1994: MJ Never Left.... Rockets vs. Bulls... (Who Wins?)

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

^^The Rockets weren't a great team my man. You guys need to stop kidding yourselves. There's a BIG HUGE DIFFERENCE between Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon!! I don't care what the match ups are!! Michael Jordan is the ultimate match up nightmare.

Not for Hakeem he wasn't.

And this was during one of the worst individual seasons for Hakeem with the Rockets..

The Rockets were 12-6 against the Bulls during the first half of the 90s, something like that I believe. The best thing that happened to Jordan's myth is him retiring at that exact point.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I think people really need to look into reality. 

Agreed that MJ was a freak in the finals and when that spotlight turned on. 

However, listen to some of you guys.  Woulda won in both 94 AND 95. 

You guys gon sit here and tell me that a team was gonna go out and win THIRTY TWO CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF SERIES IN A DAMN ROW??????? 

They were going to play 8 straight years on less then 3 months rest, while most other teams in the league got anywhere from 4-5 EACH YEAR. 

Could the Bulls have gotten to 4 straight?  Sure, they could have.  Stretch it to 5?  Eh, maybe, but the chances would have gone down real fast, REAL fast. 

Bottom line is, the Bulls NEEDED that break.  No team is ever going to 8 straight finals, much less win all of em.  Not in the current state of the NBA.  Bqack in the 1 series a year era, yeah the Celts did it, but not when you have to play 4 series a year.  Not happening, ever, not in our lifetimes.  Bron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare could all sign with the Durant and theThunder and it still wouldn't happen. 
They could have done it, if they did it 3 years, then he retired, came back and won three more what does that tell you?
laugh.gif

Bulls could have won those years he retired, then in '99. Easy.

^

Uhhhhhhh, it tells me that they got more rest those two years then they did the previous 3. 
ohwell.gif

Kinda what I was getting at, no? 

What do you think Mike's body woulda been like had he not had two years of rest?  You think he still has the springs for that final jumper?  Dude woulda been on fumes more then you are if you think otherwise.  No team ever, is winning 30 straight series.  It will NEVER happen. 

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

^^The Rockets weren't a great team my man. You guys need to stop kidding yourselves. There's a BIG HUGE DIFFERENCE between Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon!! I don't care what the match ups are!! Michael Jordan is the ultimate match up nightmare. Furthermore, Kenny Smith has said the Rockets wanted to dodge the Sonics cuz they couldn't beat them and look at what the Bulls did to them.

Your logic is horrible. Each and every team matches up differently to each other. The Bulls handled the Sonics, The Sonics handled the Rockets. And while we didn't get to see the Bulls/Rockets play in the Finals, the Rockets had a winning record against the Bulls during their first 3 peat. Not to mention you already said this same nonsense concerning the Knicks, when they took the Bulls to 7 games twice. Come on now.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rockets win, Hakeem owned the Bulls ...

the yr before Dream and the Rockets beat the bullies up twice, there was no answer for him

Co-Sign.

Rockets woulda won in 7. Even MJ knows whats good with Hakeem and the supporting cast on the Rockets were DEEP. Best believe this might of been a series for the ages and a classic.

Aftera loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "Wehave no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever makeit to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."

laugh.gif
 @ people saying "MJ IS UNSTOPPABLE! HE CAN NEVER LOSE! YOU MUST NOT KNOW WHO HE IS"
did you all even see the Knicks/Rockets series?

hell, did you see any of Jordans winning series' when they aired? Ya'll sounding like sheep
laugh.gif

Hakeem the Dream was a beast on the block, and the bulls had no real answer for him. 

Im not saying the Bulls would lose, but come on now, don't play my dude Hakeem short just because MJ was your childhood super hero, he was mine too, but I actually liked other players as well
smh.gif
laugh.gif

But I'm gonna ask this, 96-98 Bulls vs 00-03 Lakers - Triangle Offense Vs Triangle Offense... 3 peat vs 3 peat... Kobe/Shaq vs MJ/Pippen?

I think Bulls would take it in 6. 

hella handsome wrote:
But I'm gonna ask this, 96-98 Bulls vs 00-03 Lakers - Triangle Offense Vs Triangle Offense... 3 peat vs 3 peat... Kobe/Shaq vs MJ/Pippen?

96 bulls vs 00 lakers     each team gets to have phil coach them for a half and ron harper gets to check in for both teams.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by CP1708

I think people really need to look into reality. 

Agreed that MJ was a freak in the finals and when that spotlight turned on. 

However, listen to some of you guys.  Woulda won in both 94 AND 95. 

You guys gon sit here and tell me that a team was gonna go out and win THIRTY TWO CONSECUTIVE PLAYOFF SERIES IN A DAMN ROW??????? 

They were going to play 8 straight years on less then 3 months rest, while most other teams in the league got anywhere from 4-5 EACH YEAR. 

Could the Bulls have gotten to 4 straight?  Sure, they could have.  Stretch it to 5?  Eh, maybe, but the chances would have gone down real fast, REAL fast. 

