12/15/2001-12/15/2011: How are your Black/Red XIs holding up after 10 years?

Originally Posted by mikeposite

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by vanexellent

People still stop me on the street and ask when did they come out and where did I get them.

I forgot to mention this. For some reason, these break mad necks. Probably because everyone around my way beat up their CDP XIs.

Same here! Folks asking about them, and I'm like, "These old things??"
laugh.gif

It's cool to hear so many stories. It sucks just to know that $125 price tag is something we probably will never see again...

did you see what i did there?

It's funny cuz I was trying to decide if I should use that word or not...
laugh.gif

I tried leave some hope there.

the 95s i picked up a few months back are holding up fine. just gotta deal with a little sole separation at first though. easy fix.

Beat em to death, slacked on the toe nail clippings one month and got a hole in it. To think i only paid 125 for it, damn. This 180 $*$* right now is ridiculous.

I'm the second owner of mine. When I purchased, I believe it was here on NT...Anyway, they were VNDS and boy was that ever the truth!!! To this day, more often than not, I pull them out (as well as y 01 SJ's) and end up inspecting them for like 20 minutes and put them back in the box! Don't get me wrong, I've worn each a handful of times, but at this point, I just want to preserve them since the recent retro's suck. Long live the '01 Breds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pair is still in pretty good condition.
I pulled them out last year when i went to go see Saw VI.
dankenstien88 is making me wish that i would have doubled up smh.

Great Post! My Pair Is Good. Might pull the trigger on another pair. $125... that was the good ol days for ya.

I still have mine in immaculate condition. I remember going to the mall and getting these with ease. That 125 pricetag seems so unbelievable looking back at it
ohwell.gif
. I wish JB would have put the white outline on these like the OG's. Maybe on the next retro.

my pair is still insanely vnds. no creasing in the patent. i still love them. i rock em occasionally. quality was piff. and were so inexpensive smh

These and the Concords are my favs of all time.
My pair is still really fresh, I only wear them about once every two months then clean them up right after.

2IRbK.jpg

damn its been 10 years?....time flies.....

my 10 year old pair is basically brand new, and i got a DS CDP XI pair waiting in da wings....

mine are doing great, one of the easiest pick ups ever due to the fact that eastbay allowed pre ordering months in advance back in 01. These hold a special place in my heart because I scored my career high of 47 pts in an AAU tournament in these bad boys. I still wear them like once a month maybe less. The GS size is a cool story because back in 03 my girl baby sat regularly for a family that had tons of J's for their young boys , when I mentioned to the mom that I liked them one day she told me I could have them because her sons wouldn't fit in them for a few years and they wouldn't miss them , Ive had them stored away since then, Can't wait till my son can fit into these!  

Mine look great and i've worn them consistently throughout the last 10 years. I bought these on release day at a World Footlocker in my town.  got there 1 hour before they opened and there was 5 or 6 people in front of me and by the time the store opened there was about 15 people in line total.  The funny thing is that my area is not into J's whatsoever and this was the only release that people were actually waiting in line back then.  

Actually almost missed out on these back in 01. Was having a lot of issues with my then GF around that time and took a trip to the mall for some Xmas shoppin and saw a couple dudes wearin em and freaked out. I stopped em and asked where they got em and they told me they were just re-released. Of course I hit every store in that mall and they looked at me like I was nuts for even thinkin they would still be around. Dejected, I headed home and called eastbay knowing I would prolly get the all sold out talk. The eastbay salesperson was very nice, she said she doubted they would have any left since it was a big seller but she would look anyhow. She sounded as shocked as I was when a size 11 was actually in stock. About 4 days later they showed up on my doorstep. One of the greatest sites my eyes had ever witnessed. I missed these in 96 and was sure I would never get a pair. Patience is a virtue sometimes. I handed em down to my godson earlier this year due to me scoopin another DS pair off ebay a couple years later and getting the CDP pack versions. He wears em damn near every day. 

I have two pairs of 01's. The one on the left is DS and the other is worn and still in excellent condition.
2hp58ur.jpg

Moelest, I apologize for copying your set-up
laugh.gif

The Air Jordan 11 Black/Red family.

2aahidl.jpg

^^These are the size ranges for all my shoes. About 70% of my collection is 10.5. About 25% of my collection is size 11 and 5% of my collection is size 10. Size 10.5 is my real size. I can pretty much go a half size up or down depending on the shoe. The CDP's are size 10.5. I also had a 2001 pair in a 10.5, but I sold it to my girlfriend's cousin.

Back
Top Bottom