutes depending on the shoe.

^ apple products. resellers might rival sneaker resellers

Personally i like the royalss over the reds. I think they look better imo. but if you want to stand out or turn heads, the reds will do that a lot more than the royals, simply because they provide more contrast
my2 cents.

^ apple products. resellers might rival sneaker resellers

Personally i like the royalss over the reds. I think they look better imo. but if you want to stand out or turn heads, the reds will do that a lot more than the royals, simply because they provide more contrast
my2 cents.

^yes

Cool, had some good memories there. We used to be bored we used to walk to that mall on the regular on the weekends.

Are lot of people are faking it til they make it.

They might sell a older pair to get a new sneaker.

I think that's why we have so many resellers now, they're buying multiple pair in order to finance their pair.

The economy situation is overblown. The majority of people and industries are fine, it just might be hard when you actually do lose your job.

^yes

Cool, had some good memories there. We used to be bored we used to walk to that mall on the regular on the weekends.

Are lot of people are faking it til they make it.

They might sell a older pair to get a new sneaker.

I think that's why we have so many resellers now, they're buying multiple pair in order to finance their pair.

The economy situation is overblown. The majority of people and industries are fine, it just might be hard when you actually do lose your job.

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

hes talking about me.. mad bc i was able to get get a second that im gonna sell to get my first pair for cheaper... i dont care if ppl dont like it.. its my money and ima do what i gotta do.. i aint buying 10 plus pairs and making bank... im just gettin mine for an affordable price... dude needs to chill

So you buy a pair that you couldn't afford and then buy another pair so you can sell at a higher price to pay for the initial pair you couldn't afford, how about you stop living out of your means. The way people think now is crazy, you can't afford to buy a shoe but do so regardless, I shudder to think what bills you over looked or scheme you did just to purchase.

Damn so you are pissed?? Get off that man nuts and let him do what he wants....You act like your gonna stop the entire world from buying multiples of a shoe! smh

hes talking about me.. mad bc i was able to get get a second that im gonna sell to get my first pair for cheaper... i dont care if ppl dont like it.. its my money and ima do what i gotta do.. i aint buying 10 plus pairs and making bank... im just gettin mine for an affordable price... dude needs to chill

So you buy a pair that you couldn't afford and then buy another pair so you can sell at a higher price to pay for the initial pair you couldn't afford, how about you stop living out of your means. The way people think now is crazy, you can't afford to buy a shoe but do so regardless, I shudder to think what bills you over looked or scheme you did just to purchase.

Damn so you are pissed?? Get off that man nuts and let him do what he wants....You act like your gonna stop the entire world from buying multiples of a shoe! smh

Originally Posted by babycross2011

You must spend your last on a pair of shoes just to re-sell them too huh 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom