*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by CarolinaPack04

Originally Posted by MR J 858

By screwing them over and holding the Hornets hostage and refuses to sign a contract extension to whatever team the Hornets trade him to and then once he hits the free agent market next summer signs with the Lakers. Even if it's just for a cheap 1 year deal so that the Lakers can get his Bird rights

are people really this stupid? yea hes gonna sign a cheap 1 year deal lol
It's been done before in the past.
Looking at your avatar your a Knicks fans who's probably still hoping CP3 is going to end up with the Knicks with Melo & Amare.

News flash here. Not only do the Knicks not have any trade able assets that the Hornets want, they also don't have any 1st round draft picks until what 2015?

And the Knicks are about to use up their remaining cap space by signing Tyson Chandler.

Give up your pipe dream on CP3 joining Amare & Melo in NYC.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob

@incarceratedbob
Incarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NBA
NEWS**Source: Nets are back! Magic have agreed in "PRINCIPLE" 2trade
Dwight Howard 2the Nets (Announcement Before Monday)

30t6p3b.gif
It's over. Time to move on. People can laugh but that #### ain't funny that this league we were all excited to have back can be ran like this. And the Lakers are not going anywhere, ever.

Here's to Bomb: 2011 and Beyond

Andrew-Bynum-and-Dwight-Howard-Battle1-585x426.jpg

Don't put too much stock into this guys twitter....as long as I've been on NT I've seen his name attached to more than a few false stories.....I'm assuming this Guy has just as much knowledge about a potential move as anybody on here
30t6p3b.gif

Laker Nation is saying on Twitter that the the three teams involved in the deal will appeal the NBA's decision to kill the CP3 trade... let's hope something good comes out of this process... and btw I wonder what the Nets ownership used to convince Dwight... tampering or not, it seems like he really wanted to go to the Nets...

Deal is NOT done.. Magic are currently deciding whether to sue the Nets for Tampering as Prokhorov and Billie King met with Howard last night...

Nets may have killed the deal with stupidity

Seriously if David Stern allows the Nets to trade for Dwight Howard to happen after the Magic file a tampering lawsuit against the Nets.

Then it will really show RIGGED the NBA is and David Stern is in complete control and is a dictator.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Deal is NOT done.. Magic are currently deciding whether to sue the Nets for Tampering as Prokhorov and Billie King met with Howard last night...

Nets may have killed the deal with stupidity

Orlando can be either using those threats to get more out of NJ, or not gonna be doing business with them at all. They win out more by just biting the bullet and trading him to the Nets.

Originally Posted by Sexy Beast from the East

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Next to hearing about Magic's unfortunate contraction of HIV and his career being cut short as a result (which by far was the greatest tragedy to happen to our franchise, God Bless Magic, may he continue to live a long life), this collapsed deal could eventually kill this team for quite some time....

indifferent.gif
 %%% does this have to do with ANYTHING? Are you just trying to throw in some irrelevant knowledge to prove your a "real" fan because you rockin that NYGIANTS avatar? Your a bandwagoner since birth and no1 cares about your rant. The lakers will prob still get a deal done somewhere and the team will be fine. But my god your post was annoying, especially with the Giants logo staring right at me. Jesus 
laugh.gif

You serious? Way to take my post out of context. You don't know a damn thing about me, been a Laker fan all my life. Never been a Knicks fan, always rode out with the Lakers. Bandwagoner? Are you serious? Who the *@!+ are you? Nobody, don't worry about me, if you don't like what I wrote don't quote me +%$$+. 

There's plenty of NYers on NT that like the Lakers, they're all bandwagoners too? %$*#%$+ lame, how bout all the other sports fan that rep teams out of state/country. What a way to make yourself look like an *#*. 

Oh and how bout you go back to lurking and making a post every 10 years about how your imaginary girlfriends mom caught you "Ac Slatering", cornball. Stealing other people's experiences for e-fame. 

@incarceratedbob Incarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Nets are back! Magic have agreed in "PRINCIPLE" 2trade Dwight Howard 2the Nets (Announcement Before Monday)

how sure are you guys that this is a legit source?
laugh.gif

it looks like they basically gave their guess a deadline of monday so that if it actually does happen they can claim they broke the story

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

@incarceratedbob Incarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Nets are back! Magic have agreed in "PRINCIPLE" 2trade Dwight Howard 2the Nets (Announcement Before Monday)

how sure are you guys that this is a legit source?
laugh.gif

it looks like they basically gave their guess a deadline of monday so that if it actually does happen they can claim they broke the story
This guy broke the CP3 trade a few hours before anyone else and the Pujols signing. He had a good day yesterday, but never got the credit. I like the mystique behind him also.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

lmaooo dan gilbert was the man a year ago for telling lebron off right lol dudes a loserrrrrr

Nawwww, we saw the b____ in him at that point. Most felt dude went too far with the letter, at least I did.

Give LO some time.  Clearly he was hurt by this, but he'll get it together.  I'm sure some of his teammates will reach out to him and make him feel welcomed back.  He'll be alright. 

I wish all these dudes had to step in front of a mic.  I want to see/hear Stern answer questions, and I would love to see Mitch speak as well.  And then Paul. 

This story gonna play all year now, whatever Paul does, gonna be tied to this deal.  Either another trade, or if he walks away in free agency.  Imagine that day, July 1 when Paul walks, what Stern gonna say then? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Laker Nation is saying on Twitter that the the three teams involved in the deal will appeal the NBA's decision to kill the CP3 trade... let's hope something good comes out of this process... and btw I wonder what the Nets ownership used to convince Dwight... tampering or not, it seems like he really wanted to go to the Nets...

I read that lakers can't appeal because "the NBA considered the trade to have been blocked by New Orleans, not the league itself."  So it is like a trade just falling apart.
http://www.slamonline.com...ion-on-chris-paul-trade/

Essential1 wrote:

Lamar not at camp. Probably drowning his sorrows over a box of Little Debbie's Zebra Cakes.

http://lakersblog.latimes...ef0133f4da3b6e970b-320wi src="http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef0133f4da3b6e970b-320wi">

He might eat himself into a sugar induced coma. Hope someone is checking up on him...

In all seriousness, I still can't believe this trade got nixed. CP3 is def walking in 7 months & NO was going to get 3 decent starters in the deal along with a decent bench player & a draft pick. This was an ok deal considering CP3 was leaving anyway...Not that I'm a big Bron supporter but I really hated how Gilbert handled Bron leaving & I hate him even more now.   

Trade deadline is extended out until March 15th.

Contract amnesty MUST be completed in 7 days.

We have a week to pick somebody..I really wonder who it is.

We should just move on from all this. We will have the same team as last year. Maybe the lakers will use their 5 mil exception to give a 5 year contract to some scrub. 

Back
Top Bottom