15 Companies That Might Not Survive 2009

yo if Chrysler go down do i have to pay my loan anymore?? lol
smh.gif
for being so broke

Originally Posted by Yo Andreee

This is really bad news.... I want this recession to end now.
Dont hold your breath the recession still ahs to get worse before it gets better, it wont start to look up until probably around 2012. WhenBarack is in his 2nd term
pimp.gif

Sbarro should have went out of business a while ago...crazy prices for subpar pizza...
smh.gif
...damn if six flags goes down lots of kids in the hood will be upsetthis summer...fire hydrants will be on full tilt

Six flags will get bought (cedar fair tried once already) and Chrysler will be saved....again....I'm sure. That company is really good at losing money

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Rite Aid. (Ticker symbol: RAD; about 100,000 employees; 1-year stock-price decline: 92%). This drugstore chain tried to boost its performance by acquiring competitors Brooks and Eckerd in 2007. But there have been some nasty side effects, like a huge debt load that makes it the most leveraged drugstore chain in the U.S., according to Zacks Equity Research. That big retail investment came just as megadiscounter Wal-Mart was starting to sell prescription drugs, and consumers were starting to cut bank on spending. Management has twice lowered its outlook for 2009. Prognosis: Mounting losses, with no turnaround in sight.

Six Flags. (SIX; about 30,000 employees; stock down 84%). This theme-park operator has been losing money for several years, and selling off properties to try to pay down debt and get back into the black. But the ride may end prematurely. Moody's expects cash flow to be negative in 2009, and if consumers aren't spending during the peak summer season, that could imperil the company's ability to pay debts coming due later this year and in 2010.

Krispy Kreme. (KKD; about 4,000 employees; stock down 50%). The donuts might be good, but Krispy Kreme overestimated Americans' appetite - and that's saying something. This chain overexpanded during the donut heyday of the 1990s - taking on a lot of debt - and now requires high volumes to meet expenses and interest payments. The company has cut costs and closed underperforming stores, but still hasn't earned an operating profit in three years. And now that consumers are cutting back on everything, such improvements may fail to offset top-line declines, leading Krispy Kreme to seek some kind of relief from lenders over the next year.

Sirius Satellite Radio. (SIRI - parent company; about 1,000 employees; stock down 96%). The music rocks, but satellite radio has yet to be profitable, and huge contracts for performers like Howard Stern are looking unsustainable. Sirius is one of two satellite-radio services owned by parent company Sirius XM, which was formed when Sirius and XM merged last year. So far, the merger hasn't generated the savings needed to make the company profitable, and Moody's thinks there's a "high likelihood" that Sirius will fail to repay or refinance its debt in 2009. One outcome could be a takeover, at distressed prices, by other firms active in the satellite busines.
a9c1584c7d65b3f22e19d58a93fd556de1a32fa.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
^

im sure each and everyone of you said nooooooooooo outloud (to some of the companies) while reading the whole thing
laugh.gif
i kno i did. damn, six flags goin down
smh.gif
welp, ppl been gettin killed there soim no suprised.

Krispy Kreme, Blokbuster, and Sbarro NEED to shutdown asap.

I don't know how Serius survives at all. I have no idea who owns one, let alone listens to the radio that long.

Reading the descriptions they provide coupled with the economic downturn, the failure and poential collapse of these companies isnt all that shocking.

I don't care about Sbarro, If you live in new york city why go to Sbarro? Go to a real pizza parlor...

I hope Krispy Kreme doesn't go away, I knew they were in trouble before all of this craziness, but damn...

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Reading the descriptions they provide coupled with the economic downturn, the failure and poential collapse of these companies isnt all that shocking.

Word.

Really Blockbuster might not make it?

laugh.gif

Chrysler Crossfire is really nice ... Until you get into one.

The interior is so cheap, its disgusting.

Chryslers designs were
eek.gif
over the yrs.

They just completely fell off.

Sirius is the only company I care about going under.

Ive had them for the last like 4 yrs, I cant imagine getting into my car and not listening to it anymore.

Theyre also bumping the prices up an extra $2 in like march.

I just got an email telling me to lock in my prices on the 3 radios before it shoots up.

Krispy Kreme on the endangered list is just [CB] turrible [/CB]
tired.gif

Not even surprised about Blockbuster though...I haven't even rented any games or movies there for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom