15 Companies That Might Not Survive 2009

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

This is Chrystlers lineup.

lineup-chrysler.gif

...just let em go.

Agreed the company sucks so bad they shouldnt have been bailed out to begin with

Just do the country a favor and shut down

Originally Posted by stevielips

Sirius Satellite Radio. (SIRI - parent company; about 1,000 employees; stock down 96%). The music rocks, but satellite radio has yet to be profitable, and huge contracts for performers like Howard Stern are looking unsustainable. Sirius is one of two satellite-radio services owned by parent company Sirius XM, which was formed when Sirius and XM merged last year. So far, the merger hasn't generated the savings needed to make the company profitable, and Moody's thinks there's a "high likelihood" that Sirius will fail to repay or refinance its debt in 2009. One outcome could be a takeover, at distressed prices, by other firms active in the satellite business.

Piss poor management and our lovely federal government put the nail in this company's coffin. First the management signed Stern to a $500 MILLION dollar contract for 5 years PLUS subscriber bonuses. Then they signed Oprah, Martha Stewart, Mad Dog and whoever else they threw money at. Then over 2 years ago the two companies decide to merge to combine debt and maximize profits. Guess what? Uncle Sam stepped in because of their ultimate hard on for Stern and delayed the merger for over a year thus getting both companies even further in debt. Major oil companies have taken DAYS to merge, why so long for a satellite radio company? When they finally merged they kept throwing money at things and never made a plan to actually get out of debt. Echostar (the same company that tried to merge with DirecTv and was shut down by the govt) supposedly just bought all their debt and is trying to make a complete takeover of the company. With or without Stern I believe in satellite radio especially for cars but at this point its a commodity which most people don't care about or can afford.

My guess......
Echostar buys up debt and eventually takes over Sirius in turn tries to restructure Sterns contract.
Stern has a years worth of material to compain about Echostar.
Echostar eventually fires him within a year and Stern is back on terrestrial in another year.
By this time internet radio is going to be as easy to get on your phone or car as it is to get a pack of ketchup.
Sirius/XM/Echostar go out of business completely.

they start messing with Howards $$ and he's out for sure, Artie knows it's gonna down the drain thats why he phoned it in today

Sirius Satellite Radio. (SIRI - parent company; about 1,000 employees; stock down 96%). The music rocks, but satellite radio has yet to be profitable, and huge contracts for performers like Howard Stern are looking unsustainable. Sirius is one of two satellite-radio services owned by parent company Sirius XM, which was formed when Sirius and XM merged last year. So far, the merger hasn't generated the savings needed to make the company profitable, and Moody's thinks there's a "high likelihood" that Sirius will fail to repay or refinance its debt in 2009. One outcome could be a takeover, at distressed prices, by other firms active in the satellite business.

I'm no econ genius, but I can honestly say I called this from day one. Never understood the concept behind paying for radio. Especially nowwith so many free alternatives like Slacker.com, etc.....

KK relies too much on donuts. They should've went the Dunkin Donuts route they make their money selling breakfast sandwiches and coffee of course.

Again six flags won't disappear theywill be bought and may close a park or two, but nothing major

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

KK relies too much on donuts. They should've went the Dunkin Donuts route they make their money selling breakfast sandwiches and coffee of course.
They overexpanded. I'd never heard of that place back in 2000, and within a couple years there were more than i could count around here.

Maybe I'm being too mature, but is anyone considering how this will affect people's lives other than their own...and not just because their favoritedonut or pizza might not be available anymore?

Originally Posted by ddot7

Maybe I'm being too mature, but is anyone considering how this will affect people's lives other than their own...and not just because their favorite donut or pizza might not be available anymore?
What do you think?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

I just saw the new DD commercial for their new breakfast sandwich last nite and damn that joint looked good
pimp.gif
Plus Dunkin Donuts likes to team up with other joints like Baskin Robbins andjust share the store and reap the profits. I still love KK donuts though.

Well i dont care about any of those companies....thats why there all going out of business.

Back
Top Bottom