2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by babycross2011

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

hes talking about me.. mad bc i was able to get get a second that im gonna sell to get my first pair for cheaper... i dont care if ppl dont like it.. its my money and ima do what i gotta do.. i aint buying 10 plus pairs and making bank... im just gettin mine for an affordable price... dude needs to chill

So you buy a pair that you couldn't afford and then buy another pair so you can sell at a higher price to pay for the initial pair you couldn't afford, how about you stop living out of your means. The way people think now is crazy, you can't afford to buy a shoe but do so regardless, I shudder to think what bills you over looked or scheme you did just to purchase.

Damn so you are pissed?? Get off that man nuts and let him do what he wants....You act like your gonna stop the entire world from buying multiples of a shoe! smh

You must spend your last on a pair of shoes just to re-sell them too huh 

the fact that employees are buyin most of the freakin inventory, then have the nerve to try and resell to you at the FN store is RIDICULOUS. This dude repeatedly asked if i wanted a pair for 400 this morning and i swear i wanted snap his neck. First of all it was the wrong size, second every employee at dtlr bought a size or 2 just to sell. I really felt like layin him out

the fact that employees are buyin most of the freakin inventory, then have the nerve to try and resell to you at the FN store is RIDICULOUS. This dude repeatedly asked if i wanted a pair for 400 this morning and i swear i wanted snap his neck. First of all it was the wrong size, second every employee at dtlr bought a size or 2 just to sell. I really felt like layin him out

Crazy how Eggplants were easy to get weeks after release in CT. Today these reds sold out all over.

Crazy how Eggplants were easy to get weeks after release in CT. Today these reds sold out all over.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Quick question for everyone anything crazy went down while y'all camped. I remmber one time when I was camping for the restock for the concords. Some random dude wanted to talk to me I didn't mind but man he talked for days and I didn't get my pair unfortunately cause some people buy multiple pairs I guess they were born with multipule legs. Anyways the guy who loved to talk wanted to follow me around the city I went to footlocker he wanted to go I went to house of hoops on 34 he followed after a while the marine in me kicked in so I was trying to ditch him at every store finally I let him walk a good distance ahead of me and dipped in a store check the ladies and waited to ohh boy left. Woooo close call right

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lmfaooooooooooo
Man WT F did I just read ? gfhyjuitfdghjkhgfhcjkgxfhjgkh

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Quick question for everyone anything crazy went down while y'all camped. I remmber one time when I was camping for the restock for the concords. Some random dude wanted to talk to me I didn't mind but man he talked for days and I didn't get my pair unfortunately cause some people buy multiple pairs I guess they were born with multipule legs. Anyways the guy who loved to talk wanted to follow me around the city I went to footlocker he wanted to go I went to house of hoops on 34 he followed after a while the marine in me kicked in so I was trying to ditch him at every store finally I let him walk a good distance ahead of me and dipped in a store check the ladies and waited to ohh boy left. Woooo close call right

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lmfaooooooooooo
Man WT F did I just read ? gfhyjuitfdghjkhgfhcjkgxfhjgkh

Went to the mall to pick up my pair and a local DTLR had 3 FSR's, including plenty of the previously unknowingly known reseller coveted 6, 6.5, 7, and 7.5. Long story short, I haven't seen so many resellers with bags galore in a long time.

Tons of cats with 3-5 pairs, I left with my one for $185+ and kept it moving.

Went to the mall to pick up my pair and a local DTLR had 3 FSR's, including plenty of the previously unknowingly known reseller coveted 6, 6.5, 7, and 7.5. Long story short, I haven't seen so many resellers with bags galore in a long time.

Tons of cats with 3-5 pairs, I left with my one for $185+ and kept it moving.

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

Same thing happened to me at footlocker earlier this afternoon, except dude try to sell them to me for $350. Funny thing is, I never asked about the foams (copped last night on NDC). Dude saw that I was buying an 11.5 in some kobes and straight up said "got a size 11 foam for only $350". I laughed and said, "naw, I'm good bro". Then he has the nerve to say "are you sure?". Paid for my kobes and bounced. 