Bottom line is, the Bulls NEEDED that break.  No team is ever going to 8 straight finals, much less win all of em.  Not in the current state of the NBA.  Bqack in the 1 series a year era, yeah the Celts did it, but not when you have to play 4 series a year.  Not happening, ever, not in our lifetimes.  Bron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare could all sign with the Durant and theThunder and it still wouldn't happen. 
They could have done it, if they did it 3 years, then he retired, came back and won three more what does that tell you?
laugh.gif

Bulls could have won those years he retired, then in '99. Easy.

This man is saying they wouldve won 9 straight championships.
roll.gif

I'd ask this then, you guys think the Bulls lose to the Knicks or Magic in 94/95? (95 they did, but obviously Mike was just back)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'd ask this then, you guys think the Bulls lose to the Knicks or Magic in 94/95? (95 they did, but obviously Mike was just back)
Doesn't matter if they do or don't. 

The point is, even if you give them 94 and if you want, 95, then they aren't winning in 96, 97, and 98.  At some point, you run out of gas.  Period.  They were not winning 8 titles in a row.  No way, no how. 

indifferent.gif
all yall laughing and throwing stonefaces at my comment need to sit down and think....

'99 was a lockout shortened year..The Bulls were a veteran team that woulda thrived with a shorter season. They woulda beat the Spurs...be silly if you want to and say they wouldn't

'00-'02 Phil would not have been in LA to mesh that teat team together.

Bulls coulda/woulda won the next 4 as I said

STONEFACE YOURSELF

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

hella handsome wrote:

96 bulls vs 00 lakers     each team gets to have phil coach them for a half and ron harper gets to check in for both teams.

The Laws of Physics wouldn't allow for any Bulls team to face any 2000 - present Lakers team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Raise the Cup

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

hella handsome wrote:

The Laws of Physics wouldn't allow for any Bulls team to face any 2000 - present Lakers team
laugh.gif

man i wish the 1998 Lakers could have played the Bulls in the finals that year instead of Utah.   The Bulls would have defenitly beat them because that team was young and had no sort of discipline until they got rid of some of the young guys and Phil took over but those Shaq, Kobe, Eddie Jones, Van Exel teams coulda been something nice if they had good coaching.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

indifferent.gif
all yall laughing and throwing stonefaces at my comment need to sit down and think....

'99 was a lockout shortened year..The Bulls were a veteran team that woulda thrived with a shorter season. They woulda beat the Spurs...be silly if you want to and say they wouldn't

STONEFACE YOURSELF

Are you saying the Bulls could've won the championship 99-02?????

roll.gif

The only thing Phil Jackson going to the Lakers prevented is the Spurs from having 6 championships by now.

Yes sir MrFriendly I am...everyone who watched basketball back then knew the championship road went through Chicago

1. Yes, regular season results do matter, but let's be for real, teams can struggle in the regular season and turn it on in the playoffs. Much like the 94/95 Rockets being the sixth seed. So, just because the Rockets beat the Bulls throughout the regular season, how can we instantly say that that will transpire to the playoffs?

2. In the Finals before MJ's retirement, he averaged 41 points per game. Think about how ridiculous that is. Olajuwon was not dropping that many points per game.

3. And talking about lack of rest, the Knicks were exhausted as a team. They played 6, 7, 7, and 7 series games in the 94 playoffs.

4. The Rockets beat inexperienced Finals teams, did they not? Chicago was not lacking experience on the Finals stage and the teams they played in the Finals were all previously experienced (excluding Seattle and Phoenix) ...

Originally Posted by Raise the Cup

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

The only thing Phil Jackson going to the Lakers prevented is the Spurs from having 6 championships by now.
This is quiete possibly true
if it wasn't for the Lakers, the Spurs would have had more titles for sure considering the Lakers put them out 4 times this past deacde.

1. Yes, regular season results do matter, but let's be for real, teams can struggle in the regular season and turn it on in the playoffs. Much like the 94/95 Rockets being the sixth seed. So, just because the Rockets beat the Bulls throughout the regular season, how can we instantly say that that will transpire to the playoffs?

First you say that playoffs are different from the regular season, then you pretty much explain which of the two teams benefits more from this argument (not the Bulls). If there's any team in history that lifted their performance in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season, it was those Rockets.. AND they beat the Bulls in the regular season as well.

2. In the Finals before MJ's retirement, he averaged 41 points per game. Think about how ridiculous that is. Olajuwon was not dropping that many points per game.

He wasn't dropping that many points per game, but he filled the stat sheet like no other player, two quadruple doubles, multiple 5 x 5 games.. And he always lifted his game in the playoffs. Hakeem averaged around 32-33 points in the three series combined where he played against Ewing, Robinson and Shaq. If he did this against those three, then averaging 41 points against the Bulls who had NO answer for him whatsoever doesn't seem like a complete fantasy.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

AntBanks81 wrote:
indifferent.gif

STONEFACE YOURSELF

Are you saying the Bulls could've won the championship 99-02?????

roll.gif

word
laugh.gif
roll.gif

NO TEAM was going to stop the Spurs in 99
smile.gif

In 2004 and 2008 the Spurs would have won the Chips thoses year.

How you got four hall of famers on a team and not win it all in 04 
indifferent.gif
 BUMS...
smh.gif

But that's for another time tho...
grin.gif

there's really no argument here. Go ask Jordan himself and he would and did say they would NOT have beat the Rockets. They had no answer for Hakeem.

Point Blank...

Back
Top Bottom