1/29 WWE ROYAL RUMBLE - Preview Pg 52, RR Pool Details Pg 1, RR Prediction Contest Pg 49!

So who has WWE officially announced as in The Rumble?  Please add to the list.  This is off the top of my head.
The Miz (#1)

R-Truth

Sheamus

Wade Barrett

Jinder Mahal

Chris Jericho

Remember, I'm only talking "officially" announced guys.  I know we can name guys like Orton, but WWE hasn't said they're in yet.  It's pretty pathetic that I can only come up with 6 guys.

Remember when the main eventers and others would actually cut promos about them winning the rumble instead of running around trying to be a boy scout for internet champions and such?

It's like barely any of the superstars care about the rumble this year.

Oh and 4w you forgot... Santino
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just read this on ringsidenews and dang near spit out my Cap'NCrunch..

Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion VINCE RUSSO turns 51 today..

Read it a couple more times and try to wrap your head around that..
laugh.gif

Ahhh I remember Cody Rhodes mentioning it once in a backstage segment that he intends to win the rumble and pull and Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania.

As others have mentioned,

Foley
Santino
Cody Rhodes

Have all been confirmed for the Rumble. So that gives us 9 names. In years past we're usually left guessing who 3 or 4 spots are going to be filled by, but 21?! Come on.

Also the commercial said it's the first Rumble that all superstars are allowed to participate in and it showed a graphic of CM Punk. Does this mean titleholders can be in it?? What would be the point?

That whole 'all superstars are allowed to participate' thing has definitely got to be in focus this year. They're planning to do something new with that.

Or something really lame like Michael Cole in the rumble..

Originally Posted by theDEEK

That whole 'all superstars are allowed to participate' thing has definitely got to be in focus this year. They're planning to do something new with that.

Or something really lame like Michael Cole in the rumble..
It was a stupid line, but it was also just a passing line.  I don't think it's going to mean anything.
I predict 27 normal roster guys.  2 comedy legends (one being Hacksaw since it's the 25th anniversary and he won the first), and 1 surprise entrant.  I have no idea who they would even bring in that would be a surprise.  MVP? Lashley?  I'm almost positive RVD is still under TNA contract for at least another month.  Lesnar or Batista would be a waste as a surprise.

They should have really played up Orton's injury as a serious thing.  Then his return would have been a real shocker.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]he did mention something small about defending his WM undefeated streak too... probably right. dammit.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by casekicks

ITO, I don't know who you think you are, but you ain't givin' me crap..No job squad here brotha..Job squad means you're happy with your spot at the bottome, that you're happy puting guys over, that you're happy to be below average..Well that's not who am I now and that's not who I'll ever be..I'm here to earn my spot, and that spot is going to be at the top of the NTWE..

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Case...[/color]

Spoiler [+]
the_rock_gif.gif

tumblr_lr9hbmGmOE1r2fznqo1_250.gif

tumblr_lr2nteov1P1r2fznqo1_250.gif

132493028545.gif

3517jvp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you get um buddy...[/color]

08733364_approval_gif.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]God i'm funny... this made me laugh all over again.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]gonna be a long day, need the lulz.[/color]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
WWE's "Sin City Smackdown" on Friday, January 20 scored a 2.14 rating, holding up well after the previous Smackdown surged 21 percent to a 2.18 rating.

Smackdown averaged 3.3 million viewers, up six percent compared to the previous week and the most Smackdown viewers since 3.6 million viewers on February 25, 2011 nearly one year ago.

On cable TV Friday night, Smackdown ranked #4 in overall viewers, #5 among males 18-34, and #3 among males 18-49. Smackdown trailed Friday night hit "Gold Rush" on Discovery Channel, Fox News, and Disney Channel programming.

By comparison, ESPN's NBA Friday game averaged 1.9 million viewers and UFC's "Fight Night" special on FX averaged 1.3 million viewers. In key demos, Smackdown topped UFC by 15 percent in m18-34 and 29 percent in m18-49.

Caldwell's Analysis: Smackdown is back to clicking on Friday nights. After losing older and younger viewers at the beginning of the year, Smackdown has regained the extremes and held steady with adults and males 18-34. Smackdown might lose some adult male viewers to UFC's upcoming Ultimate Fighter program on Friday nights, but WWE's broad appeal to teens and females should keep Smackdown strong.
[/font]

Smackdown needs to be live if it wants more viewers and leave the Friday spot.
Pretty much what kills the views are the spoilers and the fact that you can watch the show before it comes on TV.
If Smackdown was live I would go as far as to say they can have more viewers than RAW.

Went to Raw last night, for a live show it was pretty good, here are some quick thoughts:
-Jericho was money, people were DYING for him to say something, hence the pop he got when he spoke.

-Even for a mark Arizona crowd, Zack Ryder got NO pop whatsoever, it was really sad to see live cause the guy had so much momentum not too long ago. The entire Kane/Ryder/Eve/Cena segment practically killed the crowd for the rest of the night, it was bad live so I could only imagine how it came off on TV... Funny thing is though, when Cena did is "angry face" the arena was laughing, and I immediately knew it had .gif written all over it. 

-It saddened me to see that The Miz has lost the crowd too, WWE has definitely succeeded in his burial cause he got no heat or any reaction at all when he came out.

Biggest pops:

1) CM Punk

2) John Cena

3) Sheamus

4) Chris Jericho

Biggest heat:

1) Vicki Guerrero

2) John Laurinaitis

3) Dolph Ziggler

4) Chris Jericho

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Is this the hottest Nattie gif of all time? She's not crazy hot but...

1327375005933.gif

Spoiler [+]
1327375939884.gif

1327370888363.gif

1327370117172.gif

All those gifs....every one of them
Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Angleina mustive lost like 15 since that gif. She has Kelly Kelly's butt now

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

did zack ryder really break his back like they said he did?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yes.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

did zack ryder really break his back like they said he did?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yes.[/color]
I wonder why they are trying to keep him off TV. Bigger and Better things? Does he have backstage heat?

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

Smackdown needs to be live if it wants more viewers and leave the Friday spot.
Pretty much what kills the views are the spoilers and the fact that you can watch the show before it comes on TV.
If Smackdown was live I would go as far as to say they can have more viewers than RAW.
I don't think they want more viewers, though. The ratings have been pretty great for Mark/Bryan title reigns. A 21% jump is huge. 

Back
Top Bottom