Same thing happened to me at footlocker earlier this afternoon, except dude try to sell them to me for $350. Funny thing is, I never asked about the foams (copped last night on NDC). Dude saw that I was buying an 11.5 in some kobes and straight up said "got a size 11 foam for only $350". I laughed and said, "naw, I'm good bro". Then he has the nerve to say "are you sure?". Paid for my kobes and bounced. 

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AND WHAT'S THE OUTCOME OF THIS "DEBATE" AS YOU LIKE TO CALL IT....

EVERYONE COMES TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION THAT ONE COLOR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

are you serious?

The Jordan OG thing really didn't make any sense. I've never read anyone say they don't like the JB colors, prices and quality are a different monster. (I never said I didn't like the colors of the Jordans.  I just get sick of the same thing and of the SAME boring colorways with interchangeable white, black, and red Jordan shoes. Ex~ white/black-red, black/white-red, red/black-white.  The Penny shoe line is a refreshing change from all of that.)

Just like Jordans with these, you won't have people who've been in to foams from day one saying a new color is the best. Unless it might be their favorite color or something. (I wasn't talking about the OG heads debating color of the foams.  I was talking about the newcomers, which I am to the foam arena.  Back in the day, I could never get myself to buy $200 Nike foams or $180 Shaq pumps.  Now, the shoe buyers are just accustomed to higher prices for $200 sneaks, thanks to Ebay and resellers.  Also, Red is one of my favorite colors for accessories, and let's be honest, sneakers are accessories for most of today's guys)

The ones who want bright colors, are the same ones who's jeans look like jeggings, where you can see a quarter in their pocket and wear everything their friends do and their favorite rapper is Lil Wayne or Drake. (Let's not forget Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, and many others now.  Kids and Derrell Revis wear skinny jean jeggings (nice one, btw) because they see other hipsters and young so-called 'artists' do the same.  While the tight-fit look enhances the shoes and brings attention specifically to them more, personally, I can't stand the look, nor the sag, nor the baggy jeans.  But I do get sick of the same drab colorway choices in shoes, so I welcome the changes.)

Part of retro sneakers are the nostalgia, personal memories growing up, and memories associated with the player. Your brother might have had these, you might have wanted these, but your mom wouldn't buy them. Penny might have been your favorite player. The difference is that many wearing Foams have no nostalgia or memories associated with Penny, they're hypebeast who are wearing the sneaker because it's the popular sneaker right now. That's where I see your post coming in at.  (I agree.  But for most people it's to look 'cool' or be with the 'in' crowd.  I loved Jordan sneakers, some Reeboks (Questions, Omni-Lites, classics ($30 any and every colorway), and BlackTops for outdoor ball), some Elles, some Diadoras, some Filas, etc ... but I still love color and we all know the color red is sexy.  I had some of the Pennys, too.  If I was to say anything about the Pennys that stuck out for me was 'Lil' Penny'  .... Chris Rock was hilarious and a perfect choice for the character voice.
Makes perfect sense if you think about it.  My rebuttal in red ^

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AND WHAT'S THE OUTCOME OF THIS "DEBATE" AS YOU LIKE TO CALL IT....

EVERYONE COMES TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION THAT ONE COLOR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

are you serious?

The Jordan OG thing really didn't make any sense. I've never read anyone say they don't like the JB colors, prices and quality are a different monster. (I never said I didn't like the colors of the Jordans.  I just get sick of the same thing and of the SAME boring colorways with interchangeable white, black, and red Jordan shoes. Ex~ white/black-red, black/white-red, red/black-white.  The Penny shoe line is a refreshing change from all of that.)

Just like Jordans with these, you won't have people who've been in to foams from day one saying a new color is the best. Unless it might be their favorite color or something. (I wasn't talking about the OG heads debating color of the foams.  I was talking about the newcomers, which I am to the foam arena.  Back in the day, I could never get myself to buy $200 Nike foams or $180 Shaq pumps.  Now, the shoe buyers are just accustomed to higher prices for $200 sneaks, thanks to Ebay and resellers.  Also, Red is one of my favorite colors for accessories, and let's be honest, sneakers are accessories for most of today's guys)

The ones who want bright colors, are the same ones who's jeans look like jeggings, where you can see a quarter in their pocket and wear everything their friends do and their favorite rapper is Lil Wayne or Drake. (Let's not forget Tyler the Creator, Justin Bieber, and many others now.  Kids and Derrell Revis wear skinny jean jeggings (nice one, btw) because they see other hipsters and young so-called 'artists' do the same.  While the tight-fit look enhances the shoes and brings attention specifically to them more, personally, I can't stand the look, nor the sag, nor the baggy jeans.  But I do get sick of the same drab colorway choices in shoes, so I welcome the changes.)

