12/15/2001-12/15/2011: How are your Black/Red XIs holding up after 10 years?

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i went in and bought 4 pairs
laugh.gif

since then i beat one and gave em away, and other 3 are DS

photo122l.jpg

back when you could preorder your pairs from eastbay 6 months in advance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i wish i still had those post card reminders they sent out
laugh.gif

still got my OG receipt too

photo1222v.jpg
u lookin to make some money my man??

turned mine into beaters about 4 years ago. they're still holding up well and look good, sole just turns into a darker red
pimp.gif

Thinking about it now they didn't interest me for some reason you cats that still got ds pairs from 10 yrs ago are crazy tho

After 75+ wears, even with a few minor creases and sole rubbing, mine still look newer and fresher than all of the recent XI releases.

Timely thread. Wore mine to work the other day. Still in descent shape. I have the CDP's also but they are DS.

When these dropped, I was also working at FINL. My store sold our only size 14 right when we opened. I had the San Angelo Store (in TX) send me another size 14. I kept them on hold in the back for two weeks then my GF (at the time) bought them.

(sigh).... the quality that used to be. I had a pair a couple of years ago before i had to sell them but they were in great condition when i let them go considering the times i worn them.

I was working at FTL in Coliseum Mall, Hampton VA. I got two pairs...the second pair I bought with my discount and gold coin..I wanna say I paid like $40 for the second pair. After rocking pair 1 on campusI actually hooped in them showing off. Pair #2 is a few feet away from as I type and still able to break necks when I bring em out.

Your post may have just spelled doom for someone. I think I will rock them this week.

The last time i wouldnt be prepared for a release and see everyone in school have em on monday morning..... Was heartbroken.....Literally right after that (Less than a week) I was put on to Niketalk, the next ten yrs and somewhere over 30 pairs later are now history.....

Got my wearing pair, and just picked up another pair DS off ebay the other day. Love it. To me, the BEST Coloway of the Jordan 11, even over the Concords and Space Jams, (Pertain to OG and 2000-01 retro). I hate my CDPs and I love this colorway

05f1641a01336d6e7be7ef5c6256a2715448484d_r.jpg

c8226441220f93b965368a701d1dbeb7f929727a_r.jpg

8d516e130a306c6370204cdca28e636cf9e70e56_r.jpg

I love this shoe. I remember dragging my mom out to Footlocker after she got out of work when I was 14.

this thread breaks my heart. (because i no longer own them). these are my favorite 11's and i REFUSE to buy ANY TRASH 11's that came out after 2001. even though i sold all my shoes, these are on the list for shoes i'd like to buy once again. i had 2-3 pairs but had to sell them...they NEVER get dirty or yellow, which is why they'll always be the #1 of the XI's.

I was in 11th grade, worked up the nerve to wake my moms up and beg her to take me to the mall to grab these. There was alot of older heads there and they were buggin out cuz i showed up rockin a pair of og black n red XI's. I still remember the deadstock new shoe smell of them 01's. I wear these at least 4 times a week and they are still holdin. I love some of the stories. Good post Niketalk.

Back
Top Bottom