09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by tmay407

Jeff Fuller cracked his fibula, and the staff is hoping to have him back in 4-6 weeks. Much better news than I was expecting after seeing that play...
smh.gif
My guy...

Christine Michael is a god damn beast.

Got 3 or 4 games on DVR to catch up some on this weekend...

Pat Forde ranked us the #1 team in the country in his power rankings.
roll.gif
roll.gif

ESPN Power rankings:

[h2]College Football Power Rankings - Week 3[/h2]

Week: Select One Preseason 1 2

http://sports.espn.go.com...tory?page=bottom10091609 selected>ESPN.com Bottom 10 ESPNU Fan Rankings

A tumultuous Week 3 saw USC and BYU take a nosedive in the rankings after their losses, while Miami reintroduced itself to the top 10 after perfectly navigating the first half of its brutal opening schedule. And at least one of our voters is so impressed by the Hurricanes' resurgence that they merited a first-place vote. (Hint: The No. 1 vote didn't come from ACC blogger Heather Dinich.)

Meanwhile, Auburn earned its entry after a shootout win over West Virginia, while Florida State returned to the Top 25 on the heels of its thrashing of the Cougars in Provo.

However, no one was able to break the Florida-Texas deadlock at the top, though the Gators' and Longhorns' top-two dominance is dwindling after less-than-convincing performances over the weekend.

Be sure to check back every Monday, as the 2009 Power Rankings will be updated throughout the season.
Overall | Voters 1-5 | Voters 6-10 | Voters 11-15

[table][tr][td]College Football Power Rankings - Week 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (LW)[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1 (1)[/td] [td]Florida (13)[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]371[/td] [td]Gators fans were bracing for a historic beatdown in the Swamp versus the Vols -- imagine their surprise when they were actually treated to a game. It was a little too close for comfort, but Florida's defense ensured it collected its 13th straight win.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2 (2)[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]353[/td] [td]Redemption, revenge, relief -- regardless of what Texas feels after its win, it's one win closer to the goal Texas Tech denied the Horns last season. UT slumbered through the first half but put away a pesky Tech team in the second half in a 34-24 win.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3 (4)[/td] [td]Alabama (1)[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]352[/td] [td]With USC's fall, Alabama emerges as the team with the best case to break the Gators-Longhorns deadlock at the top -- and deservedly so. The Crimson Tide pummeled North Texas 53-7 in their highest-scoring output since 2001.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]4 (6)[/td] [td]California[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]303[/td] [td]It turns out Cal needed only a new conference and a different time zone to cure its recent road woes. Five touchdowns from Jahvid Best didn't hurt either, as the Bears topped Minnesota 35-21. Pac-10 play begins next week with a visit to Oregon.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]5 (5)[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]301[/td] [td]The exhibition season is over as Penn State aced its final tuneup before Big Ten play begins with a dominating win over Temple. Evan Royster rushed for 134 yards and the Nittany Lions held the Owls to just 46 yards rushing.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]6 (7)[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]293[/td] [td]Heading into Week 4, Ole Miss has barely broken a sweat after rolling over SE Louisiana 52-6 over the weekend. The going gets considerably tougher for the Rebels, who open SEC play on Thursday with a visit to South Carolina.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]7 (10)[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]290[/td] [td]That win over Washington in Seattle sure carries some extra weight after the Huskies' win over USC. LSU strolled in its final tuneup before SEC play with a 31-3 win over La.-Lafayette. A visit to Mississippi State comes next.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]8 (16)[/td] [td]Miami (FL) (1)[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]272[/td] [td]Dare we say that The U is back? Two wins against ranked ACC opponents to start the season merits inclusion in the top 10. It won't get any easier for the Canes, as they travel to Virginia Tech Saturday before hosting Oklahoma the following week.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]9 (9)[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]265[/td] [td]The game resembled either an offensive clinic or an exhibition on how not to tackle. Either way, Boise State's 51-34 seesaw win over Fresno State crosses one of the potentially tricky games off the Broncos' list on their road to an undefeated season.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]10 (12)[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]209[/td] [td]A school record in his second career start? Not bad. Landry Jones threw six touchdown passes in Oklahoma's 45-0 rout of Tulsa. The Sooners head into a bye week before traveling to face Miami on Oct. 3.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]11 (3)[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]208[/td] [td]Washington fans will be naming post offices after Jake Locker and Steve Sarkisian, but all USC got from its trip to Seattle was a familiar feeling of disappointment as the Trojans tripped up against an unranked conference foe yet again.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]12 (11)[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]The defense was relentless and Terrelle Pryor was electric, passing for 262 yards and three TDs and rushing for 110 yards and a score in a 38-0 win. Sure, it was against Toledo, but it was a much-needed confidence boost heading into Big Ten play.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]13 (14)[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]193[/td] [td]Tyrod Taylor reached deep into his bag of tricks as he engineered Virginia Tech's game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter against Nebraska. The Hokies will hope that magic carries over during next week's visit from ACC upstart Miami.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]14 (17)[/td] [td]Cincinnati[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]The Bearcats cemented their status as the Big East's banner-carrier with a 28-18 win at Oregon State that ended the Beavers' 26-game home winning streak against nonconference opponents.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]15 (15)[/td] [td]TCU[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]178[/td] [td]TCU toppled Texas State 56-21 over the weekend, but more importantly, the Horned Frogs watched their top MWC competitors fall. A win at Clemson this weekend would bolster TCU's BCS-busting credentials in the aftermath of BYU's and Utah's fall.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]16 (20)[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]2-0[/td] [td]132[/td] [td]Houston rose four spots during its bye week just by watching some of its competition fall. The Cougars are back in action Saturday against Texas Tech in what promises to be an entertaining QB battle between Case Keenum and Taylor Potts.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]17 (18)[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]119[/td] [td]Despite the absence of Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State rebounded from its loss to Houston with a 41-24 win over Rice as Zac Robinson connected with Dez Bryant for two touchdowns.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]18 (NR)[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]Florida State had its doubters after an unconvincing performance in a win over Jacksonville State. What a difference a week makes. The Seminoles dashed BYU's BCS hopes in a 54-28 win in Provo in a game that was never really close.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]19 (22)[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]94[/td] [td]A 45-17 win over Eastern Michigan gave Michigan its third win -- matching last season's total. Carlos Brown rushed for a career-high 187 yards and two TDs. The Wolverines gear up for Big Ten play Saturday with a visit from Indiana.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]20 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Brigham Young[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]BYU turned the ball over five times in the Cougars' crushing loss to Florida State. A BCS bowl may be out of reach, so BYU will turn its attention to the MWC, starting with a visit from Colorado State on Saturday.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]21 (24)[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]Duke got on the board first against Kansas, but Todd Reesing (338 yards passing, three touchdowns) & Co. took over from there in a 44-16 win.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]22 (23)[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]Another SEC game for Georgia, another shootout. What is this, the Big 12? Joe Cox tied a school record with five TD passes as the Bulldogs held off Arkansas 52-41.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]23 (25)[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]North Carolina needed a late touchdown from Ryan Houston -- his second of the game -- before it could put East Carolina away for good in a 31-17 win.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]24 (33)[/td] [td]Auburn[/td] [td]3-0[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]Another of Saturday's shootouts involving SEC teams saw Auburn charge past West Virginia in a rain-soaked affair. QB Chris Todd threw for 284 yards and four touchdowns in the 41-30 win.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]25 (19)[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]2-1[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]Nebraska was seconds away from the upset but let the win -- and Tyrod Taylor -- slip out of its grasp at Virginia Tech. The Cornhuskers have one final tuneup against La.-Lafayette before Big 12 play begins[/td] [/tr][/table]

I haven't been in here for a while but major props to UM and def have a good shot to win in VT and could really go 4-0. Well done.