Part of retro sneakers are the nostalgia, personal memories growing up, and memories associated with the player. Your brother might have had these, you might have wanted these, but your mom wouldn't buy them. Penny might have been your favorite player. The difference is that many wearing Foams have no nostalgia or memories associated with Penny, they're hypebeast who are wearing the sneaker because it's the popular sneaker right now. That's where I see your post coming in at.  (I agree.  But for most people it's to look 'cool' or be with the 'in' crowd.  I loved Jordan sneakers, some Reeboks (Questions, Omni-Lites, classics ($30 any and every colorway), and BlackTops for outdoor ball), some Elles, some Diadoras, some Filas, etc ... but I still love color and we all know the color red is sexy.  I had some of the Pennys, too.  If I was to say anything about the Pennys that stuck out for me was 'Lil' Penny'  .... Chris Rock was hilarious and a perfect choice for the character voice.
Makes perfect sense if you think about it.  My rebuttal in red ^

hes talking about me.. mad bc i was able to get get a second that im gonna sell to get my first pair for cheaper... i dont care if ppl dont like it.. its my money and ima do what i gotta do.. i aint buying 10 plus pairs and making bank... im just gettin mine for an affordable price... dude needs to chill

So you buy a pair that you couldn't afford and then buy another pair so you can sell at a higher price to pay for the initial pair you couldn't afford, how about you stop living out of your means. The way people think now is crazy, you can't afford to buy a shoe but do so regardless, I shudder to think what bills you over looked or scheme you did just to purchase.
living out of my means? yal are some chumps always looking to put someone down. Im in med school an dwill prolly make more than all yal... my parents each make well over 6 figs also. Money aitn a problem. i just dont see any since in paying 220 plus tax for shoes when i dont ahve to.

living out of my means? yal are some chumps always looking to put someone down. Im in med school an dwill prolly make more than all yal... my parents each make well over 6 figs also. Money aitn a problem. i just dont see any since in paying 220 plus tax for shoes when i dont ahve to.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Same thing happened to me at footlocker earlier this afternoon, except dude try to sell them to me for $350. Funny thing is, I never asked about the foams (copped last night on NDC). Dude saw that I was buying an 11.5 in some kobes and straight up said "got a size 11 foam for only $350". I laughed and said, "naw, I'm good bro". Then he has the nerve to say "are you sure?". 
the nerve of these fools. im actually thinking about buying a few major sizes of the next major release and selling them to people in line for retail just to throw it in the employees face and shut down a few resellers. there are people who just want a pair to wear getn RIPPED because some fool wants to make 20-50 bucks

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Same thing happened to me at footlocker earlier this afternoon, except dude try to sell them to me for $350. Funny thing is, I never asked about the foams (copped last night on NDC). Dude saw that I was buying an 11.5 in some kobes and straight up said "got a size 11 foam for only $350". I laughed and said, "naw, I'm good bro". Then he has the nerve to say "are you sure?". 
the nerve of these fools. im actually thinking about buying a few major sizes of the next major release and selling them to people in line for retail just to throw it in the employees face and shut down a few resellers. there are people who just want a pair to wear getn RIPPED because some fool wants to make 20-50 bucks

I hope you're never my doctor

I hope you're never my doctor

your parents make 6 figs and you are in med school but you trying to scrounge 100 buck off some one pair of kicks?! i could see selling 10 pairs and makin 100 a piece.. but that is just pitiful. I asked this dude about the shoes his response was "Im tryin to hussle these bra"

your parents make 6 figs and you are in med school but you trying to scrounge 100 buck off some one pair of kicks?! i could see selling 10 pairs and makin 100 a piece.. but that is just pitiful. I asked this dude about the shoes his response was "Im tryin to hussle these bra"

That don't sound like Med School lingo to me 
roll.gif

That don't sound like Med School lingo to me 
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom