.::10.27 NBA Opening Night- Celtics vs. Cavaliers- 7:30pm on TNT::.

Originally Posted by DubA169

JDB1523 wrote:

5. Refs were bad (for both sides) and not enough to determine the game. Looks like the old refs ARE, in fact, back.
laugh.gif
I thought the refs were good minus the missed traveling call on ray allen

word the refs were straight...shaq is not a good look for the Cavs at all.......the offense looked plain turrible
laugh.gif

That's Celts basketball.

What I saw tonight was Boston having a lot of offensive weapons and team defense. I liked what Sheed and Marquis added, and Rondo will be insane this year ifhe's consistently hawkish like he was tonight.

And Cleveland has LeBron. And no low post presence. And Anthony Parker shooting like someone believes he's good.

Cavs better leash the guy or he'll shoot them out of games. Shaq is Ben Wallace now.

Barkley said it best at halftime: Cavs have the same problems they had last year, including no frontline athleticism. No athleticism means fewer inside pointsand fewer rebounds when they need them most.

Originally Posted by JUUG KNIGHT

Originally Posted by DubA169

JDB1523 wrote:

5. Refs were bad (for both sides) and not enough to determine the game. Looks like the old refs ARE, in fact, back.
laugh.gif
I thought the refs were good minus the missed traveling call on ray allen

word the refs were straight...shaq is not a good look for the Cavs at all.......the offense looked plain turrible
laugh.gif

The thing is, Shaq looked good at the start when he was taking hooks off the glass - looked real smooth & fluid. Then he reverted to his usual spin intothe middle of the lane and throw up some weird as hook move. When he can't get position he does that and becomes next to useless on the offensive end.

Just got back from the game.

Crowd was on 10, great atmosphere. Especially in the first 5 minutes.

Then failure ensued.

What an exasperating night.

The team and coach Brown looked lost out there tonight. Kudos to the Cavs even keeping this one respectable. But it truly felt like a preseason feeler game.Rotations seemed erratic and the fluidity offensively and defensively just wasn't there.

Also getting production from Shaq and Z is going to be tricky. They are players that have to get into a rhythm and I'm not exactly sure how that'sgoing to happen.

And if Delonte's mental breakdown or whatever forces Parker to play 40 minutes a night, then we're some serious trouble for the time being.

One more thing, beyond what I posted on the previous page, before I go to bed: Mike Brown was clearly outcoached tonight. Put up the first tally mark.

I'm still confused by the play of Anthony Parker. He was pretty solid on D, but every move he does looks like it has the goal of getting him to the pointwhere he can fade away from the corner. Like, woo I just beat Ray off the first move, but gotta make my way over behind that backboard.

BTW, the intro was OFF the chain.

Shaq coming out of the water, and Bron stepping out the poster
eek.gif
eek.gif

kudos to the Cavs A/V graphics dept.

The problem with Shaq now is that he'll get good position, but there's usually only one other player on his team that's actually a skilled passer.There was one time where he had Perkins on his back and the baseline open, but Moon didn't get the ball to him instead, passing it to LeBron who wasstanding two feet behind the top of the three point line. LeBron gets it back to Moon so that he can pass it into Shaq, but by that time Shaq has no advantageand it leads to a bad looking hook shot that misses.

Shaq should be able to get good position at least one time every other possession. It'll be up to the players not named LeBron to make that entry pass atthe right moment. Shaq's never going to draw a double team, but he can still get a dozen points shooting nine times a game w/o changing the offense.

Moon looked horrible out there. Didn't seem like he had any skills whatsoever.

I see no reason to not like the Cavs. It's still just a matter of how they'll play against the other elite teams. Getting down on them now would belike getting down on LeBron for missing a shot in the first quarter.

These top teams are so stacked (outside of Cleveland) that it isn't worth rating them until they've faced each other at least five times.

damn good intro ^

get Delonte back in the starting lineup and Leon Powe healthy should help out alot.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music
Dan Gilbert $ FTW...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't feel like going in depth because I'm exhausted & about to hit the bead, BUT...

Two words: Delonte West (we need him BADLY).� After all, he was our 2nd most valuable player in the playoffs lastyear.� GET WELL SOON!

I was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
during the 1st Q and then it fizzled out quickly.
smh.gif
...It's only the first game though.� The chemistry looked
sick.gif
(besides the 1st).� The fact we even had a chance to pull it out towards the endwas
smokin.gif
seeing how $%@#!+ we played.

Oh well...one game @ a time.� On to the next one!

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I see no reason to not like the Cavs. It's still just a matter of how they'll play against the other elite teams. Getting down on them now would be like getting down on LeBron for missing a shot in the first quarter.

These top teams are so stacked (outside of Cleveland) that it isn't worth rating them until they've faced each other at least five times.

This.

Mike Brown acknowledged after the game that he is still learning the rotations regarding who works best with who. Considering the team was riddled with the fluand the DWest situation all through camp, I give him leeway on this. Also with two new players in the starting lineup, it will take time. Brown also said thisteam isn't where he wants and knows they will be defensively and offensively. I don't expect this team to be playing their best ball early. They needto be doing that in April, May then June.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I see no reason to not like the Cavs. It's still just a matter of how they'll play against the other elite teams. Getting down on them now would be like getting down on LeBron for missing a shot in the first quarter.

This.

Mike Brown acknowledged after the game that he is still learning the rotations regarding who works best with who. Considering the team was riddled with the flu and the DWest situation all through camp, I give him leeway on this. Also with two new players in the starting lineup, it will take time. Brown also said this team isn't where he wants and knows they will be defensively and offensively. I don't expect this team to be playing their best ball early. They need to be doing that in April, May then June.
this is why i thought Celtics vs. Cavs in Game 1 was stupid... i know the NBA wants ratings but to have these two teams playing this early in theseason

Once the Cavs get delonte back they should have their offense much more stable than what we saw tonight...
It wasn't a horrible game on the Cavs part, so for that i am glad.

Sidenotes:
Parker, stop shootin fadeaways pretending to be #24
Moon, just don't shoot...
Z, just because you come off the bench now doesn't mean you can stop making your shots
Rasheed, this guy is going to be contribute A LOT to the C's team
Garnett, 80%

for both teams it's 1 game, its a nice win for boston on the road against a quality opponent but it has to be nicer, considering the easter day spankingthey received in cleveland back in april

The Celtics will win the east and probably the championship, if everyone stays healthy.

Cavs supporting cast = garbage

The best thing LeBron can do for his legacy as a basketball player is to go after another MVP this season. Put up monster numbers and get the Cavs to 55 wins..then go after championships next year and sign with a good team.

Because he ain't going anywhere with these fools in the playoffs this year. The Cavs will go as deep in the playoffs until they run into the Celtics or theMagic. If it's in the first round, then that's where they'll go out.

the cavs looked mediocre at best but to me they pretty much are the same team
laugh.gif
top 2 teams in the east are orlando and boston.

outacontrol music wrote:
BTW, the intro was OFF the chain.

Shaq coming out of the water, and Bron stepping out the poster
eek.gif
eek.gif

kudos to the Cavs A/V graphics dept.

The intro was cool but song selection was horrible, worst song out of all the intros we have had so far. Should of went with Run This Town or Forever.

laugh.gif

Told ya'll Shaq would be a horrible addition.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... It's only 1 game or whatever.

But the Diesel at this point in his career more resembles the Little Engine That Could.

If it were 5 years ago, a team of LBJ + Shaq with these same scrubs around them would be able to get to the Finals.

But here in 2009, this Cavs team looks like they would get ousted in the 1st round.

Honestly, Shaq should be the one coming off the bench working with the 2nd unit. Chemistry would probably be much better with Z back as a starter.

Back
Top Bottom