Mack Brown seems to think Ronald will commit soon to Urban very soon. We'll see and rumor is that his mom will be moving to Alabama since family is there,making UF the home team here. I'll wait and see but this is good news.

If The U goes 4-0 to start the season, they deserve to be #1 in the country, no doubt in my mind.

[h1] Florida State 54, (7) Brigham Young 28[/h1]

[h1] Wyoming 0, Colorado 24[/h1]

[h1] (18) Utah 24, Oregon 31[/h1]

Saturday wasnt a good day for that Mountain west "respect" huh

Ronald Powell?

I thought he already gave the commit to Urban?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Didnt someone earlier in this thread claim the Mountain West was the best conference in the country?
Yes. I think it was the TCU dude.

Didnt someone earlier in this thread claim the Mountain West was the best conference in the country?
Please, let's not revisit this...
laugh.gif

What up, what's happnin. I've been hopping around all over the place and haven't had internet til just now; but I caught our game on Slingbox. Ihaven't had an emotional swing like that since the 05 Skins game where Moss caught the two bombs. Me and my friend were watching it in the hotel Lobby inMilan at 1 in the morning, and when Coale caught that pass we #*$+@@+ flipped the hell out
laugh.gif
. Ran up and down the hall screaming our lungs out and huggingand high fiving and everything
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Definitely the most hyped I've ever been over a Tech game.

That being said, our offense was flat out doodoo, our run defense was ATROCIOUS and I'm pretty sure Miami is gonna spank the %@@* out of us
laugh.gif
I'dlike to apologize to Fear The Ibis because I'm pretty sure I said there's no way they beat us in Blacksburg; but I'm pretty sure it's gonnahappen now. We've shown we can't open up any running lanes against good defensive lines, so it looks like we're gonna suffer from Clemson-itis(great running backs not producing at all cus the line sucks) til our line improves and I wouldn't be surprised if our O looks just as bad against Miami asit did against Nebraska.

Also good to see FSU repping the ACC and putting those BYU frauds in their place. And I told everyone all week that USC was gonna lose to Washington.

Miami fans are in for a hard fall.
How so

I dislike the school as much as the next person but if you think anyone outside of OU or UNC can beat them this year (that's only if Bradford comes back)then you are wildn

The only teams I see possibly beating them is OU and UNC. VT is such garbage with Tyrod running the show. I don't see that game being a problem. R.Williams will not run wild against the Canes especially if he has a bum ankle.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by CP1708

This is making me uncomfortable.

Good. I hope the team gets overconfident and comes out super flat this week.

I hope you stub your toe so you can't run fast after we beat you.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Naw, I hope UM is stayin low key for at least a couple more games, we ain't done nothin yet.

[h1]Miami Hurricanes' Jacory Harris honored by ACC again[/h1][h3]BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
University of Miami quarterback Jacory Harris was named Atlantic Coast Conference Offensive Back of the Week on Monday after leading the Hurricanes to a 33-17 victory against then-No. 14 Georgia Tech.

Harris also earned the honor after UM's victory at No. 18 Florida State.

The 6-4, 190-pound sophomore completed 20 of 25 passes for 270 yards and three touchdowns Thursday at Land Shark Stadium for a career-high 80 percent completion rate.

Both of Harris' performances came in prime time on ESPN and helped the Hurricanes leap from No. 20 to No. 9 in the Associated Press poll, UM's first top-10 ranking since 2005.

UM's next opponent at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in Blacksburg, Va., No. 11 Virginia Tech, also had a player honored by the league. Hokies freshman running back Ryan Williams earned ACC Rookie of the Week for the second time in three weeks.

Williams ran for 107 yards on 21 carries (5.1 yards per carry) and scored his sixth touchdown of the season in helping to defeat Nebraska 16-15.

Williams, 5-9 and 205 pounds, is from Manassas, Va. He currently leads the ACC with 114.0 rushing yards per game.

• The ACC also announced Monday that UM's Oct. 3 home game against No. 10 Oklahoma will be televised by ABC at either 3:30 or 8 p.m.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom