1994: MJ Never Left.... Rockets vs. Bulls... (Who Wins?)

Yeah I read somewhere that MJ himself said that the Rockets would've taken it if they met in the Finals

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

This is the dumbest post EVER. If the stinkin Knicks took the Rockets to 7 games what the hell you think Jordan would have done to them? Bulls in 6!

The Knicks took the Bulls to 7 games in '92. They weren't slouches. People remember Charles Smith missing 4 layups, Starks going 2 - 18, and Ewing getting posterized by Pip, and now they try to act like the Knicks were garbage.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...go.svg/200px-Chicago_Bulls_logo.svg.png[/img]

nba-trophy.jpg

The '94 Rockets weren't that great of a team.  Yes, Hakeem was at his peak but they didn't have a whole hell of a lot else in comparison to other championship teams.
Hakeem would have had his way with Chicago's frontline, yes, but he absolutely demolished Ewing and the Knicks frontline and the Rockets were still a John Starks disaster away from losing to the Knicks.

Since the Bulls won titles 2-6 in six games I'll stick with the trend, Bulls in 6.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Mad Max was a good defender in his prime and he could handle MJ. 

Really G???  Are You Serious??? Nah You Can't Be Serious   

REALLY?????REALLY?
I AM DEAD SERIOUS! You must be real young, Jordan said it himself that Maxwell and Dumars were his toughest defenders. Mad Max could play aggressive D, because he knew Hakeem would be there for help defense.  
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

And during the Bulls three peat, they were 1-5 against the Rockets. They had no answer for the Dream. Another additional info, Hakeem would easily play 45+ minutes a game. Unheard of for a center. 

Quote from MJ:

After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."
I been looking for that quote for YEARS, can you post the article please?

Originally Posted by JoeClear

This is the dumbest post EVER. If the Knicks took the Rockets to 7 games what the hell you think Jordan would have done to them? Bulls in 6!

I agree 

The Knicks took the Bulls to a game 7 before.
laugh.gif

Exactly what Yeeupp said...maybe even more

The Bulls coulda won the next 4 after '98 if they hadn't been dismantled!

This is the dumbest post EVER. If the Knicks took the Rockets to 7 games what the hell you think Jordan would have done to them? Bulls in 6!

Because its all about matchups...The Knicks could match up with Hakeem with Ewing the Bulls could not.

AntBanks81 wrote:
Exactly what Yeeupp said...maybe even more

The Bulls coulda won the next 4 after '98 if they hadn't been dismantled!

I don't even think you believe this
smh.gif

If you do 
indifferent.gif

GUNNA:
Rockets win, Hakeem owned the Bulls ...

the yr before Dream and the Rockets beat the bullies up twice, there was no answer for him
Xtapolapacetl:
The Bulls... constantly took a beating from the Rockets in the early 90s.
Magic were 3-1 against the Lakers the last couple years before the Finals lat year. How'd the Finals work out for the team with the regular season advantage?

Spurs swept the Cavs in the '07 Finals even though the previous 2 seasons, the Cavs went 3-1 against S.A.

NBA regular season games mean close to nothing when it comes to playoffs. In the NFL and MLB, I buy regular season w/l records against teams facing each other, because the playoffs in both of those sports are the same as they are for the regular season; you play single games in the NFL reg. season and a single game for each round of the NFL playoffs, and teams play a series against each other in the regular season and do the same in the playoffs. In the NBA, you play a single game against a team in the regular season, and then you play a series against teams in the playoffs.

Bulls in 7. Hakeem would've and should completely dominate the series but it can easily turn into a one-man show and nothing more than that. Other than Hakeem, I think most of the match up can favor the Bulls, easy. 
Rockets did beat the Knicks but Knicks also (John Starks in particular) chocked the hell out of themselves and Rockets still barely beat them. 
Headlines would've been interesting...Jordan vs. Clyde pt. 2. That would've been 
pimp.gif

Rockets were a great team and I don't think winning a back-to-back championship while Jordan was out should not discredit them from what they have accomplished. 

Whoever said the Bulls would have won '99 also, I agree ... 50 game season.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe 2000 too ... quit playing.

The Bulls only lost to the Knicks because some ref blew the whistle on Pippen at the three point line at the end of game 7. He "fouled" Davis I think, this was
the call that started all this referee madness. Game over

If the Jordanless Bulls move on that year and face Houston, (with Drexler) Rockets would have been done.

I think people really need to look into reality. 

Agreed that MJ was a freak in the finals and when that spotlight turned on. 

However, listen to some of you guys.  Woulda won in both 94 AND 95. 

You guys gon sit here and tell me that a team was gonna go out and win THIRTY TWO CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF SERIES IN A DAMN ROW??????? 

They were going to play 8 straight years on less then 3 months rest, while most other teams in the league got anywhere from 4-5 EACH YEAR. 

Could the Bulls have gotten to 4 straight?  Sure, they could have.  Stretch it to 5?  Eh, maybe, but the chances would have gone down real fast, REAL fast. 

Bottom line is, the Bulls NEEDED that break.  No team is ever going to 8 straight finals, much less win all of em.  Not in the current state of the NBA.  Bqack in the 1 series a year era, yeah the Celts did it, but not when you have to play 4 series a year.  Not happening, ever, not in our lifetimes.  Bron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare could all sign with the Durant and theThunder and it still wouldn't happen. 

Back
Top Bottom